toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WEATHER CHANNEL COMMENT MADE ABOUT WV - SNOWSHOE

Last night while watching the weather channel, they were giving the forcast for Snowshoe Ski Resort and a new guy stepping in for Paul Goodloe (spelling ?) said that (not in exact words but close) "When you hear someone say West Virginia, you often laugh" when talking about Snowshoe Ski Resort.... I don't know about you guys, but that really upset me that we would set back and allow television stations make slanderous comments about our wonderful state. I have already complained to them this morning and hope that each of you would too. the comment was made at 10:50 p.m. last night....
Thanks!

Re: WEATHER CHANNEL COMMENT MADE ABOUT WV - SNOWSHOE

Paul Goodloe enjoys skiing at Snowshoe. If Paul finds out about this comment by his co-worker he will be dismayed.

We are a joke; a laughing stock!

he was joking dont take it personal humor is a blessing

I laugh every time I think about WV too!

Here's and idea, if Paul Goodloe's, co-worker shows up on the mountain, snow ball him. Then maybe the next time he'll stop and think, before attempting to slander our beautiful state.

Several times a year someone on here starts a thread where many put up West Virginia Hillbilly jokes. Everyone it seems gets a kick out of them.

But if someone from out of state makes a joke all of a sudden many of us want to take up arms.

Well, the reality is that we here in WV are just about dead last in every measure of standards of life, health, education, government protections, legal competency, corruption, quality of employment etc.

Oh, yes we do at times excell at football and basketball.

I simply up front tell those who inquire about me that I am simply a silly, old, mountain, hillbilly hermit. This sort of disarms them because what they want is for me to be defensive. And I tell them I am sooooo happy and relaxed and content at being these things.

And I tell them that I am happy for them since many of them are arrogant, self rightous, stressed, dictatorial, opinionated, unhappy, status seeking and miserable as they crave to own more and more things at the expense of having experiences. We then usually have some great discussions.

Ahhhhhh, my animals teach me so much more about life than many will ever know. I love it all.

Hey, at least the weatherman knew WV is a state and not part of VA, like most other idiots in other states. They always ask me if I live near the capitol, Richmond. No wonder people say West by ---
Virginia!

And they wonder where we go to school. LOL!

Just remember West Virginia is "Almost Heaven" and if you are a true to your state you will not forget that.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!