toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
do you feel we need a new political party in power

lets face it be it republican or demos the have all lied to us from local levels to congress and the president.it really seems to me all congress has become is a bunch of influance pedlers on power trips few if any actually try to help the average american.if a new political party was to form have you got some suggestions as to what thier goals should be.basically what would you like to see change in american politics?any new laws or old laws you would like to see changed?how would you hold politicaind responsible for doing thier jib?what about congressional term limits and limits on thier benifits?

Re: do you feel we need a new political party in power

sorry about the mis spelled words was up all night with a sick freind and was in a hurry .

Back in the 1980s there was some talk of a "Destructuralist" party, the main idea being to reduce the size and power of the federal government back to that strictly defined by the Constitution. Basically back to what the founding Fathers had in mind, leaving any decisions not covered under the Constitution to the state governments and their people.
As far as I can remember it never got past the idea stage, not that the "powers-that-be" would ever let a movement like that get off the ground....

yes old rocker i can see where the powers that be would fear such a movement but its what we need our founding fathers would be upset to see what our nation has become ,our core values are sliping fast .

Democracy is a bad idea from the start. It's not like this country just recently fell apart. Corruption and voting scandals have always been present. The founding fathers installed a form of government which was in style at the time. It failed shortly thereafter. Let's try to move on, shall we?

Democracy (we're actually a Republic, BTW) for all its flaws is still the best system of government in the world. There are laws against corruption, but we have to rely on the people we elect to follow those laws, with very little oversight.
A flawed system, but the best so far.

I AGREE 100% WITH YOU OLDROCKER WE DONT NEED TO BECOME ANOTHER EURO NATION OR COMMIES JUST FIX WHAT WRONG WITH OUR PRESENT SYSTEM AND DO AWAY WITH CROOKS IN CONGRESS

It seams that mandatory term limits would be one way to get rid of the career (crooked) politician.
Something like 12 years in federal government (elected) and/ or 20 years total State and federal government, then, mandatory retirement, and you get a check for the rest of your life. *IF* your not convicted of a felony while in office.

Yeah that'll work.. oh wait those laws are already present. If only those darn politicians would behave..... a cry of the weak. The masses of people are stupid. They don't care how corrupt somebody is, they will still elect a crook. If a retard or a bum can vote, how much is voting worth?

asdf
Yeah that'll work.. oh wait those laws are already present. If only those darn politicians would behave..... a cry of the weak. The masses of people are stupid. They don't care how corrupt somebody is, they will still elect a crook. If a retard or a bum can vote, how much is voting worth?

Im not aware of any mandatory term limits in federal government.(??)
And you think only people as smart as you (ie. think like you) should be allowed to vote? I can see where thats going.....
Why havent you run for office? there is an American Communist Party out there. (FYI, if your not already a member)

asdf

what iq level would you say is required for someone to vote?id really like to hear your answer to that.

I would like to see a new political party, or maybe just do away with all parties and actually vote the person, not the politics as a lot of people do now. Both sides have their crooks and as long as lobbying is allowed,you can forget any show of actual honesty in our government. It is simply whose money talks the loudest. Term limits are definitely a good idea, actually two terms is enough for anyone.Any more than that and the old "power" part of politics emerges.(If there were limits in force now, Robert Byrd wouldn't have just become the oldest member of the Senate!)
The whole process needs an overhaul. That is evident from the results of the last election! The people of the United States are going to have to stand up for their country and themselves and soon or life as we know it is going to be gone. Our great great grandchildren are already going to be paying off the national debt we have now,and if this healthcare mess is pushed through there will be many billions added to it. The media controls the elections now and until people learn to think for themselves instead of believing everything they see in the paper or on TV, I don't see any change coming.

the lobbying is discracefull during bushs years it was very bad then obama said he would not reward any of them and turned around and hired more on his staff than anyone before him all the while we sand here and get screwed.seems they never mention such things in the white house press releases.these are the people who basically spread milliond sometimes billions in bribe money around congress to get them to vote a cartain way in the real world its called bribes in congress its called lobbying and no one seems to really care.some of our congressmen and women have added millions to thier bankaccounts after holding office for awhile of not byrd is one of the few that has not become a multimillionaire over the years i think his assocation with the kkk hurt his income potential.

