Author
Comment
Beaver Creek Neighbor Recruiting for Well-Paying Jobs with the Census

From County Buildings

From County Buildings

Good pay
Temporary, part-time jobs
Fexible hours, up to 40 hours per week
Mileage reimbursement (for field jobs) Great rate!

Re: Beaver Creek Neighbor Recruiting for Well-Paying Jobs with the Census

There is nobody in Pocahontas County that wants to work. They will have to bring in Mexicans to get the job done.

Where is the career center located? Marlinton? I'm from Pocahontas but just recently moved back to the area so I didn't even know we HAD a career center! Thanks!

It is located on main street across from First Citizens Bank a.k.a Bank of Marlinton. It is where the A&P store was located, then Family Dollar and lastly Dollar General.

I will be testing at the Career Center (accross from First Citizens Bank) in Marlinton on Friday January 8, 2010. I will also be testing at the Green Bank Library on Tuesday the 12th at 3 pm and 6 pm. I hope to set up a test on Thursday the 14th at the Hillsboro Library but I haven't confirmed that yet.

I will be taking applications and testing at least once and probably twice per week at one of these three locations.

If need be I can also test "On the spot" if someone has any trouble getting to a scheduled test.

The Census is critical to us all. A great deal of Federal Money is allocated based on the Census data. So it is in all our interests to get it right.

So you'll know: Census information is never shared with any other Gov't agency. The Supreme Court has ruled that to protect the integrety of the Census, no one can see the information. After the statistics are gleened out, the rest of the information is sealed and cannot be realease for 72 years.

Up Date on Testing/Applying for Census Jobs.

Testing at the following places and times:

Friday the 8th at 10 am and 1 pm Snowhoe Career Center Marlinton

Tuesday the 12th at 3 pm and 6 pm at the Greenbank Library

Thrusday the 14th at 2 pm and 6 pm at the Hillsboro Library

Tuesday the 19th at 6 pm at the McClintock Library, Marlinton

and we'll be having a Job Fair on Sunday the 24th from 9 to 5 at the McClintock Library in Marlinton. We'll have several Census workers there who can answer your questions conserning Census Jobs and if you like, help you complete an application and administer the test.

Can you download a application for the census jobs?I heard that you could or pick up one at Library.So then you are a little more ahead when you go for test.

As far as I know you can't down load an application. It's not that complicated and only takes about 15 or 20 minutes. I generally give out some other basic information about the test and process while everyone is completing the app. The test itself takes 30 minutes. I have sample tests and have left those at Workforce, and the libraries at Marlinton, Green Bank and Hillsboro.

I've schedule another test for this up coming week. I'll be at Green Bank on Tuesday the 12th from around 1 pm to around 7 or 7:30.

I'll be at Workforce in Marlinton all day Wednesday the 13th.

And Hillsboro from 1 pm to 7 or so on Thursday the 14th.

If you see me and want an application to fill out at your leisure, I'll be happy to give you one. The Sample test has a mock application in it as well but don't use it. I have to use the actualy blank form from the Govt Printing Office.

to tom i know a lot of people in the county that travel for hours to work and spends days if not weeks away from their families.to say no one in poca.co. wants to work just shows how dumb you are.

Have you ever thought about coming to Valley Head to do an application process and testing?

RE: Valley Head call 866-861-2010 for a test sch.

or you can come to Green Bank Library on Tuesday 1:30 - 6:30ish

I can not test out of Pocahontas County - but Randolph County has a recruiting Asst.

no1 in poca wants work tom?I had leave to get work and if jobs would become availible i would come back,so all i have say to you is if all you can do is put the county down get the he^& out!!All you post is negative about the citizens or the county so get out and cry in someother place so your new peers will see what a crybaby you are!!!

I called the number that you gave me but the local number it gives me is a 304-207 number which is not in the area. Do you know who the agent for Randolph County might be? Thanks for your help.

if you will give me your name and phone number I will send it to Tony Higgins

if you don't want to post your name on here you may email me at cw3smithson@frontiernt.net

how old do you have to be to work at this program and what would it require?

Tom
There is nobody in Pocahontas County that wants to work. They will have to bring in Mexicans to get the job done.

I'm sure all of the fine folks here in etater land would like to express their appreciation to Tom and his rousing endorsement of the fine people of Pocahontas County.

But the profanity censor prevents me from doing him justice with mere words.

Hey Tom, your so smart, witch finger am I holding up?

To Poc Co Worker,

Better be careful with little boy Tom. He has been known to get his jollies off by accepting that finger challenge with the results that your whole hand will be swallowed up by his deriere. I would suggest you try a big old deer antler first. Then do your best to draw lots of blood.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!