toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bats or Bugs

What is happening up at Camp Allegheny is that windmills are proposed which kill bats. Bats are predators of bugs. The bugs they eat are the bugs (mosquitos) that carry such diseases as west nile virus and other kinds of diseases that produce encephalitis that in turn kill people because their brains swells us and can't work anymore.

True, electricity for the east coast is produced which helps those folks. But all that is left for the local people is a bat depleted environment where the nasty bugs rule. On the east coast they live, in the mountains we face an increased threat from the bugs. That is the price we people in Pocahontas County are facing with the windmills.

This is the single greatest health threat we have ever known. And we will end up the losers.

-----------------------------------------------

And we end up the losers! Click here to see what is going on!!!This is in the Charleston Daily Mail Today.

Re: Bats or Bugs

Agenda
Humans promote ideas that support their own self interests.
Governments promote policy that keeps them in power.
Corporations take actions that supports their greed and profit.

Compromise and working in unity is the only thing that is going to let this nation survive, and it ain't looking good.

if i read this right the case is being heard in maryland. well,rest assured norman that as long as they go before a judge in maryland the bats will be protected. maryland isnt much on alot of things but animal conservation is one of the things they are extremly serious about, reference the eastern shore/ bay area or bear hunting in maryland. they are so tight on hunting and makeing sure any breed of animals arent wiped out its a major pain dealing with them.i would say its almost a case of over kill when it comes to animal conservation and protecting wildlife in maryland so rest easy on that one buddy!

In my opinion it is called natural selection. If a bat is dumb enough to fly into a huge windmill then it wants to die. I mean you cannot miss the windmills and the fact of the matter is a bat would notice them too. Just look at Mount Storm!

disease is killing more bats than wind turbines ever will.if you are worried about the bats let them live in your attic.

If we're going to get rid of stuff that kills bats, birds etc, then we'll have to park all our cars. I would offer that the automobile is responsible for more animal deaths than all the wind turbines ever imagined.

Stinkwell Tater
Bats are predators of bugs. The bugs they eat are the bugs (mosquitos) that carry such diseases as west nile virus and other kinds of diseases that produce encephalitis that in turn kill people because their brains swells us and can't work anymore.

My daughter Baby Bear, was sick first. Luckily, she didn't turn into full-blown Encephalitis. My son, Teddy Bear, did turn into full-blown Encephalitis. He flat-lined 3 times. He was in a coma and everything. He has some brain damage. By the Grace of God, he is here with me today! It, thankfully, did not affect his intelligence. To look at him now, you would not know. Both of my children are so funloving and sweet, with alot of intelligence. I thank God for saving him! 1 in 10 lives. His tremendous recovery is a Miracle! It was years of recovery to make it happen. This Mama Bear is tired...the hospital was our 2nd home. Thank you God so much! God blesses us in so many different ways! These stories are so interesting, few realize that it could happen to them. I read and try to learn alot about prevention.

Mama Bear loves Teddy Bear and Baby Bear...we all love God!

Estimates are that each windmill kills two bats per year. The truth of the matter is it just been studied to the point of acturate.

I wonder how many of these people that see the bats as a valuable predator of bugs have actually habitate for the bats.

I think all know it is just and angle to stop windfarms.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!