Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Etater has got pretty dull!

I am begining to get bored with etater.
Maybe it is me, but has it become uninteresting, when I throw a barb, even with truth it gets deleted.
The most action I see is when the Administrator flexs his muscle and says "DO YOU WANT ME TO BAN YOU"?

Re: Etater has got pretty dull!

Sometimes, "no news" is "good news". We should feel thankful the negative news is at a minimal level. I hope it stays that way throughout 2010.

Have a healthy and prosporous new year!

Shiner
Maybe it is me, but has it become uninteresting, when I throw a barb, even with truth it gets deleted.
The most action I see is when the Administrator flexs his muscle and says "DO YOU WANT ME TO BAN YOU"?

LOL That the reason I dont post! I just read and keep my mouth shut!! Sad

im trying very hard to make things interesting with stuff of intrest and throw in a little humor ,but the grammer policew and the kinder gentler croud are all after me......im i parinoid are they really out to get me???? just shows you how the kind and gentle really are ,my gosh i probally need my meds this has got to be a bad dream.

Shiner

First off Shiner, I thought you were smarter than that. The only time I "flex" my muscles is when someone is being personally attacked, I.E. the Hillsboro second grade teacher. Here's a news flash, there is only ONE second grade teacher in Hillsboro. By that, though that person did not mention a name, it was pretty easy to figure out who they were targeting.

No see, the real problem is that I don't pick favorites because of the their last name (thus why Texas Style doesn't post but "just" reads.) nor, religious/political views. I do not pick favorites period.

If you step out of bounds, I will do my job. So, don't blame me because you think etater is "boring". Blame yourself for not having the ability to stay within the boundaries and be interesting at the same time.

oh snap! shiner takes one on the chin.

Administrator
Shiner

First off Shiner, I thought you were smarter than that. The only time I "flex" my muscles is when someone is being personally attacked, I.E. the Hillsboro second grade teacher. Here's a news flash, there is only ONE second grade teacher in Hillsboro. By that, though that person did not mention a name, it was pretty easy to figure out who they were targeting.

No see, the real problem is that I don't pick favorites because of the their last name (thus why Texas Style doesn't post but "just" reads.) nor, religious/political views. I do not pick favorites period.

If you step out of bounds, I will do my job. So, don't blame me because you think etater is "boring". Blame yourself for not having the ability to stay within the boundaries and be interesting at the same time.

So what does my last name have , to do with anything??
Please explan!!

someone

almost a knock out blow at that ,must be a pretty big arm behind that punch.

You first Texas, what's the reason you only read again? Name an instance you were threatened with banning. I wasn't aware that you and I had ever had any issues. Apparently though......

I don't have a group of buddies on here that I will protect. Last names, political/religious philosophies have no bearing on how I run this site. I thought I made that clear in my first post. No other explanation needed.

Shiner

One other thing Shiner, which post of yours that was deleted are you referring?

Administrator
You first Texas, what's the reason you only read again? Name an instance you were threatened with banning. I wasn't aware that you and I had ever had any issues. Apparently though......

I don't have a group of buddies on here that I will protect. Last names, political/religious philosophies have no bearing on how I run this site. I thought I made that clear in my first post. No other explanation needed.

not taking sides here but they have put up with me and god knows that isnt easy .i have no clue who the big armed brute of a administrator is or isnt probally better that way but hey they have been fair with me.but we all have to take one on the chin every so often for our own good.just hope im not next.there i go being parinoid again i got to many people stalking me i just know they are.

YOU ALL ARE CRAZY! ETATER HAS INPROVED 100 FOLD SINCE THE OTHER GANG GOT THE BOOT! AT LEAST YOU CAN START A TOPIC NOW WITHOUT PPL JUMPING ON YOUR BACK! PPL AINT USING THE SITE ANYMORE FOR THEIR FAMILYS AND PERSONAL INTRESTS EITHER! BARRY WAS DELETING EVERY LITTLE THING ABOUT THE SHERRIFS DEPT BECAUSE HE WAS LOBBYING FOR A JOB! NOBODY CALLS ANYBODY BROTHER ANYMORE EITHER! THAT WAS ANNOYING AS ****! YOU ALL NEED TO BACKOFF AN GET BI ITCHING THAT YOUR BORED. IDIOTS!

sideshowbob
........ i got to many people stalking me i just know they are.

