toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Swithing car title from someone who has passed away

Perhaps someone here can help me. I have a car that was my dads and he passed away. I am trying to get it legally in my name. There is a brother that has all of his things now and is "over" his estate. Does he need to sign the car title or what should I do? I definitely want to do it the legal way.

Re: Swithing car title from someone who has passed away

Yes if he is over his estate.

Thanks upper end. Will the process take longer or will it be about the same length of time to get this done? Appreciate your help.

What the heck is swithing anyway??????? Why don't you just contact the DMV office and get the correct answers.. 800 642 9066 or you can visit their offices in Lewisburg, or Elkins

Thanks smarty pants.

You will need the present title with a death certificate, the paper which names the executor, the insurance card, and present registration card. You will probably need proof that you are to be the owner or the executor to sign the present title. You need to take all of these papers to the DMV. You might call the number to make sure the executor can sign the title before the estate is settled(if it is not settled yet). It will take from 2-4 weeks to get the new title, registration and insurance changed to your name.

Thank you Been There. I appreciate all of that helpful information.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!