Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
ACCUSED FRIEND - INNOCENT

THIS POST IS ABOUT A FRIEND THAT I WILL NOT MENTION HER NAME WAS UNJUSTLY ACCUSED FOR A CRIME RECENTLY BY A USELESS WOMAN IN MAGISTRATE COURT.
TO THIS PERSON, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I SUPPORT YOU 100% AND SO DO A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE.... I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE WORLD HAS COME TOO, BUT YOU DO HAVE PEOPLE THAT ARE BACKING UP AND WOULD DO ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD FOR YOU. STAND YOUR GROUND AND KNOW, THAT THE CHILD INVOLVED IS REPULSED BY THIS WHOLE INCIDENT. I'VE KNOWN YOU FOR A LONG TIME AND KNOW THAT YOU CAN TAKE THIS HEAD ON AND WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH! JUST HANG IN THERE GIRL! WE LOVE YOU!

Re: ACCUSED FRIEND - INNOCENT

I think I know what case you are talking about. I do hope that this lady is innocent, but you must realize that with all the internet pedophiles out there in the world, kidnapping and hurting children, that each case must be taken seriously.

I do not know the details of this case, but I do know the accused. I would never suspect her of doing anything to harm a child, but then again some of the most infamous serial killers were role model citizens.

We cannot judge a book by its cover, but we we shouldn't let things like this be either. Obviously there was something done for the magistrate to issue a warrant.

I pray that all of those involved find peace and if a crime was committed, I hope that justice is served.

I don't know what's really going on. I care about children deeply and would stand up for them, no matter what the consequences. It's the holiday season and children need us most!

The law of the land says that you are Innocent Unless Proven Guilty.

If this person is innocent, the facts are going to be shown. In each case, people can have character references and such. If all of the facts check out, she should be fine. The innocent need to pray harder, instead of worrying. That praying will lead to a clearer head, in which, they can think of more facts to clear their name.

It would be a hard situation to be in. I know people are watching children closely, so am I. I believe the innocent are innocent and the guilty are guilty, with Clear Facts and Evidence shown without a shadow of a doubt.

Pray hard to get the facts, is all I can say.

Not necessarily. The law of this land (Pocahontas County) states that; you are guilty until proven innocent unless you are in the good old boy network, then, you're free to go.

Could they do a "Change of Venue?" (Get it examined in another county?) If she is innocent, would putting the story in another county newspaper help her or hurt her? Could she do that? Good ole boys?

Don't get me wrong, if someone harmed a kid, I want them and I want them bad. But, I can't stand for an innocent person to be jailed/imprissoned for a crime they didn't commit.

My big question too, right now, is where is the child at, in question? Meaning, Is The Child Safe? Is the person taking care of that child someone with a good background? Do the facts prove it?

If you're innocent, keep Praying and get to the facts! Most of all, too, the child better be taken care of!

If it's who i think it is,nothin she does would surprise me!!! And where it involves the internet,it's a little bigger than a county issue...i think maybe some real law enforcment may step in...this lady has major problems..it's sad her kids and family have to pay for what she does..

Amen, Administratior. You are innocent until one of Pocahontas' finest decides to lie on the witness stand! Then you are automatically guilty. We have liars, forgers, and counterfeiters in the sheriff's department.

Let's not get all self-righteous here when talking about telling the truth. Ole Normie has been known to stretch the truth & just flat out lie about opponents in elections & others that he doesn't want to see get elected.

And the way he loves to gossip & start inuendo & accusations on here BEFORE checking facts, well, he's no better than those that he condemns.

not saying this person is guilty but the m.o. of a predator is to be the best friend and neighbor anyone has ever seen. thus makeing it easy to move in on a family and then the children. if it involves the internet this case could end up being a federal case with felonies. i have been involved in multiple cases where the perp has a stack of letters from folks in the community saying they are the greatest person and mows grass for everyone and shovels snow out of the neighbors driveway and so forth so again i dont even know this person so im not saying they are guilty of anything only that child molestors/predators are usually the nicest person in the community.

