Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Snowshoe axes 5

I hear that Snowshoe gave the ax to 5 more people today....

Re: Snowshoe axes 5

The problem is ED keeps forgetting to fire all his cousins that work at ss. He has to be the the most useless person on the hill.

I wonder why any position that gets cut is a long term employee usually top of the pay scale with full benefits and not in the "click" with EG. Wonder how EG managed to get someone in the new mt. manager position at Silvercreek. For years EG said that SS and SC were all one resort now they have created separation themselves. If SS and the Rock are looking to cut some fat then why not cut out EG's position??? Just think of the savings! The two mt. managers could report directly to the Rock. Here is a great idea for their next Longevity Dinner. Instead of everyone sitting around thinking "who's next" and hearing the story of how the employees are their most valuable asset, they could have a little contest of some type and offer an immunity token to the winner, kind of like a Snowshoe Survivor show.

They are doing it again. The fully benefitted long term employee is fired by Billy and ed again. These two are up to cutting around 40 positions in the last 4+ years. That is one of the many reasons the numbers and quality of guest service has suffered. It is always the long term employee that is fired while there hiring new and giving wage increases's to ed's family members. Mr ed, will will winnie be back on the payroll?

Billy, are you logged on to the tater this morning to see what people are saying about you.... I don't think your side kick ed is bright enough to figure out how to get on e tater......

Why you always have to be hating on EG? He is not the cause of the problems. Don't you think he has a target on his back as well? If you will remember back when before the 40+ employees were eliminated, who did it start with, I believe that would be Mr. Koontz and that was when Billy R. first came to the mountain. Mr. Koontz was one of EG's best friends. Now if it were up to EG, none of these people would have been released. So now why don't you pick on the person who is the real source of the problem? I think you need to get your facts straight before you go running your mouth. It is all about the "Corporate world bottom line"... And getting rid of those who actually care! The mountain has gone downhill for the past six years, thanks to all the corporate implants. The guest experience gets worse every time they do the cuts.

Been there, done that, and got the axe form EG. I know it's not all EG but he is the one who makes the decision on who to cut. Performance plays no part in his decision, it's all based on if your one of his kin or one of his suck ups. He gets told how much to cut and he looks at the wages and goes from there.

Sorry to hear about the latest cuts. I know what you guys are going through.

Billy and ed creating the BEST employee experience again and again... 40 times and more to happen.

ed is the most self centered selfish sponge person I have ever been around. I will be sure and ask Bob the next time I see him about the vapor......

Some how year after year, 35 and counting the vapor and his team have produce some of the most beautiful corduroy in the mid-atlantic, this is what keeps our guests coming back again and again, this is noting Billy R has done.

The mountain has gone down the last six years dupid......from you post above. Are you one of eds cousins? I feel for the last five ss THROWAWAYS, as mr. ed wood say. Two of them were from his division of mt. ops and were treated unfairly up on their termination. That is how he operates. Also you forgot that Danny Seme made all the calls for ed's first 20 years on the mountain.....The last 15 he has been carried by the hard workers who keep getting the shaft from him........

Dupid
Some how year after year, 35 and counting the vapor and his team have produce some of the most beautiful corduroy in the mid-atlantic, this is what keeps our guests coming back again and again, this is noting Billy R has done.

You can thank this to the experienced snowmakers and groomers that EG treats like crap all the time, he comes in and talks to them like they are dogs. If it wasnt for them he wouldnt have that big head he has. He should thank the lord above that they need their jobs.

Why are all the cuts the local folks and not any of the transplants that they bring in here making the big salaries

And why would they treat the free-labor (volunteers) so badly too? Read out on DCSki that many volunteers will not be returning. Less & less every year. No Courtesy Patrol(?). Well they got rid of Security (they can look, take notes, call 911, that’s all), so… Anyway, never understood why anyone would work FREE for a profit making corporation! Like working at WalMart or McDonalds for no salary. Fortress isn’t like volunteering for Church or Scouts.

Do we know who the 5 were? Having been there as 1 of the "previous 40" I'd like to offer some condolescences if any were former fiends.

Lilly Pad
Do we know who the 5 were? Having been there as 1 of the "previous 40" I'd like to offer some condolescences if any were former fiends.

None of the 5 have been any of the previous...their initals are

JS over transportation
BC in the warehouse
DM in HR
JM used to be in accounting
SH admin to lodging

The 5 were all good local hard working people. It is ashame that the managment team(HA,HA) has to do this to are local family's and commnitys. The GREED of Billy, ed, Randy, Ronnie and who ever else is totally uncalled for.....Fortress/intrawest are at the bottom for the long haul.

All of you Snowshoe haters need not worry. If the economy continues to decline, and there are no signs that it won't, Snowshoe will be just a memory in a few years. Like a lot of businesses, it probably won't survive the Obama presidency.

