toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Another Nasty Job for the Sheriff

What else can happen with the sheriff's department. They have criminals trying to force themselves back on to active duty; the sheriff hires a person who was indicted in Kentucky and stripped of his police credentials in that state. The sheriff has a complaint filed by a girl who was sexually assaulted on the Stillwell road NINE MONTHS AGO. That victim claims that there were two females with the two "officers" that night and that one of the officers searched her with his "hands."

Jonese begged for a little time to get the investigation going. Enough time has now passed for a baby to go through the entire gestation cycle and be born AND JONESE STILL HASN'T REPORTED BACK ON HIS INVESTIGATION.

That baby may be an old man/woman before Jonese gets the investigation done.

Now Mr. Jonese will be selling out one of his own deputies.

From Drop Box

Re: Another Nasty Job for the Sheriff

The problem is that Totten was using the accounting firm of Ben Wilfong CPA to write out his mortgage payments for him.

That is just wrong for you to post this. Yes I know it was in the paper and is public information, but come on. But was it something that you really needed to bring to everyone's attention. Are you happy that he might loose everything? Everyone and I mean everyone I know is having hard times during this economic situation. No one needs salt rubbed in their wounds, and their nose rubbed in it. We should pull together to encourage people - not bring them down. No matter who they are. One day it might be you or some one you love who is getting foreclosed upon. Will you scan and copy the info then?

Let me remind you that you paid for the ad itself as a taxpayer. Brad was left money by his grandfather; what happened to it! He is a public servant! As a deputy he works for the county and as a deputy his boss is the country treasurer! Think about that!

Brad was at Stillwell the night the young lady was assaulted. Have you heard any explanation from him or the sheriff about who it was that was with him that night and did the "rubdown" He doesn't seem to have much sympathy for Darla or he would have reported the dirtbag himself!!!!

Norman, your take no prisoners attitude once you get a bug up your but reminds me of a scripture.

"live by the sword, die by the sword."

Norman,
How do you know what Brad's grandfather left him? Do you have absolute proof that he left him money?

Tell that to the young lady!!!!

What difference does it make what -if any money his grandad left him? What did you do with the money your mom left you when she died?

Norman you are being unfair. How can you do so much good for the Beaver creek community and the kids in it- and then turn around and kick so many when they are down on their luck? Are you going to make it a practice to scan and copy everyone's foreclosure notices or just people you don't like? Brad may be a public official - but he has a wife and kid that is not. His house nor the land is public land and his personal debts really isn't anyone's business. So what is your beef exactly? What are you trying to prove?
Are we all going to have to fear that if we get in financial trouble that not only will it be published in the paper for the county to see, but you will further humiliate by scanning and copying to gossip and put down? Do you really think that this is what God wants you doing in his service? Think about that for a little while. I am not trying to debate you or start an argument but you are wrong on this one buddy!

by the way - before you ask. No I am not a croonie, drug dealer, rat or a bad person. I am a female and have known Brad since grade school - he has never flirted, made a pass nor am I covering up for him. He is a decent guy trying to make a living. ( innocent until proven guilty)

I have known you Norman for a long time too. I see what good you have done in the community, and I know your heart- you have a big kind gentle heart. But for the life of me I don't understand how you in your position can publicly humiliate a person when they are down on their luck personally and financially. WHY?? Him loosing his house has absolutely nothing to do with the Darla situation. Could you explain to me why you are doing it? Please I really would like to know your thinking behind this.

How could anyone be taking up for the sorry sheriff's dept? Everyone thought when Jonese was elected things would be different- for the good they thought, but looking at it, it looks like a continuation of Alkire's tenure. Bet Jonese is a one termer. As far as Totten, as sorry as he is toward the public, there is an ole saying "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND" He deserves everything he is getting.Keep up the good work Norman. Don't let the blind discouurage you.

