Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
LIVE County Commission meeting 11/3

Hi folks,

I'm going to attempt to stream tomorrow's (11/3) county commission meeting LIVE via Ustream.tv. In testing, it's been rather finicky, crashing some, etc. So don't hold your breath, but do tune in tomorrow at 8:30am and see if it works.

You can view it at our website:

http://www.PocahontasCountyCommission.com/

or directly at the Ustream channel:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pocahontascommission

I'm trying Ustream.tv for live broadcasts because YouTube doesn't do "live" streaming. But I still plan to use YouTube to archive meeting videos.

Okay, let's hope it works. Thanks and take care.

DF
http://www.DavidMarchFleming.com/

Re: LIVE County Commission meeting 11/3

You made it happen!

I'm a member of the Sharp Family of Slatyfork who read in the Pocahontas Times back in July 2003 that some government body chose to put a sewer plant on our property. They didn't contact our family. I read The Pocahontas Times, cover to cover, just as my grandfather, L.D. Sharp did. Thank the good Lord for The Pocahontas Times!
Transparency in governmental decisions leads to every citizen having an opportunity to agree or disagree and have their say( especially on election day.)
With the LIVE Pocahontas County Commission meetings, each and every person fortunate enough to learn and hear through electronic access may form their own judgements as to how well our elected officials are representing their personal interests. No secret meeting in any backroom office of government that may very well pull a surprise on an innocent landholder.
Our county pays some thousands of dollars to entities supposedly looking out for Pocahontas County's economic development. What have they given us?
Pocahontas County has representatives on these bureaucratic strongholds. I've yet to read any minutes of those meetings and how they might affect the welfare of our Pocahontas County.
Long time ago, there was a man, Jay Otto, who must have done his duty as a Pocahontas County member of some kind of development group. This man reported his news in The Pocahontas Times. His reporting and the business section of transfer of deeds gave me comfort for he knew what was happening on the inside of government planning and reported to our fine county newspaper and I could see for myself what lands were being transfered for whatever reason.
The Pocahontas Times is now giving our young people the spotlight. Lovely! I enjoy every picture and word. They are our future! So, when our commissioner,Martin Saffer, forever expounds on the need for further education based right here on our soil in Pocahontas County. He's laying the groundwork through his elected position to make that happen. I, personally think that with all the wealth of scientific minds employed at the observatory in Greenbank and the basic needs of a company such as Beckwith Lumber Co. Surely, a college can be established here to educate our young people and give them the basics to lead a fruitful life here in our county. Someone needs to clean the windshields of those big deep dish antenae, someone has to keep the engines of lumber transport safe. Someone has to keep the golf courses of Snowshoe in shape.The opportunties are endless. When was the last time you had to call an electrician or plumber. Those educational opportunites are waiting to be addressed with a Technical College and Arts & Science for our young people. Then with basics learned here they can very well go on to higher learning institutions and perhaps bring their wealth of information right back home to Pocahontas County. The living is good here.
The air pure and the waters (so far) pristine.
Transparancy in Government! Our commissioners are now beholden to the general public as to their decisions. We can see for ourselves. No biasis in editorial remarks in The Pocahontas Times. We read.with confidence in their opinions and their opinions are taken seriously. Democracy in Action...when we can see and hear first hand what our commissioners are taking seriously. They represent each and every one of us.... No secrets....so far..

Hi all,

Well, we had 18 viewers tune in to our first attempt at a live broadcast. We had some glitches, but managed to get a good portion of the meeting out there.

Archival video of the 11/3 meeting is now available at our YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/pocahontascommission

Several people have commented - here and elsewhere - that they really liked this new video stuff. One problem I'm trying to improve is the low resolution video quality. I'm not sure I can improve the live quality, due to upload bandwidth limitations. But I think I can improve the archival quality, so I'll be working on that so more.

Thanks, and take care.

DF

David, I am extremely happy with you! For months I have been hit or miss in taping the meetings coming only when things are the hottest. Well, you have helped us all by making those meetings accessible. Now the next step is to record the Board of Education meetings. This will be a most informing situation. Can you help us with that. Etater would be pleased to present streaming video of the board meetings.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!