toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Robbie Alkire to be Hired as Town Cop as soon as his probation ends.

My town mouse just told me that Tenny is not returning and that the town is waiting for Robbie Alkire's sentence to end regarding his prohibition against carrying a gun in Pocahontas County. As soon as he can legally pack a gun in Pocahontas, he will be hired as town cop.

You will remember that Robbie made a deal with Special Prosecutor Dotson that got the felony shooting reduced to a misdemeanor. Robbie can carry a weapon in Ronceverte but not in Pocahontas County.

Sounds like the town officials are ready to forgive and forget that shooting incident which occurred Nov a year ago.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a town cop who doesn't get drunk and start shooting his service revolver over at his girl friend's house?

Well, he won't have his daddy to protect him this time!

Wishful thinking, I guess!!!!

Re: Robbie Alkire to be Hired as Town Cop as soon as his probation ends.

There's always rumors that Tenny won't be back. He always comes back.

Since the "mystery cop" is fizzling out, this should add continuous excitement for our daily fodder.

You see, you think you've gotten rid of them and then there's this little bit left that grows into the big monster that once held us at bay.

Perhaps Robbie has grown and understands the meaning of his ways. Then we would have a law enforcement officer that we can grow with, too.

If he does come back to us, I wish him all the best
because then it will be the best for us, as well.

To me this is BULL**** I got a domestic and I can't even have a gun for 7 years and there was absolutely no weapons involved but he on the other hand used his gun and all he got was probations and is a cop in Roncerverte with a gun.. Shows you how the good ole boy system works. BULL +SH**

I'll bet you that there is a majority on the town council dumb enough to hire him!

I am currently trying to get on the Town Council, I beleive that if enough of us is present at the next meeting and express our concerns we can stop this foolish act.

The next Town Of Marlinton Council meeting is scheduled for March 11, 2009 @ 7 P.M.

"Maydo Driscoll informed the council that Chief of Police Lee Tinney would be placed on Leave of Absence due to medical reasons. Tinney will not be paid durring the leave of absence but will be reinststed if he is able to return. The town will be able to fill the position until such time Tinney is able to return, according to Driscoll."

My best wishes go out to Lee.

i think the town is lookingto hire bob alkire sr.. i think we should still go to the town and ask the don't hire sr. either.

You don't want either of these two yahoo's on the Marlinton police force!!!

Why do we even need a town cop?? We have cops everywhere..state..county..nothing really changes..we still have all the drugs and corruption..

That is a very good question! We haven't needed a town cop in three months!!!

By the way, what does the town judge do when there is no town cop?

If I was Robbie Alkire, I would be to embarrased to come back & ask for a job. Does he not have any pride?

If We Get Robbie or His Father In There We are in bad shape. I thought we were finally getting rid of the corrupt police force in this county.

bring him
on we can get ret of him to just like his stuipdad

You have idea just how dumb some of these council members are!!!They would hire Jack the Ripper or the Boston Strangler!

I would love to see Robbie back in Pocahontas County.

Do you think that Marlinton Town Council is dumb enough to hire Alkire, Sr?
Yes
No

pollcode.com free polls

Norman everything you stated when you started this little thread is totally untrue. From carrying a gun in this county to being in talks with the town council about getting hired as a Marlinton City Police Officer. If you would do an investigation, like any good reporter would, you would have spoke to me about this situation before trying to run me through the mill again, but that's just not your style is it. Most of the time you don't even hear one side you just make it up as you go. The other thread you started is completely untrue as well. The truth will come out on that one, but not on here. If you would have just ask I might have told you how that worked out, but again that's not your style.

Sorry to hear about your case. I guess if you would have actually had a case you wouldn't have lost. I've heard that any man who represents himself has a fool for a client. In this particular situation that old saying stands true. I think maybe it's time that you go out and find a real job and when you do get one don't spend your days spying on your co-workers and digging into their personal matters. Work your 8 to 4 or 9 to 5 job and then go home and spend time with your wife and don't worry about what everyone else is doing in the world around you. With or without you Norman the county will survive.

I hope the county does not go your way.

I liked your post Rob. It shows some class. You'll be OK. Just keep your eye on the ball.

Once again Alderman has spewed venom without just cause or the facts to back it up and I'll bet there are many "sheep" who will go along with it. Hitler tried to do the same thing and we know the results. I'm betting we will not hear from Alderman on the true facts.