But liar billy keeps releaseing in the newspaper every spring that ss had another record breaking year. He must think everyone believes what he says, not all can trust some low life C.O.O.

Tom
All of you Snowshoe haters need not worry. If the economy continues to decline, and there are no signs that it won't, Snowshoe will be just a memory in a few years. Like a lot of businesses, it probably won't survive the Obama presidency.

Wouldnt that be a shame if overpaid Ed and his cousins had to find a real job....

from the mountain top?
But liar billy keeps releaseing in the newspaper every spring that ss had another record breaking year. He must think everyone believes what he says, not all can trust some low life C.O.O.

You are exactly right, it was a record breaking year, yet no one got their raises this year...except the choice few!

They treat the workers like crap and take their survivor's party away because they are losing $$ and yet every year they talk about how much $$ they are making.

Dupid, You said year after year Ed and his team have produced such fine skiing conditions! That remark tells me you have never been in Mt. Ops. EG's first years of making snow you could find him in the Connection. When he had a grooming machine out you could track him to the Connection. Any one who works in that dept. will tell you he has some of the dumbest ideas anyone could come up with. One thing about the cousins, you can't pick your kin, it's not their fault they are related to EG. They are (were) both experts in the snowmaking process. If EG would keep some of his "ideas" to himself and let these men who know what they are doing do their job and give them what they need to get the job done then you would really see some great skiing conditions. It was better when EG was the vapor, you only saw him when it was time to take credit for everyones hard work. Now he is afraid the Rock has his number and he tries to be more involved.

We LIKE TO HAVE FUN, we want you, says billy on the ss homepage. What a bunch of crap. Let me call you in as a full benefitted, long term local and create a employee experience you will never forget... YOUR FIRED...While you still have a bunch of positions to fill.

There is alot of truth said on this topic about the so called leaders at snowshoe. Ed, Bill and his transplants are running the cycle to cut as many long term, year round staff as they can. Beware longevity staff your days are few, unless you are RELATED to one of them or Ed's lunch buddy......

For an alternate opinion of what is going on at Snowshoe you might want to check out Snowshoe Locals. I have a feeling you are going to get a real education into how things work up there on that site.

I am anxious to see their "Scum Alerts"

Snowshoe Mountain Locals

snowshoe has been going down hill for years. I been working on the mountain for 5 years now, and i remember years ago how there was so many ppl on the mountain;you couldnt get around to anything. Now there is hardly anybody on the mountain. Im not going back to work until the 18th of december, that is sad. We used to go back couple weeks before thanksgiving. This all has to do with the ecnomy of course, but also how bill rock treats his employees.. Firing those 5 local ppl, that is wrong. Whats going to happen to snowshow? I really think its going to shut down here soon, sooner then what ppl thinks. Bill Rock and his crew are so cruel to employees up there, no wonder ppl dont have their game faces on. we will probably hear that they dont need us and we will be the next ones out.. watch and see.. snowshoe is going to be a memory other than a resort.

Wouldnt that be a shame if overpaid Ed and his cousins had to find a real job....

You keep talking about the “Cousins” Well, I would just like to know which “Cousins” you are talking about, did you know there are only “2 left” and they have “Real Jobs”! One is a hard working experienced Snowmaker/Groomer and we can thank him and his great experienced team for the beautiful corduroy year after year. The other is a hard working, under paid hourly employee that has more and more work to do because of the many undeserved cuts and the many experienced, knowledgeable, ex-employees that had the good sense and ability to get out while the getting was good. Now, all that are left are the dupid, know-nothing transplants that are Billy R’s and Tracy S’s over paid and under worked “Bud’s”! YES, Just Wonder, why are all the cuts the local folks, including “Cousins”, and not any of the transplants that “they” bring in here making the “Big Salaries”?? It is not the management team it is the Senior Leadership Team (HA-HA). If they would just cut ½ of the Green going into Billy, Ed, Randy, Ronnie and Tracy’s wallets I am sure they would have been able to keep at least 2 of the last 5 axed that did not deserve what they got! If the SLT keeps going they will have to run the Mountain themselves, what a joke that would be”! I would like to know who the “Choice Few” are that got their raises this year, because God knows it was not the “Cousins”! And “YES” I am one of the “Cousins” just someone that has been “Part of this Hard Working Local Community for years!” To those of you that say “RELATED TO” why didn’t you “VOTE IN THE UNION” when the Aunt gave you the “CHANCE” many years ago! And by the way, the Longevity Committee, volunteer their time on top of all their other duties, to call Local Business’s to beg for the “giveaways”! Do you really think they want Billy R or Tracy S to speak; they definitely have not earned the “RIGHT”! OH but I regress; I must stop now before I write a book!

