toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Class & Status Tired of Snobs! America is Bankrupt, Face It!

Lets face it. We're in the country. We can't afford Rodeo Drive shopping trips. Get over the name brand idea people. You are not what is on your purse, jacket, etc. Being an American is about neighbors and communities getting together, working together. I myself, have had enough of it! Luckily, I chose to raise my children with values instead of what name brands are about. They know, it just puts money in people's pockets for the name. I could buy them name brands, if I wanted. We usually use the money toward family events instead, camping trips, etc. I'd say the materialistic people are pretty unhappy inside. I'd rather be a fun-loving people person, myself. We need to get back to basics. The roof over your head, food on the table and clean clothes on your back. At Christmas, and on Birthdays, you receive a special want or two, sometimes a family thing, but you don't have to be extravagant. Down deep, every one of us, except Scrooge, is looking for a sense of belonging, family and friends around them. Remember, it's who you are on the inside, that shows on the outside. Money can't buy you happiness, so get off the snooty falooty train! You could stay on for the train ride, but in the end, you'll be lonely like Scrooge, just counting his coins. You can't take it with you!

Re: Class & Status Tired of Snobs! America is Bankrupt, Face It!

Re: Class & Status Tired of Snobs! America is Bankrupt, Face It!

I love that song by the Oak Ridge Boys, been so long since I heard it. It also makes me think of another one, if you can find it, by Alabama, called American Pride.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!