ALKIRES DONT RUN THIS TOWN ANYMORE THE PEOPLE OF MARLINTON CAN RUN THIS TOWN BETTER THEN THE SO CALLED COPS WE KNOW MORE ABOUT WHATS GOING ON THEN THEY DO WE KNOW WHO DEALS THE DRUGS

rob if you had only took your own advice and worked your shift and went home to your wife none of this would have happened.

I agree Blue Bird.

stinkwell....it's the mayor that is dumb as as a bag of bricks. he is the most worthless thing that has passed this way in a while. of course, you will not agree since you two are big buddies.

I would LOVE to have Robie back in the county !!!!

like to see robbie back

You people that want Robbie back are a glut for punishment. What if Rob caught somebody doing the same thing he was caught doing? Would he recommend they be let off with a slap on the wrist?

And who are you to know what really happened in Pocahontas County???? Are you on the police force???SPEAK UP BIG MOUTH

Re: Re: Robbie Alkire to be Hired as Town Cop as soon as his probation ends.

didn't read your guys but read this for me please it was not his first mess up. My dad is a bad drunk love him still was living with him had no were else to go. I worked at Cramers lumber company and had to walk to work, which took me close to 2 hrs. If I caught a ride to the end of the rode he lives on so I was getting up at 3:30 or 4:00. Dad come home at 3:00 and couldn't hardly walk. I had unplugged the phone that was by the couch. He seen that and went off said I didn't pay the phone bill and he had something for me. Putting it nicely he go a 20g shot gun and put it to my head pulled the trigger but just before that I pushed it to the side I couldn't hear out of my left ear for days. I was a bad kid in my time but not that bad so I beat him up BAD and called my son's mom to come get me. On the way to town I thought I should go to the jail house and tell my side of things before he made something up to get me in trouble. Rob was the only one there dad's buddy so I told him what was up he said ok what do you want me to do put him in jail. I said no not really could you talk to him for me he said ok I wait for him to sober up then he looks funny at me and says are you on drugs and out there beating on your dad for no real reason. I said no he said your eyes are blood red empty your pockets so I did and had nothing. He said let go look in the car that's when I said some unkind words and said I've been crying from the time he pulled the triger until I got the jail house and I left he still hasn't talked to my dad about that, but still talks to him. My dad gets flash backs from the war I have lost more respect for Rob than my dad. I still speak to both and rub in there faces that I now make 35,000 TO 40,000 a year more than they do. Rob will know my name if he sees this because it's word for word what happend that night and whathe said
but if I done that to my dad I would still be in jail and if he would have at least keep his word and just spoke to dad you would not be reading this yeah he seems like a good guy when he needs to be but in truth no one seems to realy like me because of my past but all an all he's probably got the job anyway but I haven't got use for him or the town so no big deal guess.

Re: Re: Re: Robbie Alkire to be Hired as Town Cop as soon as his probation ends.

I wish i could sue you for not doing something that night.BUT ALL AND ALL I FEEL KARMA IS CATCHING UP WITH YOU AND SHOULD END UP BEING YOUR DOWN FALL FOR THE REAST OF YOUR LIFE .... My dad made me the way i was and iam slowly geting past that you should have live my life then you would fill my pain . Later he tryed to stab me then we fought again i was just picking up my stuff he called cops i went to jail for 6 months lost gun rights but it was for the best i stayed cleen for a longtime and you learn alot in there but hay good luck on the new job anyway

You can kiss your DUI and shooting laws goodbye for the Town of Marlinton if Robbie comes back. He has no respect for either. Can you imagine what someone who was arrested for DUI is going to tell the judge?

No, I don't think Robbie is going to put himself through that!!! It is just too embarrassing!

Re: Re: Re: Robbie Alkire to be Hired as Town Cop as soon as his probation ends.

PS HOW MUCH THEY GONG TO PAY YOU 17OOO 18000 NO MORE THAN 19000 CHUMP CHANGE IN MY BOOK I WOUND"T GET OUT OF BED FOR THAT GO BACK TO TRUCK DRIVEING

Re: Re: Robbie Alkire to be Hired as Town Cop as soon as his probation ends.

no dought

Norman don't pretend for one second that you could even fathom the possiblities of what I'm capable of putting myself through or what I haven't already been through. You're sitting there at the Library or at your home on probably the most intelligent part of your body passing judgement on me. Now you are implying that I would turn a blind eye on certain laws. What evidence do you have to back up your accusations? I've turned my life around Alderman. I guess you expected me to wither away after making a mistake. I'm sorry that I disappointed you.