True - Karma is a butt head. But I still think he crossed the line between a personal and public matter. I would love to know his reasoning behind it like I said. But no one is perfect and Karma will come around to bite everyone. You see Karma is not picky she takes out all. You, me Norman, Brad- everyone that has done wrong and if you are truthful with yourself you have done wrong to someone, sometime the same as me. The difference was; it probably wasn't publicized by Norman to downgrade and draw attention to. Why some people feel that they must constantly belittle and downgrade people and have the kick them when their down attitude is just beyond me.

Did you ever watch the Little house on the prairie episode where they were going to foreclose on Charles Ingalls house? All the neighbors got together and stopped the outsiders from coming in and bidding. Instead they bid Charles' land buiding and animals for pennies on the dollar. Afterward they sold it back to Charles.
You know I used to think this town was a lot like Little house on the Prairie. I still do to a certain extent only instead of a Mrs. Oleson, we have a Stinkwell Tater!

Why do you think that the fine statesmen such was Walt Helmick who make the laws required the publication of foreclosures in a public paper??????

Well Mrs. Oleson (that's your new name now)To let the public know so that they might be able to bid on them of course. What you don't see in the ads are questions like "where did all the money go his granddad left him?" and other insignificant remakes like that. Mrs. Oleson- really you are fighting a loosing battle. You only put that on here to rub his nose in it and bring it to every ones attention to gossip. If you spent half your time trying to do good as much as you try to gossip PC would be a much better place.
I would bet my last dollar- which I don't have very many left due to the economy. That if something happened Our law enforcement would be there protecting you and everyone else. All that article tells me is that everyone is suffering a financial hardship due to the economy. It excludes no one. Maybe you are doing great financially ( you never did say what you done with your inheritance money from your mom) but most people are struggling daily to pay their bills and put food on the table. Plus if they have kids - CHRISTmas is just around the corner and they have that to worry about as well. So lets just say leave well enough alone and don't be mean and Grinchy- Mrs. Olseon. Tis the season of Thanksgiving not kicking and screaming.

I am going to bed now Mrs. Olsen. Have a good night and may the Lord bless you with sweet dreams.

What is being talked about is a man and his family losing their home, but some can't see past their own grievances to share a little compassion.

There are some cultures where the most important thing is to heal the situation, victims, family, perpetrator. This takes many forms, making someone who kills a father be responsible for supporting the child, banishment of the person for a time, what ever the elders think will do the most good for the community. Vengeance is not in the equation, unless it heals those involved,which it never does.

Instead we like to hear about what is happening to someone else so we can say "at least we're not as bad as them," or "see, they weren't so great, now they're less than us." In the mean time we strip a pension from a man who no doubt did wrong but for what purpose, to punish his family?

Norman talks a lot about our sheriffs trying to help their relatives. I agree favoritism is wrong, but do we want someone out there with pulling over our sometimes stupid children who doesn't try to help out his family. I for one want a sheriff who looks at what's going on and tries to heal our community. But as long as people like Norman are always talking about fair it will never be just,or right, or better, it'll only be fair. I guess if we can't get past our vengeful nature all we deserve is fair. A kid forgets and brings a pocket knife to school and gets expelled for just as long as a kid that brings one with mayhem in mind is as fair as it gets and we all know we like that.

Very well said Jefferson! Compassion can overcome a lot of adversities

The job of the Sheriff is not to "heal our community" or interpet the laws. The Sheriff's job is to enforce the laws.

Thank you, Tom! Notice they aren't saying anything bout Ben Wilfong and his counterfeiting. At least, we have the focus on someone besides Wilfong in the Sheriff's department so Wilfong is getting a break from public scrutiny!!!

yes tom is correct enforce not inore or interpid but inforce sorry to much vodka tonight.hi totten

I've known B Totten for a long time to, and if he has not hit on you, then I'm not sure what your problem is. He's hit on me many times, and I've repeatedly told him no. I think he likes the challenge, but my answer will always be no. As for his wife and kid, he has at least 2 kids. Check your dates as to when he started "seeing" his wife that was married at the time. I don't feel a bit sorry for her either. Once a cheater, always a cheater, and she knew cause they both were !

Did you know that it has been NINE MONTHS since the hit on Darla Piland on the Stillwell Road. No one has ever reported to her what the state "police" investigation found that night!!!

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!