toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bomb Threats at KPMS

Some of you know where Mineral couty is located home of Potomac State College. Well Keyser Primary middle school has had 3 Bomb Threats in a row this week all right around 1 pm. This is crazy I do believe the first one was a note and it was a student that done it. I just thought I would post this to share with you all I have never seen them occur 3 days in a row and there is 1,400 students in that school.

Re: Bomb Threats at KPMS

And yet another today around 11:30.

is it time for fnals for the quarter or something ??? maybe someone doesnt like the class the have at that time , who knows but i hope they get caught, there are guys and gals there who pay to be there and are getting ripped off by this crap !

Daughter of a teacher
Some of you know where Mineral couty is located home of Potomac State College. Well Keyser Primary middle school has had 3 Bomb Threats in a row this week all right around 1 pm. This is crazy I do believe the first one was a note and it was a student that done it. I just thought I would post this to share with you all I have never seen them occur 3 days in a row and there is 1,400 students in that school.

About ten years ago give or take I remember school being let out constantly here in Pocahontas County because of bomb threats at the high school. Kids would get ready to leave school around 12:00 because due to the fact these threats. Eventually everyone would sit on the buses and have classes due to missing to much class.

As of yesterday they busted 9 students in on the threats. Just wondering if they will go for 5 in a row?

What is the purpose of this thread? Are you trying to get somebody to call in a bomb threat here?

KEYSER — Mineral County School officials said Thursday that nine students have been implicated in making bomb threats at Keyser Primary Middle School this week, including one who was charged with making another bomb threat that forced the school to be evacuated Thursday morning — the fourth day in a row for such an evacuation.
“We have suspended them, they will be recommended for expulsion, and juvenile petitions have been filed,” said Mineral County Schools Superintendent Skip Hackworth.
None of the students' names are being released because they are juveniles.
The ninth suspect was arrested late Thursday morning at Keyser Fire Station 2, where middle school students had been evacuated following yesterday's threat. As with the others, it was conveyed by a written note.
“He was arrested and taken from the fire station by Keyser City Police and deputies from the Mineral County Sheriff's Office,” the superintendent said.
According to Hackworth, the child implicated in Thursday's incident boasted to another student about making the bomb threat, and that student reported the information to school officials. When confronted with the information, the student confessed to making the threat.
“These kids have been bragging about it to other students,” Hackworth said. “We've got a bunch of good kids and they're frustrated with this also. They're not having fun.”
The swift arrest, together with the late-morning timing of the threat — which occurred about two hours earlier than the previous incidents this week — allowed school officials to return the students to KPMS shortly after lunch. Younger students had again been evacuated to the adjacent Mineral County Technical Center.
Keyser City Police Chief Karen Shoemaker said Thursday that in all but one case, city police officers made arrests on the day of the bomb threat after interviewing suspects, comparing handwriting and using other investigative techniques. In the one case, an arrest was made the next morning.
In addition to criminal charges and expulsion, school officials will seek restitution from the students' parents for all expenses related to the evacuations, including transportation and law enforcement expenses. Hackworth applauded area law enforcement agencies for their response again Thursday, noting the presence of Keyser Police, county sheriff's deputies, State Police and DNR officers, some of whom reported to the school on their vacations.
“I just can't say enough about law enforcement's response,” the superintendent said.
Another expense to be tallied is lost meals. Wednesday's baked-steak lunch had to be left behind when the school was evacuated, with cafeteria personnel relocating to Keyser High, where they quickly assembled 400 bagged lunches.
“We're going to be looking to the parents to cover the cost of that,” Hackworth said.
Expenses reportedly total tens of thousands of dollars.
School officials hope that Thursday's arrest, as well as news of the earlier arrests, will help bring an end to the flurry of bomb threats. To help drive home the point, Hackworth himself took up the school's microphone when the students returned to KPMS Thursday afternoon, detailing for the student body the arrest and the penalties faced by the young man responsible for the threat.
“I hope that will have an effect,” Hackworth said.
Addressing the evacuation process itself, the superintendent appealed to parents not to interfere with evacuation procedures by attempting to pick up their children from the school or alternate locations. Doing so, he said, only adds to the confusion and congestion inherent with any such dismissal.
“It reduces our accountability, being able to keep track of the kids,” he said. “And the traffic hampers our evacuation procedures.”
In the absence of any public announcements otherwise, parents should assume that their children will return home at the normal time and by the normal procedure, even if an evacuation has occurred.
After four straight days of bomb threats, Hackworth spoke for all concerned in expressing his hope that the episodes have finally run their course. “I'm hopeful this is the end,” the superintendent said. “We just can't tolerate this kind of disruption.”

true

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!