toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how has the recession affected you?

im sure its affected us all in various ways.with me i had to drop out of school due to losses in the stock market and go back to work full time.also i dont spend as much money ive made savings more of a priority than investments.i dont go out hardly ever and have made less road trips for pleasure.i dont see things picking up for a good while .i think inflation will kick in hard some time in the comming year and unemployment will contuine to be a issue.people will not spend money for fear of needing it .all the time our congress spends more and votes itself raises what a bunch of good guys and lets not forget all the taxes they have in plan for us.the new health care bill has some reform in it for sure but mostly its a massive tax bill and entitlement bill that will only tighten the noose around our necks more.

Re: how has the recession affected you?

well i had surgery so im out of work bills are high and i cant pay my rent

I had to cut back too 2 meals a day & only 1 six-pack of beer.

CHAMP
I had to cut back too 2 meals a day & only 1 six-pack of beer.

You should probably go down to 1 meal a day....just look in the mirror!

Food prices are outrageous now! I still buy everything we need, but I can't use coupons because I already buy alot of cheap brands as it is! I'd like to go to the head of the big grocery store chains and smack some heads! Taking advantage of us this way!

Just like gas prices...and don't even get me started there!

This Christmas is not going to be the great gift exchange like we usually have, I am disappointed about it and I hope that my kids can understand. I will be getting them some very nice things, just not as many of them. It is also not going to be possible for us to buy much for our extended family and friends. I am thinking it would be nice to make some gifts for them. That would also bring us together more as a family. Perhaps in a way this is a blessing in disguise. It will be great sitting down with my mom, sister and kids, making things to give to others. I always appreciated it when a gift came from the heart more than store bought things too. I hope that everyone else's Christmas is happy and full of love and the spirit.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!