toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IS IT OK TO SMOKE POT WITH YOUR KIDS ???

My buddy smokes pot with his teenage daughter. He says it is OK because his daughters would smoke it anyway. ( He has 2 daughters). ??????? How can I help him?
It may be OK for college kids to smoke pot, but do they smoke it with their parents?
Must I mention that this guy is 52 yrs. old & his parents STILL make his house payments?

Re: IS IT OK TO SMOKE POT WITH YOUR KIDS ???

no no no, and I have enjoyed pot in my day. it should be legal. still not ok. i will not drink w/my child when she is a teenager, and that is legal.

No! The guy needs help, and he needs it fast. I think he should be picked up, and arrested for child abuse.

Absolutely not! That is helping your child turn into a dopehead and he doesn't KNOW that they would have started it! How disgusting. That is no parent.

No, they might feel that their parent is now one of their cool friends, but they will some day look back on this and lose respect for them as a parent with morals. I remember several years ago when a woman that I worked with told me that she had gotten high with her fourteen year old son. I swear when I realized that she was serious I was dumbfounded. I asked her what in the hell had come over her to do such a thing? She explained that she felt alot better that he was better off to smoke it with her than to get high with his friends or strangers and risk getting a hold of something that was laced or risk getting caught by the police and going to jail over it.Within the year, he was doing pills, meth and anything else that came around him and when she confronted him about pills thst she found in his room he looked her in the eye and said "its the same thing as weed, just in a different form", and "your the one who lets me smoke pot, so dont start being a high and mighty role model just because Im getting high with something that you dont do yourself.I dont feel sorry for her , if she had used common sense in the first place.

no its not ok.but chances are he will never have a clue as to why its not ok from the reasoning you said he used.i stoped smoking it while my son was in the house for the simple reason it was the right thing to do.also what he isnt seeing and wont by smoking it with here hes made the choice if shes going to smoke it for her.not her but him.

I don't understand the loyal following of pot. I had tried it and it made me so paranoid that it felt like it took me a week to get through a green light on main street.It must not effect others this way.

RU serious? How could anyone even ask this question? You know I have an Idea. Lets get a group of people together at my house, smoke, snort pills, and have one boy OD and move his body to the bed. Then lets clean up all the Drugs and then get our stories str8 befoer we call 911. And all this in front of my teenage daughter..HMMMMM

So I don't care who you are and what you do for a living. If you bring this stuff around your house, in front of your kids, and you even have the slightest inclination of offering it to your children. Just remember "God don't like Ugly" and whatever happens to justify what you have done happens so be.

Its about time this town needs to come together and push, pull, fight, or do whatever it takes to make Marlinton what it used to be. Don't get me wrong hasn't been much on the to do side for years, but it's time that we come together and make is safe for our children and theirs for the future.

Listen up Cheech & Chong! Up in Smoke was a funny movie. However, kids aren't a laughing matter. Cheech & Chong, are you too mellow to realize it? Pot is a Gateway Drug, that leaves you mellowed out and you would take anything that people offer you...that leads to other drugs...that leads to overdoses and death. It happens because you haven't been schooled yet on life's learning lessons and kids are out to have fun...kids can be adventurous in other ways...with their minds clear.

Children of all ages look up to their parents. It is certainly not ok, at all.

Would you rather have them doing it behind your back or with you....Think about that...when I was 16 17 I would drink with my parents and when I would go out I have not once drank and drove they told me I could go but I could not take my own car. If your child wants to smoke pot then talk to them about it don't hide the facts in life upon your child!!!

Talk to them about it, of course. You have to teach the kids. However, don't Cheech & Chong it with them. You have to know your kid...then you can teach them.

Reminds me of the movie, Friday, Next Friday & Friday After Next...all starring Ice Cube. Ice Cube played Craig. Craig had a friend nicknamed Smokey. Smokey ended up going to Rehab. for Pot.

Craig had parents that had boundaries. Smokey's Mom sat on the phone all day, gave him $1 to get her a pack of cigs. and told him to make it enough. Craig's parents talked to him and cared.

Kids will party, but if you give them values, they will learn to listen to their gut feelings and values. When kids are teenagers, you have to mix being a parent and their friend...they need to know, even though you are laying down the rules, that they can still come to you.

Sounds to me the dad needs to be turned in to the law.CPA needs to find out.I feel sorry for the children.And we wonder whats wrong with the world today.

again it is not, just as I would say that you shouldn't drink with kids

but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zizS76elpiU&feature=player_embedded#

Senorita
Listen up Cheech & Chong! Up in Smoke was a funny movie. However, kids aren't a laughing matter. Cheech & Chong, are you too mellow to realize it? Pot is a Gateway Drug, that leaves you mellowed out and you would take anything that people offer you...that leads to other drugs...that leads to overdoses and death. It happens because you haven't been schooled yet on life's learning lessons and kids are out to have fun...kids can be adventurous in other ways...with their minds clear.

Pot is NOT a gateway drug! Sure, you probably can look at most heroine junkies or meth heads & see that they smoke pot as well but there is NO scientific correlation that claims smoking pot will lead you to harder drugs. If you want to go down that road you could say that alcohol is a gateway drug because I'd bet the farm that every pot smoker, every heroine junkie, every coke head, started out drinking booze.

Using that argument, shouldn't we make booze illegal? I'm betting that most of you that are soooo against pot would throw a hissy if they tried to take your beer & alcohol away! I mean pot is a natural substance placed on this earth by God. Booze is manufactured by humans for the sole purpose of altering ones state of mind.

Pot should be legal if booze is legal. Our government wastes waaay too much money going after the guy that takes a couple of tokes after work. Our jails are waaay too crowded already.

That being said, I don't think it's a good idea that Dad is smoking it with a minor child. I think it should be legal & regulated, (what a great source of tax money for the gov.), just like booze.

OK, how about the fact that marijuana is illegal and when parents smoke it with their kids they are breaking the law? So, NO, it is not OK to smoke an illegal drug with your kids. Whether pot should be legal or not is a totally different argument.

I am an OPEN minded mom. I am appauled at the drugs kids are exposed to. It is huge compared to the good old 80's, pills are a problem. I had my mother almost die of liver failure from years of drinking. I have known kids that have died from drinking too much. Then the overdoses. WOW, so I approach it with an open mind, I allow her to tell me what she sees, who does what, she doesn't get into trouble. I worry about her getting into a car with someone under the influence. I worry about her partying with the wrong group and getting into an accident.
So when it comes to smoking pot, I want her to be educated, (on all of it) I don't have a problem with her doing it. I am not going to "endorse" it but I am not going to condone it. She is educated on the medicinal use of marijuana. She is aware of people who have fallen to coke, pills and that lifestyle.She is terrified of those drugs. If I was to drug test her, I would pray that only THC appeared.
I want her to be able to tell me anything without the fear of getting into trouble, that is why we have such a great realtionship. She knows my OPEN mindness and it is respect I get.
I think it depends on the child, age ? no it is maturity.
Kids just need someone to talk to without being judged. That is more inportant than lighting up.

Not until they are at least 30.

So, you would condone your kids breaking the law? Sheesh. Wake up parents. If you aren't going to parent your kids, who do you think will? Teach them to do the right thing.

Those laws do not match the reality. Pot heads are pretty much anti drug just as people who drink beer. Just because the govt says pot is a drug does not make it a drug in the minds of the people. Some of the people against pot are against big govt involved in their lives which is it??

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!