toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Mystery Cop II--We are starting a second thread--Over 15,000 hits on the first.

You can add this this as you please!!

Re: Mystery Cop II--We are starting a second thread--Over 15,000 hits on the first.

Comments will start rolling over into hiding on the other thread. Plus you won't have to scroll as much to read!

Re: Mystery Cop II--We are starting a second thread--Over 15,000 hits on the first.

Former Officer Pleads Guilty In Fondling Case
No Prison Time After Columbus Kennett Pleads Guilty

POSTED: 10:33 am EST March 4, 2009
UPDATED: 11:39 am EST March 4, 2009

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- A man who pleaded guilty to assault after a girl accused him of fondling her will get no prison time.

Columbus “Ken” Kennett pleaded guilty to assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature during a hearing on Tuesday morning.

The former Greenville police officer and Northwest Middle School teacher’s aide was charged with two counts of committing a lewd act on a minor on Feb. 7, 2008.

Deputies said a girl accused Kennett of kissing and touching her.

Kennett was sentenced to 10 years in prison suspended to three years of probation.

“I overstepped my boundaries and allowed my life to go down a path it didn’t need to go down,” said Kennett during Tuesday’s hearing. “I’ll regret that for the rest of my life. I just ask for a second chance.”

The victim’s mother said she believes Kennett’s remorse is genuine.

“I hope he can get the help he needs to recover from this,” said the victim’s mother. “It is a sickness. I know it is. I think he was sincere.”

Prosecutors said that as part of a plea deal, Kennett will be required to register as a sex offender, complete counseling and is not allowed to have contact with the girl. They said he will also wear a GPS monitor for the rest of his life.

Videotaped cop indicted in beating of veteran

BY DAVID J. LOPEZ | david.lopez@newsday.com
3:35 PM EST, February 11, 2009

A New York City police officer was indicted Wednesday in the July beating of a handcuffed public housing tenant that was captured on a surveillance video, authorities said.

Officer David London used his baton during an encounter with Walter Harvin, 29, who "did not pose a physical threat" to the cop, Manhattan District Attorney Robert M. Morgenthau said in a statement. Landon has 15 years on the force.

Harvin, a U.S. Army veteran, suffered multiple cuts and scrapes, prosecutors said.

London, 43, was arrested Wednesday and pleaded not guilty in State Supreme Court in Manhattan to charges of felony assault, falsifying business records and offering a false instrument for filing, as well as making a punishable written statement, a misdemeanor. He was was released without bail and told to return March 5

London was placed on modified duty 10 days after the July 28, incident at West 93rd Street and Amsterdam Avenue.

The officer charged Harvin with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. Prosecutors dismissed the charges after a probe revealed the officer falsified details in the criminal complaint filed against Harvin, authorities said.

London said in the complaint that Harvin was physically aggressive against him and London's partner, prosecutors said. A New York City Housing Authority surveillance video contradicted the officer's account, prosecutors said.

London faces up to 7 years in prison if convicted on the felony assault charge alone.

Lawyer Stephen Worth said London "maintains his innocence strenuously." He said London had never before been accused of any breach of discipline.

The NYPD's Internal Affairs Bureau assisted in the investigation.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Ex-officer sentenced in sex case
Saturday, January 24, 2009
By NIKI DOYLE
Times Staff Writer niki.doyle@htimes.com

Meridianville man thought chat pal was girl, age 14

A former Madison County corrections officer who drove to Foley to have sex with a person he thought was a 14-year-old girl was sentenced Thursday to two years and three months in prison.

In return for a guilty plea, prosecutors dropped charges against 56-year-old James Norbert Stracke for using a computer to entice a minor to engage in sex. Stracke pleaded guilty to one count of using a computer to send obscene material to a minor.

Chief U.S. District Judge Callie Granade ordered Stracke to forfeit his computer, which will also be inspected at random after his release from jail. After his prison term, he will be subjected to psychological evaluations and three years of supervised release.

Stracke, a corrections officer from Meridianville, was arrested in July when he drove to Tanger Outlet Mall in Foley to meet who he thought was a 14-year-old girl with the screen name "lilly rose." The girl turned out to be undercover Foley police Cpl. Eric Waldrep, a member of the U.S. Attorney's Office Project Safe Childhood Taskforce.

Stracke chatted with "lilly rose" for about four days before arranging a meeting on July 28.

