toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Marlinton schools sick kids

My kids came home from school this evening saying that a bunch of children from MES MMS and PCHS were very sick and had to be sent home from flu like symptoms. Class sizes are way down and kids were being sent home all day. Now my kids are not wanting to go to school - afraid of catching it. The kids and schools are taking all precautions and I am not starting this as a bashing thread against the schools or kids but my kids seemed very concerned and worried about attending classes. Anyone else?

Re: Marlinton schools sick kids

Today, over 250 children in the Pocahontas County school system reported off or were sent home with flu-like symptoms. Whether this is the Swine flu (we've all been brainwashed to say H1N1 so as to not offend/hurt the pig farmers) or another strain is yet to be determined. Any parent who wants to take the risk of sending their kids to school until this expanding epidemic is controlled, please raise your hands now. My hand, for one, is not up. 250 kids is for a county like Pocahontas an epidemic.

i am concerned also. M y kid was not sick but i picked him up early this morning.
because of all the other kids that are sick. now i set and wonder do i send him to school tomorrow.

my daughter got sick friday with the flu not the swine flu .she is home till thursday istill do not want to send her back then .Ido not want a back set

Do you think the schools will shut down? One of my children said they haven't been doing anything (testing wise) because of all the absent children.

personally i think that they should shut schools down untill this virus is undercontrol.

I AGREE

My child has been diagnosed with H1N1. Sure many others have as well.

i think we all should just stay home

where does your child go to school,the one that had it!

no where yet to young

I have 2 children that were diagnosed with H1N1 and attend Grren Bank. I also have a cousin who was diagnosed in PCHS. And a friend whose son was diagnosed also attending GBEMS. According to what the dr told me 98% of all flu cases in the county are H1N1 they just aren't sending the tests off to get confirmed they are just going by the symptoms and diagnosing themselves. They have diagnosed 30+ cases in the clinic alone.

I don't think they should be ASSUMING that these cases are the swine flu..I really bet most are not..probably just the "regular" flu or cold..it is making people more scared..This thing has been taken way too far..

If you do keep your kids home from school for preventive measures, please do just that, and keep them home. Letting them run around in the neighborhood, and/or local hangouts and stores with other kids, etc., will just be conterproductive to what you are trying to do, which is keep them away from potential carriers. And, in the event that they may have already contracted the virus and don't have full blown symptoms yet, they could be passing it on to others they are in contact with. This is one reason the schools have not yet been closed.

My daughter said yesterday that she overheard school staff discussing all of the absences and that at least one third of student body must be out sick before school can be closed. I think that # is probobly close allready.On Monday my son in MMS said that 67 students were out sick.I think that with this situation (enough allready). Close them down for a week or two.

With all this said would'nt you think they would cancel the children on the streets for Halloween???

Please Stop trying to create panic...According to the Board Of Health there have been no confirmed cases of Swine flu in the county. The test has to be sent out to the one lab in the state that can test for it and chances are those of us at the health department will know before the infected person has been informed and the testing will not be back for 7 days or more. Poeple like you are creating terrible panic in the community. Most of the kids out of the school have tested positive for Influenza Type A---seasonal flu.

There IS swine flu in our county. My young grandson got very sick in the middle of the night. My daughter ended up taking him to the emergency room because of it. They did test him and it WAS absolutly the swine flu, not the regular flu. I am telling this because I think it needs to be told to the public that it IS here. My family and I are worried sick about him.

And many health professionals have been breifed on the testing for swine flu...Your grandchildren or child may have tested positive for Inluenza Type A but not H1N1. The test has to be sent out. There is no lab around here to test for it. Sorry Try again. Sorry your kids have seasonal flu.

I agree they are creating panic when there is no need. We are testing for seasonal flu which has hit very early this year but the h1n1 must be sent out and it takes an average of 2 weeks to receive these test back. But I also think they need to shut Greenbrier and Pocahontas County schools down for at least 1 week.

I think people are forgetting just how serious the regular flu can be. In any event, type A or H1N1, there are alot of sick kids, in and out of school, and precautions should be taken regardless of which type. Whether it be shut the schools down for a week or opt to keep your kids home, everyone should be diligent about preventive measures. I don't think this is creating a panic.

I want to know what the Green Bank Elementary School is doing about all the kids getting sick there.They need to watch the news and see how many kids are dying from this.I think they need to do more and let the parents know if any kids that go there have the swine flu.It seems like they are trying to keep it a secret.

It is not the clinics or the hospitals generating panic. It's the CDC. They have instructed All flu type A results are now considered swine, people are told it is swine. Making a panic.

The clinics and hospitals are just doing what they are told. H1N1 has to be sent off and takes around a week for the results. If you or your child is diagnosed the same day. It could or could not be swine flu. But the actual tests from the WVDH has had no actual H1N1 test result from our county. So more than likely it is seasonal which we all have had.