I know you are trying to redirect some of the attention that you are receiving for losing your case, but do it somewhere else. You and your band of sheep that follow you need not concern yourselves with the idea that I may return to Pocahontas County to be a Police Officer. Even if I chose to pursue any idea of coming back I seriously doubt (not dought) that there would be anything you could do to stop it. Like I said before Alderman get a job. If you chose not to and continue to use this slanderous website try using it in a productive manner. Everything that you put on here isn't breaking news that you brought to everyone's attention. It's news that everyone already knows with Alderman's defamation of character little twist on it.

Robbie, how could you in good faith arrest someone who was DUI when you were smashed out of your head that night?

Would you give others whom you arrest for DUI a chance to get their life back together?

Furthermore, you dad isn't sheriff anymore so you wouldn't have the protection you had with him.

And ,yes, $17,000 of our tax dollars will go a long ways to putting one's life back together.

And, yes, I suspect that the Marlinton Town Council is dumb enough to hire you if you apply!

DUI Unlawfully and intentionally operate a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol. "Smashed out of my head?" What are you a doctor now? Is that a proper medical term? How does that imply that I operated a motor vehicle during that time? Don't accuse me of DUI! Would I give others the chance to get there life back if I arrested them for DUI? I've arrested quite a few of those in Greenbrier County. Is it my responsiblity to give them a chance to get there life back? No Norman it's up to them to do that. Do you know how many people have thanked me and came up to me and told me that thanks to me they were able to get there life straight? You wouldn't know what that was like would you. I'm fair with everyone. I treat people the way I would want to be treated. I'm sorry if they feel that I ruined there life over a DUI arrest, but maybe I saved someone elses life by removing them from the roadway. Everybody can change. Just because they make a mistake doesn't mean you should cast them out or write them off. Is that what the scripture says you should do Mr. Preacher? I put my life back together not because of money Alderman, but because I chose to. My father didn't treat my situation any different than he would any other employee or Deputy given the same situation. Due process Norman look it up. And like I stated before I have not talked to the town council and they have not approached me so you can stop passing judgement on their intelligence. I'm sure individually each and everyone of them has more intelligence than you will ever be blessed with. You keep stating that Pocahontas County needs a cleansing. The only thing that Pocahontas County needs to cleanse itself of is you.

Way to go Rob! I live in Greenbrier County and see the great job that you are doing so therefore we don't want to lose you. Everyone makes mistakes we are all human some people just can't get away from the past.

He who is sinless can cas the first stone....

Norman????

Jesus has forgiven us of our sins....

Norman?????

Rob says he's reformed, I believe him....and forgive him...

I understand you say you have changed. I agree that people can and do change and I do know that YOU can change just like anyone else. So my question to you is this:
In what ways do you feel you have changed?

And do you feel that you would turn in your fellow police officers for breaking the laws and going and having "relations" with women while on duty or would you ignore it and allow it to keep on?

Robbie:
You have already made and taken ownership of a mistake. We are all human and will make mistakes and fall short.

The Key Point to Remember is: Learn from that mistake so you don’t fall back into a trap or circumstance that can result in the same actions occurring.

Implement the following basics:
1. Set personal goals to strive for.

2.Write them down and tape those goals / dreams to your bathroom mirror so you see them daily.

3.Surround yourself with individuals who are in life where you want to be. Separate from those who are and will be a negative influence. You will become like those you associate with….

4.Go to the nearest book store (i.e. Borders, Family Life) and get a couple of self help books. Read and study and implement the wisdom.

5. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

Consider the thought of not returning to Pocahontas County for employment in the near future. Give yourself time to grow and develop. When the timing is right for your return, then you will be able to set the proper example for your family and be accepted by the community.

Take Care,

I do appreciate the words of wisdom, however, I spent the majority of my life growing up in Pocahontas County and at the drop of a hat I was an outcast and unwelcome. I have a community that excepts me now, knowing what I have done, but also realizes to err is human and everyone makes mistakes and I'm not about to turn my back on them after giving me a chance.

As far as the other post is concerned. I go to work, work my shift, and come home. I stay busy on my days off, try to be a good father and a good husband and then start the week all over again. What my co-worker, neighbor or any other individual does with their personal life is just that, their personal life. If one of the above mentioned is having an affair, I don't want to know, that's their business. If I were to inadvertently hear about an affair I don't feel like it's my business to run and "tell" on the person doing it. Unless it's directly affecting me, it's none of my business. I have enough problems of my own without having to deal with someone elses. I can't imagine that there is anyone else out there that has the time to manage someone elses personal life. Everyone that reads this knows of someone that isn't happy at home or that is indeed having an affair. Worry about your own life and the direction you are heading. If you do that you won't have time to concern yourself with someone elses personal matters.