The chats quickly turned vulgar, with Stracke eventually exposing himself via a webcam to the undercover officer posing as "lilly rose," according to an affidavit filed in court.

Waldrep's affidavit included transcripts of Stracke's conversations with "lilly rose" using his screen name of "Jim Secret." Stracke noted several times that he was concerned about trying to meet the girl:

lilly rose: ru still comin to c me sun

Jim Secret: maybe, but am afraid ... I can go to jail if someone found out

Stracke's Internet use will be limited during his prison term, and he'll be required to participate in mental health and sex offender treatment, according to the sentencing guidelines.

Stracke originally faced up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, but the plea agreement helped reduce his term. All fines were waived because of Stracke's inability to pay, according to court documents.

Stracke has been out of jail since July 30, two days after his arrest.

Like old new's, nothing is going to happen.
Darla and Lester will go to court, get fined and pay it. Sure they might have alot of what-about's and how-comes, it will get them no where. All the ones that they will be facing has already came up with all the answer's, maybe the entire outcome of the whole case. There more times then not that the truth does not win in the Pocahontas County Courthouse.
Right more ticket's
Pay more fines.
Isn't that what our law is all about?

So for one in you life, do the rihgt thing. GO to COURT with Lister and Darla, 50 of yous, a hunnerd of yous GO TO COURT. We want justise for Darla. We dont put up no more. WE GO TO COURT.

The bottom line is, you should go back to school and learn basic grammer. Can you read what you wrote? It made no sense... Go to court if that makes you happy. I myself try to stay out of the spot light in the courthouse.

bottom line, please rewrite that, I don't understand, what you're trying too say, sorry.

There are lots of women out here with stories to tell,but like me they are waiting to see if anything is going to be done befor we put ourselves out there and are left hanging with no protection from the people still holding all the power.If it has never happened to you, you can't imagine how intimidating it can be to tell the things we know.I wanted to come forward earlier but first wanted to see how serious this would be taken.It now appears the women wll not be taken seriously only trashed and the officers will not be held accountable! Where does that leave us?

That's what they are wanting to happen. They just want the women to go away, to shut up and take their medicine. Pocahontas County has a terrible attitude toward woman. Some of the leaders of our greatest fraternity will not allow a woman to attend their meetings.

Norman how about you check to see how many men are pulled over verses women by both the local and state police???
After dark
I bet they pull over more women.

Good idea!

Read the paper, there have been some women that never hit the paper for their DUI's.

How would a police oficer know if the person they pulled over was male or female if it was after dark?

If they can pull you over after dark for not wearing your seatbelt why couldn't you tell if it was male or female.
If they pass you or are setting and you pass them they could tell.

waiting , maybe you could get a large group of "victims" together and take a little trip to the state capitol and visit with the attrney general . include this recent caseor "victim" this thread was started on . you folks have a very ,very valuable tool at your disposal . its called the press. you can set an appointment in the capitol, notify the newspaper there as well as the tv news and get them there. i guarentee you will get their attention and action! dont get me wrong waiting but most of the time waiting to see what happens is why most times nothing does happen. this lady this thread is about is courageous in that she didnt wait for someone else to get something done but rather stood up to these scum cops . let me ax you a question , dont you think she would like support from the others of you who have been violated? dont you think she would be grateful for your friendship and support in all of this ??? ok two questions ! please, think about helping her, i gave you some ideas to get action but its up to all of you victims to take action !

I think that it would be easy for a cop to run the license plate of a car he was following, and find out if it was registered to a male or a female, and the name, before deciding whether to stop it.

I think that "running the plate" would leave a record, but I am not sure of this.

I AM A WOMAN AND BELIEVE ME. IF THIS HAPPENED TO ME I WOULD REPORT IT RIGHT WHEN IT HAPPENED. SO IF THEY DON'T. THEY ARE THE ONE'S THAT IS TO BLAME.NO ONE BUT THEM.WHY WOULD A WOMAN PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP.

Superglide,
All these ideas are great but,I was told by one of the officers involved how much I would regret ever saying anything about any of the things that have happened to me.In fact he asked me once,"Do you know what this badge means." I said,"No, what does it mean?" He answered," It means,I can do what ever I want." I told him," No you have to answer to someone,you are not a power all unto yourself." He proved he was.Believe me,Ive spent 10yrs finding out just how right he was.He was not alone either, they always travel in pairs and yes BT was one of them.