Do a web search for "federal term limits" and the first one that pops up will be the federal term limit for president which has been around for over 70 years and has done nothing to limit corruption. There was a fad during the 90's to limit congressional terms but the Supreme Court found that to be unconstitutional. So much for returning to the constitution as the whine goes. The people support corruption. Bill Jefferson was re-elected to congress after the fed's raided his house and found his bribe money stashed in his freezer. That is democracy at work. Now the media has taught you to call anyone you disagree with a communist, good one. Try thinking on your own for a bit, but you may wish to educate yourself first. How has a Democratic Republic worked out for any of the countries it has been forced upon? We tried to force our ideas onto Iraq and that has turned out to work worse than when Saddam was in power. Afghanistan isn't doing too well with their new democratic government. So you still think that a Democratic Republic is the best form of government or are you just parroting what you have heard? You think lobbying just became bad during Bush's term? Hmmm, President Eisenhower even saw it and warned about it as he saw the military industry controlling our government 50 years ago.
Try studying and reading a bit and you will find the answers there, but the poor spelling and grammar here demonstrates a lack of education.

to asdf yes i can see where you would be on saddams side after all he killed entire villages of kurds with gas,ran prisions where drills and hot pokers and clubs and glass run up the private parts of men then beat with a hammer ,no free elections.anyone who spoke out aginst him would be subject to death or one of saddams torture chambers.his sons also had thier private prisons where the same thing went on.and often his one son would have very young women kidnaped for his sexual pleasures as young as 10 and 11 years old.i can see where you think that was a bad thing to stop and my grammer and spelling are poor but it seems to me your preception of whats right and wrong are twisted because of politics .you wont hear me say one word aginst obama for increasing troops in his choice of wars because i happen to belive for world peace its neccesary we can not allow terror and lunitics to rule the world when bush crushed saddam it helped long term to bring peace to a nation.i recall a story of a marine who saw a old man being pushed in a grocery cart to vote in iraqs first election ,insurgants from many nations were attacking those trying to get to the polls seting off bombs ,sniper fire ,mortors etc.yet hundreads showed up at this local polling station .no vec traffic was allowed in a 2 square mile area .marines were fighting to make it safe but civlains were falling to the forces of muslim extreamist not wanting to see free elections.when the marine asked the crippled up old man in the shoping cart why he risked so much to get there he said i wanted to vote one time before i die in a honset free election.asdf that is a improvement in any free mans book and has nothing to do with republicans aginst demo as you inply.in the furture iraq my have the chance to be a free nation not run by blood thursty tyrants and that is a acomplishment that you seem to block out.a small group of men in pheldelphia did the same a couple centuries ago if you recall. so go ahead attack my spelling ang grammer try to make it a political issue and be bitter but ill stand on the side of freedom and hope every time .again i dont like obama but if he carries through with his plans and helps free the afgan people from thr tyrants who fight so despertly ill say the same about him as i did bush .given the choice id die with a gun in my hand fighting for my freedom or others you will die on your knees im sure.by the way the usa is a republic.yes the president has term limits i was not refering to that but congress they get in for life in some cases and instead of working for the people they become pals with those who lobby and others within thier party soon they no longer do whats best for us but them and thier freinds,history clearly shows that so i feel 2 terms is all they need serve and they dont deserve benifits for life for it.i do think on my own a bit and i see the free elections the fact that iraq my end up becoming a member of the world community and enjoy free trade and human rights again free elections are you blind to the fact that can only come under a system of freedom not tyrants rule?thank you for insulting my education so ill return the favor you are obviously very well educated your grammer and spelling is perfect to stand out in those areas and deserve prasise for it .but sadly your common sense lacks to the point no ammount of education will make up for it.unlike a education in spelling and grammer common sense is something you cant learn you either have it or not .its the same for freedom you either have it or no .and you seem not to appreate what you have and others do not it is worth fighting for and id die for mine if required.would you

Yeah, I must be on Saddam's side if I think citizens not being killed daily is a better lifestyle for them. Who do you think taught Saddam's regime their torture tactics? GHW Bush's CIA. Saddam was our golden boy back in the 70's when he broke rank with the Arabs and sold us oil during the oil embargo. The US gave Saddam military aid in the 1980-1988 Iran - Iraq war. If you really want to know about the charges against Saddam's regime, you will have to go back to 1988 and a small op-ed piece in the NY Times that started the bogus claims of Saddam "gassing his own people". Do you still believe the "Saddam was working with Al-Qaeda" and WMD lies? You may not believe them now but like the rest of the lemmings you will believe the re-packaged lies when they are spread about Iran by the American media.
Now Iraq will be run by greedy companies buying corrupt politicians who are not so easy to eliminate as a single family. As the citizens are murdered daily on the streets, their infrastucture lays in ruin and their resources gain them nothing, they can enjoy their 'freedom', how American....

