toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uninvited Guest--Driver Didn't even get a ticket for this!!

Ok..Then what is the homeowner going to do? Is he going to sue for damages? I realize this home is very run down but it is someones home so I wonder what kind of charges they could press.

maybe he should loose his cdl

So what is the law that was broken? Should JOnese pay to fix this man's house since his own deputies did seem to see anything wrong with this guy running through their living room?

Wonder how Jonese would have felt if this had happened to his house?

Seriously, I think they modeled Reno 911 off of the Pocahontas County Sheriffs Dept.

Administrator
Seriously, I think they modeled Reno 911 off of the Pocahontas County Sheriffs Dept.

thats funny now really funny i needed cheered up be suffering from a case of the blues all week but you put a smile on my face thank you

Administrator

Good one! That is so funny....the only thing not funny about it is that it is so very true and we have to live with it every day.

The question is was there a police report even filed, if not then the family that lives in this home will not be covered by insurance, and there will be no proof of postive to help them, What is wrong with the picture of your law inforcement, That man would have been right there fixing the family home, You have got to be kidding me, it is really cold, and they have plastic up, Come on, Get that trucker to do the right thing, and Go Mr. Alderman get ir done.

Some of my research indicates that the beer joint might be liable to fix the home up! They may have insurance for those who get drunk on the premises and then drive through people's living rooms.

Why would the beer joint owner be liable to fix the home if the driver was not DUI?

The mans vehicle liability insurance will cover the damage to the home.

That's the point--No blood test so it is impossible to determine if he was DUI. Maybe that's why they didn't want to check him. Wonder if they have ever heard of a field sobriety test?

Looking at the picture how would you estimate the damaged caused by the wreck. The whole place looks like a disaster.

It was still their home, regardless of what it looks like on the outside. You can't always judge a book by its cover.

In the Pocahontas Times there is a person that was given 3 days home confinement for DUI. It was over xmas but even with the electronic box he was in Frank Thursday and Friday and in Virgina Saturday. So what is the point of home confinement if people on it can still go where they want? I thought DUIs were to carry a little stiffer pently guess not. I think he paid less than $2000 in fines. Me and some others wish we had gotten off that easy.

someone above ask how a place of business can be held liability for the damage:

If you or someone who works for you allow a person to leave your place of business intoxicated you can be held responsible for damages.

Yes, the persons auto insurance would cover the damages, but that does not mean that if a DUI was issued, that the insurance company would then go after the business.

It does not matter what kind of home they had it was their home and I think the guy that ran into the house should have to pay out of his own pocket to replace it (if he was in fact DUI)

If it was a accident then ok – let the insurance pay it – that is what you have it for – But if he was DUI he should have to pay it.

You said,"If you or someone who works for you allow a person to leave your place of business intoxicated you can be held responsible for damages."

All of this means nothing if they can't prove he was DUI.

you are right Tom
I was just posting information

there should be some type of police report out there as there was property damage if not its clear that the police officers were trying to cover up something and be charged and fired

Is this a surprise ?? In Sept of 2008 a drunk driver crashed at the bottom of Snowshoe, nearly killed the passenger, he was never ticketed, no DUI, NOTHING, but his mommy owns most everything at the bottom. hhmm ?? The hospital has the blood test. It is who you know, not what you do.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!