Updated: 03/19/2009 05:07 AM

http://capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/135816/schenectady-mayor-considers-options--martial-law-over-police-woes/Default.aspx

By: Steve Ference

SCHENECTADY, N.Y. -- Schenectady Police Chief Mark Chaires said, "This is unprecedented - all these officers getting in trouble at the same time for all these different reasons.

Five Schenectady police officers recently accused of everything from driving drunk to beating up a man are leading city officials to look at taking drastic action to fix a department tainted by the few who may have acted illegally, like Darren Lawrence and Michael Brown who are accused of driving while intoxicated.

Chief Chaires said, "Those two officers, we're definitely going to seek termination, and we're not ruling it out with any of the officers who are out there.

Police Chief Mark Chaires told us you basically have to fire yourself - essentially a million dollar fine in lost benefits over a lifetime.

Still, Schenectady Mayor Brian Stratton said, "We believe there are five officers now who could face possible termination."

But it's not just the threat of termination. Mayor Stratton told us he's looking at all options, including disbanding the police department - basically starting over.

"It's something we're certainly looking into. I think the public has had it up to here," said the mayor.

Currently, officials are reviewing the legal options and planning to present a full report in early April - options like a consolidated county-wide police force or bringing in the State Police.

The mayor said there is another option - and that would be declaring martial law. The governor would have to declare it and then the National Guard would come in. The mayor said it's more for a transition to a new police force if that were to happen.

He said, "It may be that as a stopgap measure, that you would need military forces - State Police, National Guard."

Mayor Stratton said the temporary measure would last until the new police force took over.

. . . . .

###

I totally agree with "hey"..don't let it happen..I wouldn't put up with it from a cop or anyone..you have to put them in there place..just because they have a uniform on doesn't mean they can do or say whatever..I would press charges immediately when it happened!!

Darla did report this to Donna and Donna never took her seriuos.
It has come up now that Leslie may be pregnant? I thought Leslie said she was a virgin. If she is pregnant and it is not her mans.... well let us do math? Can it go back to a hurry up and finish while Brad stops Traffic?

Being a member of the community does an officer have have sex with a informant to get all the info? I am so surprised by the recent arrests and the fact that there are worse villians in this county.
There needs to be a better haste in the county to educating and preventing the exposure of drugs to the young people of our county.
It has been rumored that officers gave drugs to girls in the past for sexual favors. Our county needs a program in the middle and high school to stop these worsening conditions. What ever is in place is a failure or the drugs would not be as bad as they have become!

this is gettin old all everyone what to do is talk about other and like i said it old let god forgive all that is talkin about everyone else god his self is the judge no anyone of us here on earth

To: waiting

If you (or anyone else) wants some solid advice on what you could do, I would also talk with the folks at the Family Refuge Center in Lewisburg (http://www.familyrefugecenter.com), or at the very least get advice from them by email. I know they focus on problems within families, but I bet they also have experience with other cases and know what works and what doesn't. I went to a college where issues like this were routinely "swept under the rug." I won't go into personal details, but, among other things, the student had threatened to carry out a shooting. The administrator I went to, unfortunately, was buddies with the student and nothing came of it. Fortunately, the kid was bluffing and didn't have the guts to actually do anything, but, you never know, and as long as he was there I was constantly worried that something was going to happen. You can bet I was locking my doors day and night and keeping a close eye out behind me.

From that experience, I completely understand your concern that if you come out with something and nothing's done about it, it might make matters worse. I would be very careful/tactful about what you say and to who, and talk with someone at the FRC where your conversation will be kept confidential. Then, at least you can get some good advice and decide yourself what to do with it, without a bunch of pressure to speak out publicly and take it to court. Then, if you decide to go that route in the end, you definitely still could. I just think it would help you, as a person, to get some advice from someone who knows.

To Preacher:I never said a thing about being a virgin. I dont know who you are but I wish I did. Why cant you use your real name if your going to run off at the mouth?

HA HA So how many kids does that make for weasel half a dozen or could it be number 4 or 5 for poor innocent Totten who never does anything wrong!!

