toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
humane society

after reading the article which said the dogs have to lay in the mud i have this to say: I thought it was common sense to put the dog houses up on skids to keep them out of the mud.

Re: humane society

They do not lay in mud. The dog houses have bottoms and the pens are continually cleaned and filled with cedar chips and straw as well. So Granny B Sandy does have common sense. I can not believe that Geoff would write something like that and misconstrue that into something it is not.

If the county is going to run a shelter there is going to have to be a limit on the time to find homes for some of these animals. Sadly some of them will have to be euthanized.

Euthanized doesn't mean gassing them 2 by 2 with vehicle exhaust in a 55 gal. drum, DOES IT, SANDY!?!

You're disgusting to make up such infantile lies. First off, Sandy doesn't Etater, so she's not going to read your lies. She also doesn't degrade herself by having nothing better to do than sit on the computer and try to stir up trouble for people the way you do, tractor lady.
Secondly, she doesn't do euthanasia herself, so there IS NO GAS CHAMBER, moron. She takes animals to the vet when they have to be put to sleep, which isn't often, and only animals that are terminally ill or not adoptable- such as VICIOUS animals.
It's too bad VICIOUS people can't be taken to the vet and put down. You'd be the first one in a crate on a one way trip to the gas chamber...

She did have a gas chamber but it has not worked for a very long time.

Yes, she did. PETA in Virginia Beach, Va. asked me to either witness and/or video tape the process so they could prosecute the county. This was quite a few years ago. I could not do it because I would have never got it out of my mind. I have an emotional heart for animals.

I'm neither viscious nor a liar.

I have never heard of Sandy "gassing" animals. Is there any proof of this. If not then please do not speak about her like that. I have only talked to Sandy a couple of times, but she seems to love animals with all her heart. Vicious rumors like this are far worse than any vicious dog that I have ever encountered. Your comments should be removed unless you have proof to back up these ridiculous accusations. I am not one of Sandy's close friends, merely a bystander with an opinion. If I were you I would feel ashamed of myself right now for saying anything like this.

peta
Yes, she did. PETA in Virginia Beach, Va. asked me to either witness and/or video tape the process so they could prosecute the county. This was quite a few years ago. I could not do it because I would have never got it out of my mind. I have an emotional heart for animals.

I'm neither viscious nor a liar.

Funny thing you should say that PETA from VA Beach wanted you to "either WITNESS" OR video tape the process. Well since you are so certain it happened then I assumed you claimed to have ALREADY witnessed the so-called "process". So not only are you a liar, you are a certified trouble maker as well.

Sandy has never had a set up that you refer to so stop trying to libel her. She gave up gassing, the LEGAL way, many years ago and has not used it for years because it made her literally sick. Don't act like gassing is easy, because until you clean up after it, puke, and all that you have no idea what you are talking about. That is why all animals that are euthanized go elsewhere to be euthanized by injection.

How amazing it is that some people have nothing better to do than to start up lies about things they have no idea as to what they are talking about.

yada yada
I have never heard of Sandy "gassing" animals. Is there any proof of this. quote]

yada yada, Sandy did used to have to gas, but she had the proper equipment to do so. She has not gassed animals for many years now. Back then she had no choice, but today she does and she refuses to gas and doesn't even believe in a gas chamber. Thank you for understanding that she does have a great love for animals, because that is a fact. I've never known anyone quite like her, as dedicated as she is to saving the lives of animals.

I didn't know that she did this, legal or not it makes me very sad to think of those poor animals gasping for air and only getting fumes of gas. Oh my that is giving me chills and very bad pictures in my head. I can just imagine poor Sandy's reactions when she had to do something like that. I am very glad that she no longer has to put animals or herself through that experience any more.

Does any one know where to drop off donated food and straw for her? I would like to try to help her some way.

And Sandy, or Jaime....I never got an e-mail back about the doggy fence, but you will be happy to know that when my little Boston Terrier that I rescued was well enough and brave enough to go around the hunting dogs she was just fine. To my amazement she also has a new best friend, the overgrown baby that is technically named a pit bull. HE loves her and they have since become best friends, playing together and even sharing his food bowl. I could not believe my eyes when she walked up to him while he was on the porch at my sister's house I just knew my little girl was a goner, but he sniffed her and ever since then, they even have sleep overs! lol That is truly amazing because he can be very jealous over any other dog.

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who realized "peta's" claims were contradictory. The person obviously trapped themselves in their own web of lies.
Not to mention that PETA headquarters are in Norfolk, VA and NOT Virginia Beach. I lived in the Virginia Beach area for over 18 years, and everyone in that area knew that PETA is located in Downtown Norfolk on Front Street in Waterside Festival District, and HAS BEEN located there for over 15 years. Sandy has only been the Animal Control Officer for 13 years, so no PETA personnel were even IN Virginia Beach at any time she has been in office.
The Virginia Beach Bureau of Animal Control is on Leroy Drive, and the SPCA is on Holland Road in Virginia Beach. Hey "peta," you wanna change your story and cliam it was one of those two agencies that supposedly called you?