Robbie,
I believe they are asking about when an officer is on duty, not his personal life. If he is on duty he is getting paid to protect and serve, NOT just serve the ladies!!!

That is correct. I am only meaning while they are on duty. I agree with you about their personal lives. I am talking about police men having sex and using their authority to get what they want in a sexual manner while on the job and getting paid. I know for a fact this happens. So that is why I am asking. If you have "reformed" then you also know that the younger women and girls in this county are and have been used in this manner. I am not sure if you have a daughter or not, but if so, would you want the police officers reputations and actions to follow them in the years to come and one may end up using your daughter or coercing her young brain into thinking she wants to have sex with him? I am only asking this as a serious question. Not to make fun of you or anything else. I just want to know where you now stand on this issue, since you feel that you are a changed person.

Robbie:

I know you grew up around there and I know your family is still there. I also know you have your family to consider and keep as a priority above your Mother and Father.

The definition of insanity is: “Doing the same thing expecting different results”.
Keep the same friendships and try to change your personal beliefs and habits are the same thing.

A couple of questions to ask yourself and be honest with yourself:
1. Do you want to start fresh and reestablish yourself and your family?
2. Do you want your children and your wife to trust you completely and be happy?
3. Do you want to change your personal habits to be a better man, husband, and father?

If you answered YES to all of those simple questions, then you need to move out of the immediate area where you and your family can have a fresh start and work together for family goals and dreams. If you answered YES to all of those simple questions and decide to stay expect the waves of criticism to continue crashing down on you and the worst of all, it will affect your wife and children who are innocent to your transgressions.

A real man not only takes responsibility for his mistakes but also provides, protects, and serves his personal family to insure they are truly HAPPY. Do you really believe they will be happy residing in Pocahontas County?

You make the decision and live with your choose and remember no matter how things turn out, you can’t say, you were never told how to keep your marriage and family together.

I believe in you.

I can"t even get a sorry out of him or a kiss my bleep and dad probly wished you would have talked to him your world means nothing to me and alot of outher's i guess you' ll try the hole bad cop thang on me ill be ready and you know how this is little boy

I know that if every mistake that I ever made was still held against me, I wouldn't have a chance in life....How many others posting on this thread can say that their past is spotless???

Robbie made a mistake, granted, it was a pretty serious one, but nevertheless, it was still a mistake.

If we're all going to continue to hold this one over him, then why don't we hold everyone else to the same standard, and not forgive anyone else for any of the mistakes that they have made in the past....

Well, why not? It seems fair to me! LOL

because every one else had to pay for their mistake.

First of all, Tinney is not coming back. He said it was not worth the risk to his health due to stress. Secondly, Norman, once again, you have started unnecessary, untrue rumors !! Rob cleared that up for you, good for you Rob. Thirdly, Rob no longer has that so called "Girl Friend" that you keep referring to, she is history, so that is no longer an issue. I honestly think, Norman, that you would slam anyone just to get people to keep reading the Etater...It's just not fair. I wonder who will be next.

It takes better man to turn himself around than it does to make a mistake. What gives people; that were unaffected; the right to forgive or not. If they were not affected they have no part in it.
Norman believes he is perfect and does not have the capacity to be repent or say he is sorry. Norman is in his own little world and has lost all creditabilty with his ranting.
This "going crazy" needs to let it go and do a little forgiveness for himself as well as everyone else. What a man earns does not make his true worth. I probably make more than any of you but it does not give a truly worth more than any of you. When we leave this world we are going to take just what we brought in to it. We all have character flaws, it is how we deal with them that MATTERS!
Rob I know it bothers you when someone keeps picking on you but e=tater is like sh*t the more you stir the more it stinks. Most people don't view e=tater as a public information but just log on to be amused by the rantings. What any of the e-tater posts say is not going to change anything. Rob, I haven't seen you for severval years but I know you have plenty of talent and are on the right path and you will be fine!

I know that i read the etater occasionally when I have the time, but I honestly feel like this forum is just a place for people who are only interested in other people's hard times...the harder someone is falling, the more the Etater Readers want to know about it. The "OH MY GOD, DID YOU HEAR WHAT SHE OR HE DID"? They really take pleasure in the hard times of others. And, really, what does that say about the readers? Sad lives they are leading. But even sadder, if any of it is EVEN true, it's so exaggerated and twisted that it could never possibly be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Read on folks, enjoy yourself ! This is your life !!!! Way to go !

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!