Unfortunately I am still too scared to do even that,and even more so after last weeks events. I am waiting for someone to actully bring some kind of formal charges against at least one of them,or some of them, then I will come out and stand with them Thank you for your concern,You are the first to even notice what I've been saying. I had hoped Preaher would respond,I know who he is. I'd like to e-mail him.
Thank You all again

Maybe you don't have the problems these women have,since I'm pretty sure you don't ,YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW

I had some problems with the new format but I am back. Leslie I am sorry you made so many mistakes. I hope you know who the daddy is. I am not hard to find I am in church every Sunday and if you want to come to church it would be welcomed. I am just another member of the few that found the word of the lord. You are welcome waiting and anything you want to tell me go ahead and write it here. I am surprised Weasal is not in the recent arrests. Is it possible he is one of the informants? Sure looks like anyone who is a friend to him is looking at time and he commits so many robberies and is still free. I rather see a thief in jail as a drug dealer. With Pocahontas County having no jobs at least the drug money goes back into the economy in one form or another. I am not saying dealing drugs is good but something is wrong here in our paradise. The war on drugs is lost and the continued waste of money to stop it is terrible. I think that if cigarettes are legal and they cause as many deaths and strain on the medicare and medicaid then they should legalize some drugs and make taxes on them. People are going to find a way to break the law. It is human nature to rebel. Look at Adam and Eve eating the Fruit of Knowledge. It is our heritage to do what we are told is bad. I know that people are sinners and so am I. Leslie I hope you can find it in your lustful heart to forgive me. I forgive you for your sin and so does your man or he would have kicked you out.

"Waiting"

You may think you have no course to pursue and turn that power the officer claimed as your own. You should come forward not to the police but write down your story. Once you put to paper everything you can remember and dates are nice you send it out to news agencies. You send it out to the governor and every member of the WV House and Senate. You send it to the Justice Department and most of all you send it to a book publishing company. If you are still be affected by the trauma of the whole thing you best thing would be consult an lawyer and see what recourse you may have. Norman would help you.
Norman is doing great things and people just take it for granted. Years ago you would be murdered and it called a suicide for speaking out in this county. Numerous suicides are not suicides and CSI does not happen in real life. People confess and that is how arrests are mostly made. Look at the Rainbow case, everyone knew who was involved and nothing was truly done other than making Jacob Beard a millionair because it was a set up from ur Pillars of the county that truky ran the show then.

I wonder if they realize what awaits them in the after life?

you need shot between the eyes

it makes 5 and he is not a very supportive guy but none of you are helping a **** thing also I conceived on the 10th day of february so please recalculate you figures and then I dare you to accuse me of having a baby to a cop.

I believe you. Any woman knows her own body.

Please let the poor remarks go by the wayside. Most of these people can't even keep their own lives straight.

Love that baby!

Its a sad thing that in June Weasel will be a wanted guy and will have to be picked up and go to jail..you need to not let all this stuff people say about you bother you and just figure out a future for your child because you aint gonna get one being with weasel!!

Maybe we can all listen to the words of wise King Solomon: "An ungodly mans digs up evil and it is on his lips like a burning fire. A perverse man sows strife and a whisperer seperates best of friends" Proverbs 16:27,28 It might be good to remember the tragic days of the 1985 flood when the whole community came together to help each other. That spirit of brotherly love is lacking on this blogspot.

You don't know that neighbors were looting one another and people walked up and down the river looking for any thing of value. I was there and I saw what happened and the money that came to the Towns was misused and all sorts of things happened like donated lumber was sold by a local company. Donated food was given to people not even affected by the flood. People that did not live in the flood plain got the taxes back. It was a tide of get all the money you can before your neighbor gets it before you. I saw it first hand. I helped find a couple of the people that had drown. I know what went on.

Sounds like a pack of hungry wolves. ANIMALS. And where was law enforcement? They should have been the ones who could hear the man crying for help as he drowned, just houses away, and could not get to him.

Not saying that some 'church people' are responsible for the sinning going on, but it appears than the local clergy and the churches are doing a crummy job getting through to these people, who are in the majority of citizens.

Once you get used to dumping on your neighbors and stealing because it's exciting to get something for nothing, it becomes a ravenous appetite to satisfy.

All you people who engage in such despicable behavior and still go to church every Sunday, you're breaking the heart of your true Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

From a personal experience I had with one 'man of the cloth', who currently has a church I'm told, I speak to him exclusively:,

"Your heart is so dark that you would begrudge a needy person food for them and their family, over a personality rift. You know who you are. You spat on me defending this person of need. SHAME ON YOU by the Father. Your flock must be those who come on line here and unmercifully trash the down-trodden encompassed in difficult life circumstances, lost in their day to day "hell" on earth. Teach your people to go to these lost souls and hold them close, and remind them (Leslie, for one) how much they are loved by Him and that He is always with them."