The person that needs to be investigated in this matter is the MOTHER THAT FILED THE CHARGES!!!! What a nightmare she is.... talk about someone needing attention.

From someone who has know this woman for a long time, Who could not beleive this, give her a pill and she is ready for action. Finally Justice may be served and put her away before she hurts and destroys more lives than she has over the years. She is Trouble with a capital T, watch her try to make out like it was her daughter not her, would't be the 1st time.

It would be nice to know the exact situation. I don't care WHO, just WHAT you are talking about.

im wanting to know the same thing. what is going on here???????????

weel, you'll never read the whole story in the pokey time that way fear, innuendo, and malice can flourish

I'm the fienace of the father of the kids involved. I'm asking you Norman to take this off of here. The woman involved can not respond to this forum but I can and w/ me taking part in the guardianship of these kids they do not need to be affected anymore by this than they already have. You people need to get a life and find some respect for the kids involved in this. They don't need it w/ the way the schools are these days. So if this forum is not removed than, you will be contacted by my lawyers for the kids sake. Get a life people!!!!

Are you talking about the person in troubles kids or the other kids?

i'd like to know what your lawyer can do when there hasnt been one name of any child or anyone else put on here.even then what can a lawyer do ???

SUPERGLIDE
i'd like to know what your lawyer can do when there hasnt been one name of any child or anyone else put on here.even then what can a lawyer do ???

Perhaps....but I think it's pretty pathetic that People like the owner of this board & others get their jollies from this type of gossip about others! It says a lot about the character of those who participate in the gossip. I suspect that they would see things a little differently if someone divulged a skeleton from their family's closet, (and we all have them), for idle gossip from the gossip mongers on this board!

Who Cares
SUPERGLIDE

Perhaps....but I think it's pretty pathetic that People like the owner of this board & others get their jollies from this type of gossip about others! It says a lot about the character of those who participate in the gossip. I suspect that they would see things a little differently if someone divulged a skeleton from their family's closet, (and we all have them), for idle gossip from the gossip mongers on this board!

It's such a horrible site WHO CARES, why do come here at all?

I know you care about the children. I care about all children. I don't even know who these children are. I thought it was one child. Public awareness is good to keep our children safe.

well lets see here. my lawyers can prove who is the unnamed person in this thread and who the unnamed kids are cause ummm well theres only been one case in pocahontas county that has anything to do w/ computers and sexual purpose. so unless you can prove that there is another other than this one then be my guest but just for future reference know what your talking about before you open your mouth. facts are facts and assumptions are well you know. so FYI my lawyers can do something about it and they will be contacted in the morning if this thread isnt off here by then. oh and for everyone who has mentioned anything about the kids which im not talking about the kid that was suppoably contacted by this unnamed person im talking about my fienaces kids my lawyers can also find out who you are and i dont know if youve ever heard of it but slander isnt exactlly the best thing to have on a record. have a nice evening!!!!

Think of it as a Neighborhood Watch. Can you tell me outright, that the children are safe? Please. I just want to know that. If someone is hurting a child, I want to know!

Yes I can tell you that the kids are safe. She wouldnt do anything to hurt any kids. unlike some of the people who come on here to slander people. they dont think about the negative side of their actions and what it could do to these kids. let me ask you people something what if someone said you did something bad and you had kids and people were talking about you to your kids and making statements about you were your kids could see them what would you do? huh?????? is all im asking is for you people to think of these kids. have a heart

To WTF,

Not only are your threats idle, but nothing posted on this thread so far constitues any violation of law.

If indeed there is a pending case against someone then the information is part of the public record and available for publication, even here.

So far names have not been used, but even if they are again there is no violation of law.

I am sure your "lawyer" will be happy to address your concerns for 100-200 dollars per hour, but it will be wasted money on your part.

I can understand your concerns about what might be posted here and the accuracy of the posts, but that is life on E tater. Not the least of which is the fact that only a few of us even use our real names.