It would be a shame if the cousins had to leave the mt. especially if it was just because they were ED's kin. You know, kind of just to make an example. I have known all the "cousins" and other kin for a long time and they are all hard working experienced employees. Some are ashamed to be called Ed's kin. If EG would have to find another job that would make a lot of people's day! To be honest I doubt he could find another job, too many people off the mountain know how he is. Not many jobs out there that the requirements are to disappear when the work starts and reappear just in time to take the credit for a job well done. Example: Ed got the "atta boy" for the flying squirrel studies and putting out the nesting boxes and other environmental studies when all the work was done by his sec., the snowmaking crew and the ex-engineer who had to attend all the government meetings cause EG didn't have a clue.

Snowshoe as a whole is not a bad place to work. There are many, many great hard working people there. A few druggies that for some reason get to hang on when others are getting the axe. That brings me to another question, whats up with the new drug testing? I heard the mt. ops guys were told they would be retested in January. That's nice, give them a few months to "study" for the test. I guess management wanted to let them party through the holidays and have time to clean out for the test. One of the guys ask why they didn't just do random testing and was told they couldn't in WV. (ha-ha) Here is the catch, if you do have a random drug testing policy then EVERYONE'S name goes in the hat. The way it is now just be ready for the pre-employment test, pass that and smoke a joint or snort a pill on the way home.

I am looking for a job and I think I am Ed's cousin. Do you think he will give me a job?

Give him a call. It may take a day or so for him to axe another long term employee to make room for you.

Billy R not going to be very happy Monday morning when he reads what the DUPID cousin wrote on the tator......

Well thinks to a few bad eggs in the past few years now the hard working snowmakers cant operate snowmobiles with out helmets witch we have few of or drive company trucks. we cant get around on the Mnt to do our work hell the trucks are in such bad shape we cant go by some hotels because they say its bad for business. As for the helmet thing we are on and off sleds 100's of times in a shift we cant where our ear muffs(no not the fuzzy one's) so they say use ear plugs then you cant hear our radio's that is a key part to do the job. but ED will figure it all out haha

p.s. NO SNOW NO SNOWSHOE NO JOB'S

Way to go Billy for giving the old welcome center for the local library. That is a good idea after just firing five local workers....Every year when you fire a few loyal locals you come back with a big community perk to get your picture in the paper. Good move....

these firings represent a unique opportunity for the individuals to come forward and expose more of the corruption, coverups, and drug dealing that permeates from the inside of the snowshoe fortress empire.

SnowShoe is a place of beauty and renown,but it needs a labor union. Although unions were nearly destroyed in the Republican heyday,they need to be a reality where workers who make the place what it is have protection against heartless capitalists.Snowshoe involves itself in the community in some ways which are laudable:they ,however, do not make up for it's cavalier treatment of employees, especially the long term ones.

Billy does yearly fall firings of the long term benefitted employee every year. This is his one goal that he has implemented every fall. The public safety workers are in his vision next...beware all

Snowshoe is going under and I know it for a fact!! It is the truth that no one was given raises last year.

One thing about the union at the Shoe. In most of the axed jobs the union would of not helped these employees. Most of them were in management positions and would of not been protected (represented) by the union.

One cousin got a pay increase, one cousin didn't. The other one got a demotion(hide from gm) over to silver creek and ended up quitting because of unfair cousin treatment from cousin ed.

Rocky bill
One cousin got a pay increase, one cousin didn't. The other one got a demotion(hide from gm) over to silver creek and ended up quitting because of unfair cousin treatment from cousin ed.

I hear the female cousin resigned Monday becuase she was going to have to earn her pay and work for the people that she has tried to cut their throats for the past couple years...Karma!

what about uncle fester?

Don't forget about cousin IT... no that is cousin ED

How many people do you know that actually retired from Snowshoe? I'm talking about someone that has been there for at least 20 to 25 years, not some old timer that started work there when they were 62.

doesnt wva have a labor board ? what a shame they treat folks like that.

wv is a 'right to work' state. dont matter what the employer does, your fanny is gone as long as you cant prove age or other discrimination.

Guest, I know of none.... Billy doesn't have to purchase the useless paperweights, snowshoe bunny prints, clocks or watches for the longevity employee. What a savings he has impleminted for intrawest and the investors, because they sure need it.

The opening is here Billy. Do you get the honors of dropping the rope. Do you think you side kick ed has everything ready. I am sure if something is wrong he will fire someone for the mistake. Stand by your man billy....

one of those 5 should have been fired yurs. ago. He's been in several depts. on the mtn. I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has.

The one was ask to resign last year by the gm. He did the logical thing by at least getting a severance package from the resort.

If you're sure that they're going down because no one has had raises last year, perhaps I should fear for my own job. No one at my organization got raises last year either, actually come to think of it lots of companies didn't give raises last year. That's not cause for a sky is falling comment like this. If SS is gone, so are most of the jobs and economic engine that keeps things in the county going, I'd hate to see that happen.

1 2
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!