Neighbor,

I know that there are some terrible members of the clergy. We had a female clergy member who was using church funds to support her drug habit. She left the church and then came back to the church and took up the same practice of drug use and asking elderly members for there pain meds. Yes there are some bad people claiming to do the Lords work.
I wish the people involved with this case would come clean and tell the truth. I predicted that our Sheriff would end up backing totten after telling Norman, Mr.B. , Lester and Darla that he reviewed the tape and saw the way the car was positioned and who the other officer was.

Does Sheriff Jonese suffer from a disease that makes him forget what he sees and then tells people?

Does Sheriff Jonese think allowing Totten to lie was right? Would Sheriff Jonese want his on child to follow this example?
What about his HONOR & INTEGRITY?
Does he take the oath of the office serious?
I am sad that I made the mistake of voting for him.
I apologize to Dave Walton. I was worried that you being a member of the department so long, that you would be part of the problem. Deputy Walton you most likely would have been able to stand up to Totten rather than allowing him to lie.
Kathy should be ashamed for not allowing all parties to speak but I bet this whole case was planned out and choreographed down to Norman being removed from the room. I think that any member of the public should also be allowed to audio, video, or document a hearing in any court or meeting in this county. I think if they hold a public office they have nothing to hide and therefore should be ready for video recording.
Shame on you Kathy..... you should have done the right thing.

Leslie Crookshanks,
Why have you left your man? Is the baby not his?
I just am curious since the incident was supposed(yes supposed) to been a lovers' tryst.

NOT THAT IT IS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS BUT...We split up 3 weeks before I even knew that I was pregnant, also why are you so worried about who my baby belongs to? Your the most judgemental "SO-CALLED" preacher I have ever heard of. I believe maybe you should not be a preacher and just take up talkin **** on etater!!!
P.S. DONT YOU KNOW THAT CURIOUSITY KILLED THE CAT!!!

TO UP HERE:If you dont mind me asking why will he be a wanted man in June? Just wondering b/c I am in the dark.Then again I have not spoke to him in a couple months.

Leslie

Leslie,
I wish you the best but the problem is that you were there the night all this happened. If you would tell the truth and come clean you could perhaps have grounds for a civil suit against the officers for sexual misconduct. I bet they threatened you to do what ever you were doing. You could be riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels if you played your cards right. At the same time you could prepare a future rid of police that seduce women with their badges for that child of yours.

Leslie you could be sitting pretty if you were clear about things.
I do not expect anything from you more than petty threats and excuses. Prove me wrong!!!

Re: Leslie

How true! The one girl got $250,000. That's $65,000 per time. The county's insurance is ready to pay out. Shelby will soon be getting a huge settlement in her case.

Stinkwell Tater
How true! The one girl got $250,000. That's $65,000 per time. The county's insurance is ready to pay out. Shelby will soon be getting a huge settlement in her case.

You mean $65 grand per trick. Is that what has become of us? Screw 'em and sue 'em. How poetic. But it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

See Leslie you could make yourself well off

Leslie,

You have a good chance of making a real chunk of change not as a "trick". I am sure you were not there on your own willingness. I hope you do the right thing for you and your state of mind rather than just a pay day. I suspect you were urged rather it be threats or some come meet me moment or{QUOTE}" I will make your like hell moment." You have a the situation and you have witness so you have proper case.

Norman would help with a lawyer. If not for money do it for the little girls that may fall into a mess and have no way out.
You have the power and you should use it!!!

I pray you do the right thing.

Re: See Leslie you could make yourself well off

Double g:

Would you talk to Spud for me and get him to honor me with a set up with the lawyer who is going to make these ladies' life whole?

I lost a whole lot more than others and I am looking forward to a demise I will not overcome.

Can you divide 4 into 0,000?

What is that supposed to mean? The interest was never genuine. I can't go on like this.

Spinwell Tater
Can you divide 4 into 0,000?[
/quote]

You wonder why I get upset. Why does it have to be like this?

Too bad the only problem is I was not there.Find someone else to talk into making some money. I am just not the kind to lie and reck someone's life and career all for a little cash that I would'nt deserve. Sorry to let you all down!!!!!

Re: Mystery Cop ll

WITHERED ON THE ETATER VINE

Services tomorrow 9 am

Pastor Norman Alderman officiating

1 2
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!