I hope the case is resolved quickly and judicially, but this site is a rumor mill and sometimes you just have to suck it up and forget it.

Thank you for letting me know about the children. I'm so glad and relieved when I learn children are safe.

Now that I finally got the door opened, so to speak. It was because of what you mentioned, about there being only one case. I read in the Pocahontas Times about a case involving a SHOCK for me to read! I knew this lady in high school. You tell the kids, that in high school, when I knew her, I saw a very SMART girl. The puzzle came together for me. Out of respect for innocent children, I won't say her name. I was overwhelmed with shock and thought..."This has to be a mistake!" Facts will show one way or another what happened and what will be done about it. I hope she isn't guilty. The girl I knew, wouldn't have been. I haven't seen her in quite a while. Like, once since high school. I will pray for the children. People can change. I hope she wouldn't have changed! They will find the facts. Justice will work this out...Innocent or Guilty.

Joel Rosenthal
To WTF,

Not only are your threats idle, but nothing posted on this thread so far constitues any violation of law.

If indeed there is a pending case against someone then the information is part of the public record and available for publication, even here.

So far names have not been used, but even if they are again there is no violation of law.

I am sure your "lawyer" will be happy to address your concerns for 100-200 dollars per hour, but it will be wasted money on your part.

I can understand your concerns about what might be posted here and the accuracy of the posts, but that is life on E tater. Not the least of which is the fact that only a few of us even use our real names.

I hope the case is resolved quickly and judicially, but this site is a rumor mill and sometimes you just have to suck it up and forget it.

Nominated for post of the century! Could not have been stated better.

To Joel Rosenthal,
Well why don't you just tell 2 kids that are in middle school and are being put under alot of stress to suck it up and forget it all. Don't you understand what this is doing to the kids? I dont care what people say about the accused but I just want the parts that say anything about these kids and the accusation that " it will be blamed on the daughter taken off." they dont understand whats going on. their confused, scared, and very upset so please take it off there. its just not worth it anymore. but why will you let people talk about people that are in trouble but not found guilty yet so that it hurts the family but when my brother died you wouldnt let anyone type anything bad about him and you also let this web site state his name but that was okay and you said you didnt want my family upset but what about the family in this case? what about having a heart for innocent kids that have done nothing wrong??? what did they do to deserve all of this? can you anwser me that big shot? and no you dont understand were im coming from when it comes to these kids. you have no idea what their going through

You are very caring for these children. God bless you. I realize they are under alot of stress. Tell them again, everything is going to be alright and they can't be blamed for anything. Their Mom is in a very difficult situation and we, as a community, are thinking of these children. Other children and people, give these children your support, honest friendship and understanding!

WTF,

I do believe you are allowing yourself to be overly emotional. Two little kids in middle school are not being negatively impacted by anything being said here. I doubt very much if two little kids spend their time on Etater trying to figure out all the nonsense.

If their world is being impacted negatively it is because of the direct influence of the situation, not what is being posted here.

As much as you want to control the situation none of us individually are able to cleanse the world.

I would suggest that you stop reading these posts for your own sanity and find something positive to do.

Kiss my ass and go to hell

You must also, please try to understand, that since our world lost little sweetheart, Chris Reeser, we are going to watch cases involving children. We are going to watch them like a hawk. Call me a Nosey Neighbor, if anyone wants to, but I will go to my grave protecting children. If anyone hurts children, justice must be served. If anyone is wrongfully accused, set them free. The bottom line is all of the facts have to be there. And please, people, support these children involved in this situation. Offer them your support.

WTF?????
Kiss my ass and go to hell
Haha! Seems like someone told me that very same thing not long ago. Welcome to the kiss my ... club Joel!

Why was that not deleted?

Just wondering
Why was that not deleted?

Well because with all the talk of lawyers, that post will illustrate the true intentions of the one that's crying "I'll sue!!!!!!!!". See, there's not only defense lawyers but also a prosecuting attorney reading this. It's a two way street, not a one way alley.