How many of those who bad mouth Sandy and her work have ever donated a sack of dog or cat food, or maybe a bail of hay for the horses??? The Poc Humane Soc is Vastly underfunded and needs all the help it can get.
Just another case of people bi***ing and not willing to lift a finger to help!

Peta IS in Norfolk. My mistake. It has been many years ago.

I can understand why you have interest in defending Sandy instead of addressing the despicable action.

I was a founding member of the Humane Society when none of you gave a rat's a$$ about the pet problems in this county. I left because no one had the brass to stand up against the gassing.

Sandy requested the County Commission for the gasoline money to do it. Why don't you ask Sandy? Speak to those who saw it for themselves.

It's a simple thing to confirm.

I just read the article and it doesn't say anything about the dogs having to lay in the mud.

It says the kennels are muddy and that's true.

So... why are you a liar?

i dont know how allthis turned into a verbal war about killing the dogs. all i said was it seemed like common sense to put the dog houses up on skids to keep them out of the mud. I do donate dog food to the humane society, and if i could, i would take them all in. but i already have two and i keep them inside the house.

granny b
i dont know how allthis turned into a verbal war about killing the dogs. all i said was it seemed like common sense to put the dog houses up on skids to keep them out of the mud. I do donate dog food to the humane society, and if i could, i would take them all in. but i already have two and i keep them inside the house.

to peta: You say you were a founding member of the humane society and you left the humane society because no one had the brass to stand up to Sandy over the gassing. WHY would you have left the humane society for that reason? Please elaborate a bit more on that decision because several of us are confused as to why the gassing had anything to do with the humane society and your quitting.

You also claim that she asked the county commission to supply her with GASOLINE MONEY to gas the animals. Please go find your proof. They take minutes and keep them always and with your allegations, we expect to see such proof. You say it is very simple to prove, then lets see you do it.

Until you show your proof, (which you never will because you are a liar), you are spreading false information. Since you are so certain of this, then please print your name, as I am sure that Sandy would like to sue you for your libel. If there is proof, then you should have absolutely nothing to worry about.

BUT PLEASE DO EXPLAIN WHY THE GASSING HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU AND THE HUMANE SOCIETY IN THE FIRST PLACE. THAT IS MOST OF ALL, THE IMPORTANT ISSUE AT HAND NOW AND OF COURSE YOUR PROOF THAT SANDY ASKED FOR GASOLINE MONEY TO GAS THE DOGS.

peta won't answer your questions, Mower, because they are lying. Did you notice that the person posting as "peta" hasn't commented on this thread since they were informed that PETA headquarters wasn't in Virginia Beach?
peta is nothing more than someone with a personal grudge against Ms. Mallow and is inventing scenarios and lies. Ms. Mallow DOES NOT gas animals, she takes them to the Vet if they have to be put down, and it is done in a humane and caring manner by a Vet.
peta is clearly a person with mental issues as well as being a compulsive liar. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad...

people know that was along time ago. at one time we all shot stray cats and in private they still do. face the music you all were busy doin somethin else when they were gettin gassed. it is a dead issue an glad you all finally got civilised cause you woodnt be complaning so **** much. you didnt care before an Sandy is a good person

I don't NEED any "interest" in defending Sandy Mallow, and there are NO "despicable" actions for her, or anyone else for that matter to "defend." She has NEVER gassed animals using a steel drum hooked up to the exhaust pipe of a vehicle. That is some huge fabrication you are making up in your ignorant, small minded mind.
Sandy doesn't gas animals. She did, however, use isoflurane and sevoflurane (which are gasses) when she first became the ACO. She was certified by a Vet before she euthanized animals, and you have to be certified in order to obtain the chemicals that make the gas. She may have asked the County Commission for the funds to purchase the euthanasia gas, but she NEVER asked for GASOLINE MONEY to use her vehicle for putting animals down.
Sandy was so repulsed by euthanasia that she refused to do it any longer. That is also one of the reasons she started a non-profit shelter...so she can ADOPT animals out instead of having them euthanized. What few animals she takes in that aren't adoptable or terminally ill, She takes to the Vet, and the euthanasia is done by the Vet's office. The Vet does NOT use gas either.
You claim that YOU cared about animals before anyone else in this County did. I personally think you're full of crap because if you cared at all about animals, instead of badmouthing Sandy Mallow, you'd be doing your best to help her and the animals she maintains in her facility until they are adopted.
You went and told on yourself, peta, because I now know who you are by the statements you made. You were KICKED OUT of the Humane Society, and it had nothing to do with having big balls. You were a pain in the a$$es of the other members, and that's why you were run out on a rail.
You are a bitter, nasty person. I suppose you feel better about your own shortcomings when you beat up on someone else's efforts. But don't claim you care about the animals in this County when all you do is sit at the computer doing NOTHING about the abuse and neglect of animals in this County, but are bent on trying to stir up trouble for those people who ARE making an effort.
You should be ashamed of yourself, but since I know you aren't, I'll be ashamed for you. How about that?

Alright! That's telling 'em.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!