toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help Me Get Psyched Up for Christmas

I've been trying to get psyched up for Christmas. It's been hard, work has been slow, but now it's starting to pick up.

I have wonderful children and I want to get energized to decorate, for starters. I haven't even begun buying presents for them, but they know we mostly live on love and take care of our needs. They don't ask for much. I'm going to get them a few special things though, within our budget.

When you're not in the mood to get started, how do you get energized? They deserve another special Christmas. Please help me figure out some ideas!

Re: Help Me Get Psyched Up for Christmas

Decorating gets me in the mood, and if you can afford the gas, load the kids up in the car and drive around and look at the Christmas decorations other people have put up. Theres not a whole lot of lights up yet but that should change with in the next week or two.

Thanks. We'll have to try looking around at all of the lights on the way home. At least work is rebounding. We do have alot of beautiful decorations.

Need Some Friendly Support

I have wonderful children and I want to get energized to decorate, for starters. I haven't even begun buying presents for them, but they know we mostly live on love and take care of our needs. They don't ask for much. I'm going to get them a few special things though, within our budget.

Right there is all the motivation you need!

Thank you. That's why I'm reaching out. You couldn't ask for two better children in this world. They have such wonderful hearts and values. We love Coal Miner's Daughter stories, Little House and the Waltons. We really know the family values. Christmas should just be so special again, even though I have been stressed due to to lack of work. I was sick recently and they took such good care of me! I want to celebrate Jesus is the reason for the season and make it special! I love those 2! We are a sweet little family of 3! I appreciate you all helping us out like this, with your ideas!

You don't mention how old your children are - but to me as a child the true warmth of Christmas was in the hours spent in the kitchen with my mother and sister doing traditional Christmas baking. Ingredients are not expensive and cooking together (and maybe singing a few carols as you cook) is a very exciting time.

They are very itelligent and fun-loving teenagers. Baking and singing Christmas carols would be fun! Besides, everybody has to eat, right? I am really loving everyone's ideas!

Those are wonderful! Thank you! I'm watching Coal Miners Daughter after a busy week. That big, beautiful, fake tree is coming out tomorrow! I remembered I have Elvis's Christmas cd, too!

heres how i do it, i get out my santa suit and head to the hospitals and the day cares and so forth . by the time i get through the first hospital i am energized and ready to roll !

A Microsoft Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except Papa's mouse.
The computer was humming, the icons were hopping,
As Papa did last minute Internet shopping.

The stockings were hung by the modem with care
In hope that St. Nicholas would bring new software.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of computer games danced in their heads.

PageMaker for Billy, and Quicken for Dan,
And Carmen Sandiego for Pamela Ann.
The letters to Santa had been sent out by Mom,
To santaclaus@toyshop.northpole.com -

Which has now been re-routed to Washington State
Because Santa's workshop has been bought by Bill Gates.
All the elves and reindeer have had to skedaddle
To flashy new quarters in suburban Seattle.

After centuries of a life that was simple and spare,
St. Nicholas is suddenly a new billionaire,
With a shiny red Porsche in the place of his sleigh,
And a house on Lake Washington that's just down the way

From where Bill has his mansion. The old fellow preens
In black Gucci boots and red Calvin Klein jeans.
The elves have stock options and desks with a view,
Where they write computer code for Johnny and Sue.

No more dolls or toy soldiers or little toy drums (ahem - pardon me)
No more dolls or tin soldiers or little toy drums
Will be under the tree, only compact disk ROMS
With the Microsoft label. So spin up your drive,
From now on Christmas runs only on Win95.

More rapid than eagles the competitors came,
And Bill whistled, and shouted, and called them by name.
"Now, ADOBE! Now, CLARIS! Now, INTUIT! too,
Now, APPLE! and NETSCAPE! you are all of you through,

It is Microsoft's SANTA that the kids can't resist,
It's the ultimate software with a traditional twist -
Recommended by no less than the jolly old elf,
And on the package, a picture of Santa himself.

Get 'em young, keep 'em long, is Microsoft's scheme,
And a merger with Santa is a marketer's dream.
To the top of the NASDAQ! to the top of the Dow!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away - wow!"

And Mama in her 'kerchief and I in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
The whir and the hum of our satellite platter,

As it turned toward that new Christmas star in the sky,
The SANTALITE owned by the Microsoft guy.
As I sprang from my bed and was turning around,
My computer turned on with a Jingle-Bells sound.

And there on the screen was a smiling Bill Gates
Next to jolly old Santa, two arm-in-arm mates.
And I heard them exclaim in voice so bright,
Have a Microsoft Christmas, and to all a good night.

Superglide, that is a wonderful, fun idea! Lets all get in gear and get over to the hospital together and sing the patients some Christmas Carols! The daycares would be fun too! I wanna be the elf who gives the children candy canes!

Stinkwell Tater, ROFLMAO...I am a computer programmer and that made my day! My daughter would love that too, since she is loving the computer just like her Mom! My son would love something to do with building, like engineering/architecture, etc. Both of my children are creative and fun techies like their Mama!

What better way to get in the Christmas Spirit , then watching the snow fall and watching the Christmas shows on Family Channel and hallmark Channel? Hallmark shows Christmas Shows From noon to midnight everyday. By the way, we've had about 5 inches of snow so far today!! My daughter and I are listening to Christmas music and decorating inside. She wants to go out and make snow angels and a snowman later.

Sounds like such sweet fun you and your daughter are having! We got a ton of snow here and it's still snowing!

take a walk in the woods
gather some pine cones
roast some chestnuts
string some popcorn and cranberry strands
bring home a charlie brown christmas tree
make some hot chocolate
heat up some apple cider
make a batch of cookies or a pan of fudge
put another log on the fire, kick back and watch it snow.

There are some sweet, sweet people gathering here...Happy Holidays to everyone! I'm going to start sending out some holdiay e-cards across emails, too!

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth, LOL

Gee, if I could only have my two front teeth, then I could wish you Merry Christmas!

This actually happened to my daughter when she was just a little toddler. Makes me cry sweet memory tears to think of it. She is so beautiful and sweet! Wish I would have had her smile in that Christmas photo! Even though, she's older, and so is my son...I'll be taking plenty of pictures this Christmas!

Jesus gave me the best presents ever, when he gave me my children! We want to celebrate him and our thanks for our gift, Life!

Good news! We started decorating and we found some good Christmas music! I was wondering, Stinkwell Tater or anyone, if you find the videos for these three songs, would you please post them?

Hardy Candy Christmas - Dolly Parton
"We'll be fine and dandy, yeah it's like a hardy candy Christmas. I'm barely gettin' through tomorrow, but still I won't let sorrow bring me way down..."

Christmas in Dixie - Alabama
"Maybe down in Memphis, Graceland's all in lights..."

Santa Looked Alot Like Daddy - Buck Owens
"Santa looked alot like Daddy or Daddy looked alot like him..."

Merry Christmas Everybody! The best gift, besides Life, family and friends, of course, is the music!

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!