The article was in the Pocahontas Times, maybe a month ago. It was under Magistrate Court, I believe. I threw my paper away. But it had said something about something being sent to a minor with a computer. Now I don't know any more than that.

As an add-on note...your children on MySpace (I don't know where this took place, but MySpace is the most popular place at the high school.) Some are 18, too. Think about that angle, as well. I suggest monitoring your child's activity. They monitor it pretty good at the high school. There are alot of children at the libaries and they can go anywhere on MySpace. Learn about MySpace and their safety. I notice alot are putting the actual town they live in. They think it's fun and games. It can be, if they're safe. Also, they access internet on their cellphones. Read up on it by going to www.myspace.com!

Also, make sure your child always signs out of their MySpace or email account when on a shared computer (like at the library). When they leave, even though they have closed Internet Explorer, they next person could get right to their information. I believe that's why they have you sign in and out when you are using a computer at the libary, in their notebook.

To: WTF?????, your reply to Joel, and what you said was uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself, talking like that. I sure wouldn't want you with, or near a child of mine. The reason being, you're immature, just a child, yourself.

Snowflake
To: WTF?????, your reply to Joel, and what you said was uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself, talking like that. I sure wouldn't want you with, or near a child of mine. The reason being, you're immature, just a child, yourself.

Bingo! Yahtzee! ....or whatever. Point proven! Thank you Snowflake.

Yes, they could have stopped with something like "I'm mad." It was over the top.

I'd have to disagree with anyone, saying it's ok for children to list their real names, home towns, on my space or anywhere on the computer for that matter. Parents watch your children closely, make a point to know where they're going, what they're doing, and make sure you know the people they are associating with.

Me too. At home, my computer is password protected. I always make sure I log off my user name when I leave the computer. The children only have guest access, which does not allow them internet. Guest access allows them to play their games. Call me nosey, but I am with them when they use the computer. We have "computer time." Now, if they want to write a private email, I trust them and walk away. I have educated them loud and clear. Don't forget to double-check what last name they listed in their email options, for when they send emails. It's what the other person sees, when they receive it.

There is no way that can be interpreted as being "nosy" Innocent. It's called being a real parent. Kudos to you.

Thank you. With the internet, it's faster for the predator to get to your child and easier. I have seen god knows how many young children go into the library to set up a MySpace. I ask them, do your parents know you're doing that? The librarian overhears them, but doesn't do anything. I tell them, I wouldn't do that unless you ask your parent and bring them with you. It is really scary! The cellphones are the things that are harder to track. You mostly just get a call list when you log into a cellphone's website. You really have to have the trust and and a mature child for that one.

One last thing about MySpace...I read the safety, but I had to do hands on...I created me one and I had to get the feel of what was going on there. You do not know if the person's lying about their age, or anything else for that matter, or not. Even though they're not on your friends list, they can still send you a note. It is scary. I make sure all that my children associate with are friends on their approved lists and that their profiles are locked. They have to be friends from this area, that they have met in person. Alot of people jump in too quick, too, accepting friend requests from others because they are a friend of a friend they know here. They tried to pull that one on me. I said, "Just because they know them, doesn't mean you do!" No Way are you adding them! You have to have met them in person. These kids jump in too soon, next thing you know, bad things can happen. Walk them through it slow. I'm not being paranoid. I just like to know, for example, if they go for a sleepover, who is going to be there, same thing on MySpace.

Also, we don't know all of the facts about this case...I'd say it would be traced down to IP (Internet Protocol) address and see who was home at the time. That would probably be the start of it. If an account was logged in from somewhere else, under their name, then they would check that, too. You need a definate computer technician in this case for the facts to truly come out. It's going to be an interesting one to follow. I think we could all learn from it. I just hate what the children are going through because of it.