Besides Elvis, WhoCares and me?? oh yea, and Dick "shotgun" Cheny...
Oh, and them little green Aliens...

Durnit! The van's startin to get crowded!!

To end this thread:

Enjoy etater or don't. Hell, I don't care and the decision is all yours to make. Etater will survive irregardless. Always has, always will. History proves that.

Yes, it will survive. But I agree, its getting boring. Time for Norman to start some stuff up again to make it more interesting.

Administrator
Shiner

It is clear that you over estimated me, if you that I was smarter than that. Ok I now know there is one more boundry that I must stay in "don't pick on Etater or the administrater if I want to stay on this site". I GOT IT, I will try to do better!
I knew I would get a rise out of you. I didn't comment or care about the teacher thing, I don't know anything about it, I agree with getting that off here, but you should have stopped there by your answer you have indentified and fanned the fire on that one.
I didn't blame you for being dull, I believe I said you were the most action on Etater, that was a complement. It is just how you go about correcting problems that is humorous to me.
Now at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what any of us think or say.
One question, I am a conservative, can I express my views on the tater?
Anyhow Administrater, LOVE YOU, MEAN IT!

someone

But I am not down for the count, unless Administrater throws a knock out punch!

Administrator
Shiner

One other thing Shiner, which post of yours that was deleted are you referring?

I wanted to leave "someone" snowed in for the good of Pokie

At least we got a little action going!

When did it get dull? Maybe it's because I was focusing on all of the women having fun. Are you men wanting a fun thread started for you? Give me 1 idea to start it with, guys.

Cougar With Her Claws Out
When did it get dull? Maybe it's because I was focusing on all of the women having fun. Are you men wanting a fun thread started for you? Give me 1 idea to start it with, guys.

YES!

It looks like *some people* only find etater interesting if they can anonymously throw mud at their neighbors, for some real or imagined slight. But let someone say something about them and the s**t hits the fan! "Oh it wasnt me! it was the one armed man that posted that!!"
oh please! etater aint the old back fence it once was, I say GOOD! i can read it and not get heartburn anymore!

Give me a shot of moonshine, Shiner, LOL. I need 1 idea to start it...I'm thinking...I'm remembering Baywatch's Pamela Anderson, thinking of some more Vixens or Damsels in Distress...still thinking. Throw me an idea, 'cause I don't really check out other women. I'm as straight as an arrow, LOL.

The name Pamela Anderson, and the term "Straight as an arrow" fit together purddy good in my mind!

Bigfoot
sideshowbob
........ i got to many people stalking me i just know they are.

Besides Elvis, WhoCares and me?? oh yea, and Dick "shotgun" Cheny...
Oh, and them little green Aliens...

Durnit! The van's startin to get crowded!!

yes i think bystander and tot are after me ive angered the grammer police ,im doomed i tell you doomed

Give me a shot of moonshine, Shiner, LOL. I need 1 idea to start it...I'm thinking...I'm remembering Baywatch's Pamela Anderson, thinking of some more Vixens or Damsels in Distress...still thinking. Throw me an idea, 'cause I don't really check out other women. I'm as straight as an arrow, LOL.

cougar please feel free to call upon my services in properly checking them out id be happy to help you

LOL Bay Watcher...sideshowbob, LOL...go ahead, check them out for me...I believe a man is made for a woman.

Here goes, picture it, Pamela Anderson is riding up on a horse, bouncing away (since we are in the woods and all). You ride up to her on your Stallion.

There's a big party in the big woods, as you ride up together, to join all of the others. Everyone has their tents set up by now.

...will continue in a moment...

Big Foot and Princess Lea are over there...so Sideshowbob can relax. Big Foot is overly occupied with her. He finally got her to take those two buns out of her hair and it's so beautiful, long and full...

