This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
3 year olds drawing

Do 3 year olds typically draw well?

Re: 3 year olds drawing

my 3 year old just scribbles, but can draws o's and x's

The reason I am asking is because I have been around a lot of kids that age, perhaps who didn't like to draw, but my child can draw very legible things. Cats, coyotes, rainbows, Santa Clause with the hat and all, and can spell her middle name by drawing it. I wasn't sure if other children her age did the same or if she may be ahead in that particular category. Thank you for your response.

I think it is great that your child is drawing keep her into it! my girl can draw well too. I think it is a great tool for them to express themselves.

That is really great. My kids have been drawing for about 10 years now. I always encourage them and they are really good. Their dad is also a great artist, but I can't draw a straight line. Tell your child how great the drawings are and even if you can't make out what it is supposed to be, somehow get her to tell you then act like you knew it the whole time. Who knows you may have a little Picasso!!

My granddaughter just turned 2yrs old and she can say all of her ABC. and is good at it. she goes around singing them all the time. Her parents work with her all the time. she is a little angel

My wife is a kindergarten teacher and we place great store in a child's ability to draw--the more detailed, the more mature. Our two grandchildren are encouraged to paint, draw, and play music.

You had better work with them before they had that pressure cooker atmosphere in public school.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!