toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Our Senators No Longer Represent The People of West Virginia

Senators Byrd and Rockerfeller along with Congressmen Rahall and Mollahan are supporting the Obama administration's goal to abolish the coal mining industry in this country. In doing so they will destroy the economy of the state of WV which they have been elected to represent.

It is time they were all voted out of office.

We need people that will look out for our interests.

Re: Our Senators No Longer Represent The People of West Virginia

They all must go!

How did Byrd become a billionare in D.C. on a Senator's salary.

Did they ever?? big coal owned wva for ages, now that coals on the decline theyre up for sale to the highest bidder.

i think very few states are lucky enough to have one that cares .often they are more worried about getting elected again and helping out thier political freinds.we need term limits and they need to have limited benifits pro rated.

How soon you forget Tom - what they have done for this state. There is a lot more to WV than coal and in case you didn't notice - a lot of the mines are closed now. We have good roads thanks to Senator Byrd. Senator Rockefeller has helped the Vets of WV. The observatory was a direct result from Senator Byrd. Coal has hurt our state as much as helped it in the past. Look to the future - how would you like coal mines in Pocahontas County. The Greenbrier would be as dead as the Monongehela and the creeks would be running yellow with sulphur. Our Senators are supporting their President - they believe he is right. Did you listen to the lies the past administration pulled on the American people - don't tell me you lived in the best of times with Bush. We just have to be patient till the Obama administration can clean up the pile of you know what the President inherited.

You said, "Our Senators are supporting their President"

That is the point of my posting. They were elected to uphold the Constitutation and support the people of West Virginia not "their President"
How soon you forget Lucky. Obama did not win the support of the majority of the voters in this state. One of the reasons he did not win the state was his promise to abolish coal mining.

Also, I have not forgot what these Senator have done for this state.

How well I remember Jay Rockefeller comming to the state as a - Republician turned Democrat - carpetbagger in the 1960's with asperations of becomming a politician. He came here because he couldn't get elected to office in his home state. BTW, his brother did the same thing at that time and went to Arkansas for the same purpose. They both, no doubt, thought they could prosper in politics in a state comprised of uneducated hillbillies who would vote for a yellow dog if he was included on the Democrat ticket.

Jay ran for Governor on a platform of eliminating surface mining and was soundly defeated by the voters of WV. It is now no surprise to most that he is going along with Obama in abolishing mining.

As for Senator Byrd, I agree he has accomplished more than Rockefeller by getting road funding for the state but he is now at an age where his judgement is questionable and he should have retired years ago. Twenty years ago Byrd would have been on the Senate floor fighting for the coal mining industry. He would also be fighting the Obama administration tooth and nail for trashing of the Constitution. I have always voted for Byrd secause of his staunch defence of the Constitution. That has been missing now for several years, which leads me to believe his staff is actually running his office and influencing his actions and voting.

I wouldn't tout the observatory as any great economic boom to our state. It may have benifitted a few but very few. Government jobs are not productive and overall that place has been a waste of taxpayer money.

This president inherited a country that was in much better shape than the country the next president will inherit.

It is time we have some new representation in Washington. The people in office now no longer represent the People of West Virginia.

Our Senators and Congressmen have lost sight of the reason they were elected to office. They now represent the exective branch of government which was rejected by the voters of WV.

Tom is right. It is time for them to go. They did not represent the majority of the people in the election and they are not listening now. Bryd gave support to Obama because he's trying to shed the racist reputation he has. Yes, he has gotten our state a lot of things and he is also known as the pork king. The governor also needs to go because he knew Obama's stance on coal, yet the governor was trying to get the mines open and going all over the state and still supported Obama. A direct conflict here. I don't know what is fear was, but again, the state was not represented. Which is it governor? He was supposed to meet with Obama on this. Obama has gone green and I'm sick of hearing about it. All the myths and crap, who knows. We need to do what we can, but the green thing has run amuck. Just wait. If we people voted them in to represent us and then they do as they want, we the people will vote them out. I'm looking forward to going to the polls.

I did forget one thing Lucky and ditto's post reminded me.

After Hillary Clinton won the democrat primary in WV our Congressional delegation, Governor and electoral delegation completely ignored the voters and immediately endorsed Obama. What good do it do for the democrat voters to bother going to the polls? Their vote didn't mean a thing.

If you enjoy being considered insignificant and ignored then you should vote these same people back into office, however; if you believe, that as a taxpaying citizen of the state of WV, you should have some say in how your representives vote on issues that may have a devastating impact on the economy of the state and your family, you should go to the polls next election and get rid of the bunch we have in there now.

Tom
The reason for Democrats to go to the polls to vote is to vote Democratic. If the Republicans would stay home - that would be nice. Tee hee!!!!!

Some of us rep. voted dem. and some we voted for teh issue not just the name. Get real

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!