I've still got my hunk of burning love, Elvis...

Sideshowbob, Victoria Principal (that played Pam on Dallas) and Kim Kardashian are over there (look up her picture on the internet if you need to)...and take your pick.

Daggone it! Cougar, while I went after the moonshine you and bob done run off and left me and went partying. What's up with that?

Shiner, there are alot of extra women around, beautiful ones...think you can take on Elvis? LOL..come on back to the party!

Now see? Here's the problem Shiner: You say you were not talking about the second grade teacher thread but your post about Administrator "flexing" his "muscle" yet, your post was in reference to that particular thread. You know how I know? Because that thread was the only thread I have asked someone if they really wanted banned. Open mouth, insert foot.

I guess now, you will tell me that up is down and black is white. Just like you you didn't say what you said? Are you following me? I didn't over estimate you, you UNDER-estimated me.

Now, Miss Vicky. The only advice I can give you is: Continue to go to the other site and argue politics. Etater will be here when you get bored.

Shiner got tired. He left, I guess. I always hate it when I hear Elvis has left the building, too. He has a funloving side too, but I understand...you 2 have to work it out.

LOOKS LIKE SHINER DREW HIS CLAWS IN! THATS FUNNY AS ****! YOU CALLED SOMEBODY OUT AND GOT OWNED NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU DIDN'T MEAN WHAT YOU SAID! AS FOR TEXAS STYLE!!!! YOU KNOW ****ED WELL THAT ANYONE THAT HAD THE LAST NAME SHARP COULD GET BY WITH ANYTHING BEFORE! YOU WERE PART OF THE GOOD OLD BOY SYSTEM AND NOW DONT POST BECAUSE YOUR OUT OF THE LOOP AND AFRAID THE NEW ADMIN WILL SHUT YOUR BIG TRAP WHEN YOU SPEW YOUR HATFUL GARBAGE! YOU ALL WANT EXCITEMENT! GROW UP YOU BUNCH OF PANTY WASTES! NOW ARE YOU BORED!

The Truth
LOOKS LIKE SHINER DREW HIS CLAWS IN! THATS FUNNY AS ****! YOU CALLED SOMEBODY OUT AND GOT OWNED NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU DIDN'T MEAN WHAT YOU SAID! AS FOR TEXAS STYLE!!!! YOU KNOW ****ED WELL THAT ANYONE THAT HAD THE LAST NAME SHARP COULD GET BY WITH ANYTHING BEFORE! YOU WERE PART OF THE GOOD OLD BOY SYSTEM AND NOW DONT POST BECAUSE YOUR OUT OF THE LOOP AND AFRAID THE NEW ADMIN WILL SHUT YOUR BIG TRAP WHEN YOU SPEW YOUR HATFUL GARBAGE! YOU ALL WANT EXCITEMENT! GROW UP YOU BUNCH OF PANTY WASTES! NOW ARE YOU BORED!

my my you need a egg to calm your self down

Administrator
Now, Miss Vicky. The only advice I can give you is: Continue to go to the other site and argue politics. Etater will be here when you get bored.

Sorry Admin., you are mixing up your 'Vickys'. I didn't make the above post, 'Vicki' did. I have posted on the other site in the past, but not lately. That site didn't pan out the way I hoped it would; I wasn't aware of all the personalities involved, or that they had moved to a new site. I know now. (I hate arguing politics!!)

I seldom post here, mostly when there is a library discussion. Just wanted to clear this up.

Administrator
Now see? Here's the problem Shiner: You say you were not talking about the second grade teacher thread but your post about Administrator "flexing" his "muscle" yet, your post was in reference to that particular thread. You know how I know? Because that thread was the only thread I have asked someone if they really wanted banned. Open mouth, insert foot.

I guess now, you will tell me that up is down and black is white. Just like you you didn't say what you said? Are you following me? I didn't over estimate you, you UNDER-estimated me.

