Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How many inches you got???

Next time you have a tornado watch we will make sure to think about you.

I just measured 14 1/2 inches at Brushy mtn rd in Huntersville and pouring it down at 1150 pm

i wonder if my hubs will make it home, in frost, from snowshoe after work this evening. i think i'd feel better if he could stay there. do they have a place he could stay? it took him more than 2 hours to get there this morning. if anyone knows, i'd appreciate it. thanx

It depends on available space...have him check with his Manager...sometimes, they have a room available at the Inn at Snowshoe, at the bottom of the mountain. Wish him luck!

i hope you hubby makes it home safe ss at one time did provide lodging for employees when danny was still there but things have changed somewhat.danny knew if you made it home you might be smart enough to not risk tearing up your vec the next day to get to work thus leaving ss with a shortage of staff.i liked danny ,he even joked with me with me,i recallwhen he said i looked like a axe killer who just got out of prison on parole but he was kidding i think.

finally a white christmas!!!!

We have about 28 inches and it is still coming down. This is going towards cheat.

thanx folks, i feel a little better now. we haven't lived here very long so i greatly appreciate the info and 'company' if you will don't really know any local folks and this is fun! COOL!!!! i just saw what the inside of an avalanche looks like!! a ton of white stuff just slid off the roof!!!!

duchessdd3
thanx folks, i feel a little better now. we haven't lived here very long so i greatly appreciate the info and 'company' if you will don't really know any local folks and this is fun!

A lot of good people here. If you need anything just yell and someone is always willing to help.
I am located right up the road toward Dunmore.

well thank you kindly! i have not met anybody who has not been nice. but like i said, i don't really know anyone - yet !!!!

We have about 21 inches here. My husband and daughter work at ss. He is determined to come home tonight. He says he has been there for 14 years and has never got stuck up there yet. All you people who wished for a white Christmas...I hope Santa poops in your stocking!

Hillsboro is now at 30 inches! Still snowing!!

Here
We have about 28 inches and it is still coming down. This is going towards cheat.

There is so much snow on Cheat...I finally finished getting my car out, which was a real chore. It's staying parked.

Look Out Below! It won't be my doing, but when they plow all of this up here, it will be gigantic snowballs rolling down the road! Look out for an avalanche!

You could ski down this mountain just fine today. God help you if you wanted to make snow angels, you would be digging your own grave.

19 1/2 inches on Back Moutain between Durbin and Cass at 4:53 pm. I've plowed snow from 8:00 am til bout 3:00 pm with my 4-wheeler, and only got my brothers, my mothers and my driveways plowed out. Our neighbor finally came with his 4X4 tractor and got the rest of it.
It's slowed down to a light steady snow for now, but I have a feeling there will be more to plow by morning.

WE had about 27 inches of snow, it has let up a little bit.

How much snow in Green Bank or Boyer?????

Looks like we are going to have a white christmas this year folks!!

9:35 tonight- 20 inches in Dunmore. Hopefully it is over. The roads are a mess. I know the State Road is working very hard. My hat goes off to them. I hope everyone has a very safe and warm Sat.night and Sunday! Be careful everyone!

We have a total of 30 inches now but the snow has finally stopped here at Droop. Our 4 wheel drive tractor can't even make it thru this. And shoveling...well it is just hopeless. At least we have power.

It is only 12 degrees here. The snow is gonna be hard to shovel.

Shiner
to sideshowbob
But the aligators and pythons aren't gonna eat us, but on second thought, they probably wouldn't eat you either, they have better taste.

no snakes dont bother me as at one time i had 13 pythons,boas,packman frogs,and savana water monitors in my bed room so they are all my freinds as for gators there were 2 in the lake behind the house but a .357 to the head took care of that issue both are now belts boots and meat for the table.still cold here 64 degrees and windy kinda damp out .glad your worried about me shinner .

State Road Plow went by maybe 40-45 minutes ago and laid the cinders down good. Still, it's a rough road with all the snow. I would use extreme caution if you are allowed to go out. I don't know, because I'm not going out anywhere yet. I'm just letting you know because they are trying to get into you. The 2 graders (however you spell it) were on this road yesterday. We are still at 20 degrees and it is still snowy lightly and steady. I'm on the Old Route 250.

Snow plow just went up Back Mt Road toward Durbin, 3:55pm (Im abt half way between Cass and Durbin)

Eskimo in a Cheat Mountain Igloo
At least 2 feet or more on Cheat with a temp of 20 degrees now.

The View Outside My Door/My Pond (It's too cold to open the door and try to slide the screen door open.)

Thanks for that great pic,

You're welcome! West Virginia is beautiful as long as you don't have to step outside in the winter!

WVU Fan
Next time you have a tornado watch we will make sure to think about you.

how sweet you care.

dec 27th 7 am its cold outside must be around 60 out

Here we go again with more snow! It says for Durbin, 1-2 inches tonight, which could mean 3-4 for Cheat Mountain. An additional 1-2 inches tomorrow!

i know the temp here in florida droped from 80 to 60 i cant take much more of this burrrrrrr.i had to actually wear a sweatshirt at the gun range today.

Ok, Bob, I hope your grass all turns brown!

I just heard on the local radio station that Florida is having sweatshirt weather . Poor Sideshow Bob,if this keeps up your going to have to wash that shirt!

Cute
Ok, Bob, I hope your grass all turns brown!

dont worry cute if i had grass it would not be brown but thats not a issue anymore wait your talking about my yard see what that stuff will do to you after a few decades,i just got home awhile ago from beachside its now 3:40 am its 43.5 outside burrrrrrrrrrr and yes i may have to wash that shirt this week as its going to be in the 40s at night and not get above 70 all week.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!