to asdf you forgot to mention we also provided aid to iran we were smart help each of the pain in the A@@ nations destroy eachother.and for your info saddams political party came to power in ww2 because the nazi party was backing them and the party of saddam is based on the nazi party have you not watched the history channel and seen the story about it and saddam or were you to busy correcting others grammer and spelling ?there are tons of proff of saddam having the kurds gassed by the thousands .i saw the pictures and the people and documents again on the history channel i guess you dont think it happened hate to tell you but the kurds are iraq citizens.as for wmd gas is one the 2,5 metric tons of uranium we shiped out of iraq would be another i guess you have never heard of dirty bombs have you.also lets not forget the sattalite photos of truck convoys heading to syria and iraq we took just prior to the invasion i doubt it was a few 100 trucks of charmin bath tissues in those military trucks .and before you say that they were not freinds with iran they also sent dozens of thier fighter planes there so they would not be bombed or shot out of the skys just prior to the invasion.200 years ago the new united states of america had just won a brutal war with england it took time to deal with the torrie supporters they didnt go away over night that new nation has serious echonomic problems and very little of a federal goverment for a long time but the people had something they had not had before freedom to choose how and who would run things .the nation of iraq now has the chance ot walk in the same foot steps that new nation called america did over 200 years ago.granted it will not be easy and it will take time but they have that chance now something they didnt have under the bootstraps of the tyrant saddam.sorry that you are to blind to see that or to arrogant to see it but as a american i can see it and hope it happens.and i can care less about who was president and you seem to forget it was a demo controlled house and senate who voted yes for the war .you let your hate of gw bush and the republican party guide you and only see what the liberal media has trained you to see like a dog on a chain you follow your master and lick his boots and bark and growl when he commands you to.i think for my self and want to see a free world where the people decide whats best not blood thirsty tyrants ,its called being a american and proud of it hopefully in years to come you will see iraq emerage as a strong nation of free men and women able to decide thier own fate and speak out in public like we do here on etater and the whole world will know our nation made it possible and the people of our nation will be proud of its action .but even then you wont will you my freind because of politics and hate and fear i really feel sorry for you .as for thier resourses they were drained off by the billions by saddam and his family mor have you forgot the tractor trailers and homes full of 100.00 bills ton upon tons of them.right now iraq is selling oil on the open market just like all the other oil rich nations .you must think some one will wave a magic wand and fix the problems of iraq overnight .it took decades for our nation to operate in a semi normal fashion after winning our freedom and they to must follow that path.again i feel sorry for you you know so little about nation building and history but you do spell better than me and have good grammer got to give you that one .

hey asdf have you been riding around in that van with elvis ,big foot and dick?i orgnally was thinking it was pee wee herman but now im not so sure.just kidding man lighten up i can tell from your posts your really stressed out .you need to chill before your head explodes all that sress is not good for you.so im not going to post on this thread again for awhile.ive been blamed for a lot of things over the years and been guilty of a few of them but i dont want to be blamed for you having a heart attack loss of feeling in your spine or your head exploding or erectile disfunction or loss of speech.im walking away from this thread for a bit so hears your chance to attack me and say mean things about me what ever you want .ill not comment and i dont have any freinds that will say much were all bad spellers and use poor grammer any way .so as goldie hawn said sock it to me get it out of your system i dont want any of the bad stuff i listed above to happen to you.well it would be funny if you had a problem with thr erectile disfunction for a bit id get a jolly out of that but so would big foot and elvis.sadly dick c would just shoot you hes the republican version of you im afraid and just cant take a joke or see reason !!! see another joke .seriously chill out brother it could be bad for you.bye

The radical "fringe" element has taken over BOTH political parties! This country desperately needs a third party for the moderates! Seems that neither party wants to welcome moderates & their ideas into their party.

yes a third party would be nice ,while i agre with you who cares that the radicals onboth sides have gained a lot of power i think the demos have a lot more of them.

We don't need a third party we just need to get rid of all incumbents from both parties and start fresh. These people have all been in office too long.

Vote them all out.

sideshowbob
yes a third party would be nice ,while i agre with you who cares that the radicals onboth sides have gained a lot of power i think the demos have a lot more of them.

Of course you think the dems are worse because YOU are one of the radicals on the right whose loyalty to your party knows no limits. Anyone who thinks that one party is less corrupt & sleazy than the other is terribly naive & ignorant! (and a partisan sheep).

sorry who cares but if you knew me at all you would know i embrace a mixture of both partys and not the radical side of either .were all still trying to figure out what you embrace other than yourself.surly someone with even your limited comprension can tell that im not either but both.while you are clearly a member of the we hate everyone party.you really need to lighten up before your head explodes.

sideshow...if you spent as much time working on getting your high school diploma or GED as you do expounding your B.S. on this board, you might actually be able to put a complete sentence together. Just a thought.

As for me bobbieboy, I'm an independent. I consider myself a "moderate" for those who feel the need to label everyone. I lean left on some issues & right on another. See, unlike you sideshow....I know that BOTH parties are EQUALLY slimey & corrupt! Sheep like you think that your party is somehow not as bad as the other side. That comes from drinking the koolaid.

sorry who cares im a independent also just i tend to vote rep because demos are to much in to hugging and entilement programs and couldnt deal with overseas issues because every know they are weak overseas.maybe should look at the other posts on here before you talk about my education and skills who cares you might get a suprize .im scared for you when you wake up your mouth might come to a stop so fast it hurts you.hows the shadow puppet shows going.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!