I apologize, you are right, I did make that remark and my intent was to might light of the way you handle problems and not the person involved or the accusations. You did right by removing the posts, you did wrong by the way you responded to me in your anger toward me. Most etaters didn't have any idea who this person was, because most etators don't live in that area after your post now they do.

Having said that, would your response been any different if I had make that remark on another thread pking fun at you. And yeah, I guess I am following you, because I read most of the Etator posts, so you are hard to not follow. Yes the timing and place of my post was in poor taste and you were right to delete because that is your job. I know that you are an intelligent person or you wouldn't be in that position. But I didn't UNDER-estimate your ability to handle problems and deal with people, I actually OVER-estimated that one! I didn't UNDER-estimate your self perception of importance, so maybe you want to consider that we all have our little character flaws.
I actually was poking a little fun at you, but since the only sense of humor you have is what can be done with a remote,( yeah, guilty as charged I read that post too) I will refrain from any more comments to you. (after this one of course)
Now here is the problem Administrator: I said I was sorry that my comments were taken the wrong way, I was poking fun at you with the "flexing" and "strong like bull" comments because I thought that you would have to be a well rounded person to be in the position of Administrator and have a sense of humor, guess I OVER-estimated that one.
Your dilemma now is, do you band Shiner or not, because I don't believe I got "out of bounds" (I didn't read all the fine print so I could be wrong) with my response to you, unless it is for following you again.
You do have the "POWER" to ban me and impose the "Censorship" that you deem neccessary on this "Public Forum"

(thanks for allowing me to respond, by the way, have we debated in the Previous Etater?)

The Truth

Do you need a ride to anger management classes or are you attending the same one as others? Now if the monitoring job is done correctly, your post will be deleted because you just did the personal attack thing. ( I think)
"The Truth" interesting, have you considered that may be true only in your own mind?
I am too old to be thin skinned, I have experienced things in my life you can only imagine, and I don't mean all good or bad just extremes both ways.

Here's the deal guys; since coming on at the helm of etater, I have banned exactly five people. One was posting as Muddawg, another as Norman, and another as Raven. The other two were for attacking people. Believe it or not, I'm not ban crazy like some of you think. Nor am I a control freak.

I do not care what your views are be them political or otherwise. I do not care what you say as long as you say it in a respectful manner.

And yes Shiner, I do have a sense of humor, a quite obscure and maybe even a little devilish. Anyone that knows me will tell you that. I love to laugh.

Where this job gets complicated though is when people try to hurt each other. While I have that devilish sense of humor, I am also very compassionate. I do not like seeing people be mean to each other just because they can. If there is a real issue (something other than a vendetta or retaliation), then by all means; go at it.

The thread about the second grade teacher in which you and I both referenced was a retaliation thread. There was no concern for the children involved. I was then informed by a very reliable source that the BOE was investigating. That made it that much easier for me to pull the thread. Due process, etc, etc.

And no Shiner, you and I have never tangled before. I know of who you're thinking of but, that is not me.

Now, for the rest of you: Know that whatever power trip you might think I'm on does not exist. In life, I'm not that type of person. Also, realistically, there is no power at all in this job. What can I do really? Delete your post and ban you. That's it. That's good for what? One, two days and then you're back posting the same exact crap that I deleted before.

I'm not here to take away your rights nor your voice. This is after all, a forum. You having a voice is the POINT. Without you, there is no us. All my job is to maintain a certain amount of peace so that etater can finally become legitimate (which all in administration and even the owner agree needs to happen). It's up to all of you to have some class, to represent Pocahontas County the way you would want it represented and presented to the world. I can not do this for you. It's entirely up to you.

Now onto bigger, better things....Perhaps I did take this topic out of context. If so, I apologize. It's really easy to do when all you hear/read is criticism though. We in admin bust our asses to ensure that each of you as individuals are not only protected from hate threads but also still able to voice your opinions. For that, I do not apologize.

Being at the helm of etater has been a very enjoyable experience for me. I've said that: "....where else can you find out the weather, who wrecked last night and get ideas for dinner all in one place?". That is what makes etater work. That is what makes it worthwhile for not only us in admin but also for you the viewer/member.