If you've got kids, it's a good idea to have the only internet accessible computer in the living room, with the monitor situated so that it is visible to the rest of the room.
Also, if you're going to password protect the main (administrator) account on your PC, use a password more then 14 characters long, there is software out there that can crack Windows passwords fairly easily, but it's limited to 14 characters or less. And kids these days are pretty sharp.
Also, a lot of virus' get installed form those "free games" websites aimed at kids. You have to be careful.

Good tips, fellow techie, Administrator2! Beware...beware...beware the Librarians do not watch the children, so make sure you teach them safety!!! I have seen this in person at Marlinton, Green Bank and Durbin libraries. The notebook is really not too enforced...the truth! The most enforcement on it takes place at the Marlinton library.

My computer's in the living room, fellow techie! :o) It is clearly visible. If the children want to watch a video or or listen to music, they simply plug their mp3 player headphones into the computer jack. No second set required!

Innocent Unless Proven Guilty
Good tips, fellow techie, Administrator2! Beware...beware...beware the Librarians do not watch the children, so make sure you teach them safety!!! I have seen this in person at Marlinton, Green Bank and Durbin libraries. The notebook is really not too enforced...the truth! The most enforcement on it takes place at the Marlinton library.

Innocent Until Proven Guilty is correct: the librarians do not watch your children at the library. As one of those librarians, please let me tell you our duties and responsibilities where the computers are concerned.

We ask you to sign in so that we can keep track of how long a computer is in use; we do limit the amount of time a person stays on a computer in case someone else is waiting. We must also report how many people use our computers. (We just report numbers, not names).

The fact of the matter is, we do not interfere with anything that anyone does on a computer, unless someone is viewing pornography, or viewing something illegal, such as child pornography. It is not illegal for your child to set up a MySpace account, and we don't prevent them from doing so. If YOU don't want your child to be on MySpace or any other web site,and you cannot trust that they will follow your rules, we suggest you not allow your child to come to the library unsupervised. We cannot police every child's activities to make sure they are doing only what their parents approve of; we have no way of knowing what that might be. We are not the parents; we are not the babysitters; we are library staff, and we must follow our policies and state privacy laws. We do have rules against chatting, but social networking sites are available and viewable at all the libraries.

I have a couple of questions for Vicky, or another librarian;
Who maintains the PCs at libraries? Does someone come around once in a while or are you on your own with them?

I've never used one myself, do people use them using a limited user account or an administrator account?

If they are commonly used in an administrator account, are they regularly checked for virus such as key-loggers which would gather passwords and personal info to be later uploaded to someone elses computer?

Are the USB ports disabled? (to prevent spyware or trojans being installed)

Either way I would never use a public PC or even a public WiFi network (like at MacDonalds or Bob Evans) to log into any kind of Bank, PayPal, or anything like that. Not a good idea.

Hi Admin 2,

Our computers are maintained by the Library Commission in Charleston. They take care of all maintenance, troubleshooting, etc. People have limited access in that it is not possible to download or save anything to the computer hard drives. The USB ports are not disabled, however, so people may save information to a flash drive.

Our internet is filtered and has very good virus protection.

People should always log out of their email accounts; but when our computers are rebooted, all history and information is wiped clean.

If I can answer any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks for the info Vicky, it sounds like the PCs are pretty well taken care of, and as child safe as possible. I'm sure parents will be glad to hear that.

Thank you, too, Vicky for adding the extras that most parents would not have known otherwise. I love using the libraries.

Thank you, too, Administrator2 for the security parts, too.

Admin 2, we're happy with the Commission. They can troubleshoot and do repairs remotely, so we don't have to wait for someone to drive up here from Charleston, which is VERY nice!

Innocent..I am always, always thrilled when I see parents parenting! It may sound callous when I say librarians aren't parents or babysitters, but when you think about it, I don't want to take anyone's parental rights or responsibilities away. We did decide that chatting could be more dangerous for kids than posting messages on MySpace, so we went for the no chatting rule. Besides, people who chat want to do so for a long time, and we need to keep the turnover moving on some days.

I'm glad you are a library user! And I'm glad this came up, so we could let people know more details.

1 2
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!