toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Legitimate Telework - More Jobs for Pocahontas County if More People Work Together for a Solution

People ask me all the time for legitimate work at home solutions. I have none, as of yet. A door could open if we all work together.

From "Work at Home" subcategory: http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/contentView.do?contentType=GSA_OVERVIEW&contentId=9780

"Work at Home"

Telework policies and new technology have created opportunities for workers and employers to benefit from alternative work locations. Our environment benefits from fewer cars on highways and lower fuel emissions; employees reduce commuting time and balance work and home life better, and agencies reduce absenteeism, enhance productivity and increase employee morale.

Electronic tools help make telework a routine and transparent part of doing a job, whether employees work at home or at another alternative workplace. Regardless of the work location, ergonomic considerations are important for health and comfort. The Computer Electronic Accommodations Program (CAP) provides information on ergonomics and addresses the importance of ergonomics for teleworkers.

I know, because I researched and sent my information in to Spruce Knob Seneca Rocks Telephone, Inc. & Circleville High School Preservation, Inc. in April, 2009. This initiative was being started by them, combined with Workforce WV. They were trying to research so that they could establish a Telework Center. The Telework Initiative was targeting employers that were paying $10-$12/hr., plus benefits. Representatives from WV Congress, Senate and House of Delegates were invited to attend their meeting. It was to be held April 3 & 4, 2009. You were to call (304) 567-3300 Spruce Knob Seneca Rocks Telephone, Inc. and leave your number where you could be reached or visit www.spruceknob.net.

What I have found on the internet, is that there is a Telework Center in Kearneysville, WV. http://www.biztech.bz/ This information came from the Washington Metropolitan Telework Centers http://www.wmtc.org/

Now, how do we get one here?

Re: Legitimate Telework - More Jobs for Pocahontas County if More People Work Together for a Solutio

Forgot to mention that Telework is where you work at home on your own computer or go into the Telework Center, or both. The Telework Center would have all kinds of office equipment right there. Working at home, you would use what they call "remote access." Just easier than saying tech talk, of "You're logged into an IP (Internet Protocol) address. You would have to have a minimum of DSL, even better if you had T1 speed through the Telework Center. That's where the phone company gets involved. You are logged into the Telework Center.

Internet Connection Speeds:
Dial-Up: slow
DSL: faster
Cable: pretty much non-existent here
T1: real fast (Durbin Library has it.)

Telework could branch out all over and people could get away from closed-in cubicle lifestyles. You set up one bedroom in your home, and wha-lah, you have a home office. Computer records would be your time clock. It would be nice!

Just because we're rural, we could have it! My philosophy is people here can learn and already know alot more about technology than city people realize. Anyone can learn if people just teach them using common sense. Anyone who wants a paycheck, can learn. We could have a fair income for a change and benefits.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!