One last thing and then I'll take something for my diarrhea of the keyboard. It is absolutely no secret that etater is in the middle of an evolution. Day by day by day, we are reaching for a legitimacy. While etater is already and has been relevant, we are striving to make this a reputable site. Not one where you come anonymously attack your neighbor's drinking habit because his sister's dog crapped in your yard. We are in transition and yeah, maybe I am a little touchy right now I suppose. I apologize.

Etater is enjoying success right now like it never has before. The simple hit count alone is astounding. (Did anyone know that we are approaching one million hits?) It is up to us in admin to keep that success rolling and progressing even more. It is a very touchy process though. Being successful but still being a dirty secret that no one will admit to enjoying is not what we are striving. We want everyone to be proud of their involvement but we don't want you to be scared that your name should one day appear and everyone has already run you into the ground. We also can not lose the edge that created etater in the beginning.

I hope that every one of you will help us with that. It will be for the benefit of the entire county including you and your families. Until the next fire storm...... -Administrator

You are all right, Administrator I wasn't trying to make your life difficult and I do think that all of you are doing a great job on Etater. So for that thank you.
I guess I was bored yesterday, being off from work and too much time on my hands, I believe I was guilty of stiring the pot. I guess sometimes I like to argue.
So wish all of you a Good New Year and thanks for your work!

Understood Shiner. Now, pleeeeease quit throwing the banned thing around. I enjoy slapping you around too much to get rid of you!

Tex,

Thanks for acknowleding that you have read all my posts. Any of your comments were always welcome, especially any that invoked a debate.

But I do not remember you thanking me for my concerns about your brother nor hoping you had a fine holiday season.

So much for your comment that "all my posts were negative." I guess when all of us blind men touched the elephant you got stuck at its rear. the world is like that sometimes. I guess you just did not want to open your eyes and see the beauty of all the rest of the animal.

And you have a fun New Year's Eve, too.

LOL Bay Watcher...sideshowbob, LOL...go ahead, check them out for me...I believe a man is made for a woman.

Here goes, picture it, Pamela Anderson is riding up on a horse, bouncing away (since we are in the woods and all). You ride up to her on your Stallion.

There's a big party in the big woods, as you ride up together, to join all of the others. Everyone has their tents set up by now.

Big Foot and Princess Lea are over there...so Sideshowbob can relax. Big Foot is overly occupied with her. He finally got her to take those two buns out of her hair and it's so beautiful, long and full...

Sideshowbob, Victoria Principal (that played Pam on Dallas) and Kim Kardashian are over there (look up her picture on the internet if you need to)...and take your pick.

victoria ahhhhhhhhhh

Joel Rosenthal
Tex,

Thanks for acknowleding that you have read all my posts. Any of your comments were always welcome, especially any that invoked a debate.

But I do not remember you thanking me for my concerns about your brother nor hoping you had a fine holiday season.

So much for your comment that "all my posts were negative." I guess when all of us blind men touched the elephant you got stuck at its rear. the world is like that sometimes. I guess you just did not want to open your eyes and see the beauty of all the rest of the animal.

And you have a fun New Year's Eve, too.

Joel I believe I posted a Post thanking everybody!!
SEE YOU STILL CANT SAY A NICE THING ABOUT ANYONE .
hadn't say a thing about you for over a year and their you go sticking me in an elephant Ass Same ol Joel You have a great New Years to, May God bless you and all your Animals, Friends,and Family

There has to be a certain amount of bickering to make a site interesting. It gets boring just reading about furry trout, bigfoot, school closings, which town official did what, etc. Every few days I go back to a couple of other sites for some entertainment. I just come back here when there is something in particular I need to know about what's going on in PC.

sideshowbob

victoria ahhhhhhhhhh

Victoria Principal that played Pam Ewing is a very lovely woman, I agree.

Glad to here from you Cougar, I was afraid that peach Moonshine made you sick or you run off with that scandal Elvis.

LOL, I did have a huge hangover from the peaches...a Damsel in Distress...Elvis didn't get to come over for the sandwich he wanted.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!