toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Frontier internet

Is anyone else having trouble with their high speed internet?

Re: Frontier internet

yes mine is really slow

Mine is it's typical unreliable self. Frontier sure likes the $$$$ yet, they don't seem to care about the quality of their service.

We've been on Frontier in Marlinton since Sept. Absolutely no complaints. As good or better than the high speed cable thru Suddenlink in Lewisburg.

ive had mine since last summer and i love it. i also got my dish network bill for 9.99 for the rest of the year

Generally you will find that a slow internet connection is not a Frontier issue. The entire infrastructure is usually slogging along during these periods. Frontiers own speed tests should be accessed frequently so that one gets to see where their own computer speeds should be and what they are averaging:

http://speedtest.frontier.com/

Your speed can be checked there as to how you are fairing with different hubs.

Next the entire internet can be sluggish as well and your own access speeds normal. This can be checked here:

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/

Usually the US is in the nineties and anything anywhere in the world that is in the eighties can be picked up on as being sluggish. Asia is notoriously slow so if you are trying to access a server in that part of the globe that associated web site may be very slow to load and European ones may load crisply at the same time as their response rates may be faster.

Virus issues, amount of users, number of packets lost and any other myriad of issues can affect speeds even when locally they are right where they should be.

Also, it is wise to have a backup browser installed that can be used to evaluate if your favorite one is getting bogged down by some internal problem. There is no adverse issue running more than one browser and they can even be run back to back on the same desktop. I run Firefox, Opera and Midori at the same time with no problems.

Don't laugh, but I use dial-up. It goes pretty smooth, moderate speed. Frontier doesn't have enough DSL ports. I get everything I need except video downloads. Therefore I go to the library and watch the videos. I get to do everything else, because I don't "overload" my computer resources with unnecessary stuff. I have switchboard (a hardware piece) that I plug my internet and phone into. The thing is 10 years old and still works. I had bought it for $50 back then. It alerts me when I receive a call on call waiting. It works for me. I would prefer DSL, but I have tried several attempts to get it. The phone company keeps telling me they would have to run another wire. Until them, I'm happy with the library's speed for videos. I can do everything else at home, dirt cheap. You do what you have to do, with technology in the country. But for the rest of you, with DSL, you should be getting the service you pay for.

Yes, we have DSL and are constantly losind internet connection for a few minutes and then its right back on. I thought that maybe it was a program problem.

We don't have any problems, but if you do, check your cable. The phone cord used to plug into the modem can go bad. It can be good enough for telephone use, but can cause your DSL to slow down, or be irregular.

You have to watch frontier they are such a ripoff. They offer a 'price protection' plan which is a scam for not letting you change plans for a year. If you want to change plans they threaten you with a $200 fee. Even if you don't ask for price protection they sign you up for it and renew it every year without your consent. Phone and internet with them is about $100 and the stupid dish network is another $100. Now they have a special of $20 per month for internet but fees bring it up to $30 and then they want you to get another phone plan. If you are careful you can get it for about $50 for phone and internet but then they get you hooked on it for a year.

try this site:

www.speedtest.com

You may need a ram upgrade.

How fast should my dsl internet be? thanx

Has anyone else had problems viewing ESPN 360? I tried to watch the two last basketball games that were shown there and was unable to get them. I downloaded Windows Movie Maker and still can't get it to work right. Anyone else having this problem? Listened to the game on the radio - what a finish!

Mine is not working at all? I have had to use dial up and I know the problem is not at my house because the neighbors don't have any service either.

Cobra Scanner Man
How fast should my dsl internet be? thanx

It depends on how much you are paying for. Their max seems to be around 3 mbps right now but it does vary. If you are on a plan that throttles your speed it could be much less. You may want to call them and ask what you're supposed to be getting if it is not on the bill.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!