Thank your government for the wonderful situation.

Exactly how has anyones post on here caused anyone else to panic? Just because people are discussing this on here gives you no right to insinuate that they are adding to the problem. Its called free speech and whether you are comfortable or not with it, please dont call for anyone with questions or concerns to cease.That is what E tater is ( a site that allows people to express their opinions propaganda and even ask others for theirs.

Maybe someone should go to the board of education and talk to DR. Law about cancelling schools because of this virus..anyone else agree?

I AGREE

rem 2012

Please explain: just how can the school kids be getting sick at school if the PARENTS keep the SICK kids HOME ?!? What kinda parent would send their SICK kid to school?

Reply to 'From a health professional who would know"
The "professionals" are sending the tests off which they may not or may really be doing. Then it can take up to 2 weeks to get the results back.
At this point the child could have already died because they were "waiting on results."
By the time you do get the results then it's to late, how many others have been infected!
Would you tell the public or would it be another Pocahontas County cover up?
BTW you said "us" so we can confirm that you in fact work at the Health Department? R U still sending your children to school with no fear? Or are they "special" and have already had their vaccines against H1N1?

I feel for these children, We had that flu for over two weeks, closed the offices down, it is not pleasant for an adult, can't imagine what these poor children feel like, also I have a question, if a parent or someone says there child has the H1 thing who are you to tell them they don't , they just didn't pull it out of mid air, even if it is the flu , it is still a problem, Take care of your children and we send prayers to all of you.

I would like to inform you that my other grandson is now very sick. My family will treat this as serious. I guess the only way for anyone to admit it is the swine flu is if someone dies here because of it. So no thanks to the so called "professional" that responded to my message. Our kids right here in our own county are dropping likes flies. Call it what you will. But I will not wait for the "professionals" to disclaim what is right under all our noses.

Swine Flu Cases: CBS reports CDC deception on swine flu cases
October 28, 1:53 PMUS Intelligence ExaminerFred Burks
Previous
2 comments Print Email RSS Subscribe
Subscribe

Get alerts when there is a new article from the US Intelligence Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use.
Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com
Terms of Use
CDC swine flu cases exaggerated
CDC swine flu cases exaggerated (AP/Lynne Sladky)

Number of swine flu cases reported by CDC exaggerated.

President Obama has declared a national emergency for the swine flu, noting a "rapid increase in illness." A recent CNN article covering this critical topic goes on to quote CDC director Dr. Thomas Frieden, "since the H1N1 flu pandemic began in April, millions of people in the United States have been infected, at least 20,000 have been hospitalized and more than 1,000 have died."

Yet excellent investigative reporting by CBS News shows that the number of swine flu cases is being significantly exaggerated. The lead paragraph of this CBS article states, "If you've been diagnosed 'probable' or 'presumed' 2009 H1N1 or swine flu in recent months, you may be surprised to know this: odds are you didn’t have H1N1 flu. In fact, you probably didn’t have the flu at all. That's according to state-by-state test results obtained in a three-month-long CBS News investigation."

The CBS report goes on to point out that the CDC strangely advised states to stop testing and to stop counting the number of swine flu cases last July. The CDC website explains that states are no longer differentiating between the regular flu and the swine flu, reporting instead all influenza and pneumonia-related hospitalizations and deaths in one count.

This alone could lead to a great exaggeration of reported swine flu cases, particularly as the CDC website states that every year in the U.S. on average 5 to 20% of the population gets the seasonal flu. This means between 15 and 60 million people come down with some version of the flu every year. Complications from the seasonal flu are claimed to kill about 36,000 people (100 per day on average) and more than 200,000 are hospitalized annually.

Why would the CDC decide to stop counting swine flu cases? The CBS website states, "The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was: why waste resources testing for H1N1 flu when the government has already confirmed there's an epidemic?"

The CDC website gives several puzzling reasons, including "there are too many cases of flu to test and confirm." Yet with millions of cases of cancer and heart disease every year, states have never been told to stop testing for these. If the swine flu is as dangerous and deadly as alleged, we would expect more testing and not a halt.

The CBS article elaborates, "Some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS News that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains."

CBS reporters asked CDC to provide materials from states on lab-confirmed swine flu cases before the count stopped in July. CDC not only was initially unwilling to provide the information, they obstructed the investigation (see CBS News clip below). CBS then submitted a freedom of information request to HHS (Department of Health and Human Services) for this same information, but again received no response for two months.

So the intrepid CBS team requested the information directly from all 50 states. On receiving these statistics, CBS reporters were astounded to find that for cases labeled probable or presumed swine flu, further testing showed that "the vast majority of cases were negative for H1N1 as well as seasonal flu, despite the fact that many states were specifically testing patients deemed to be most likely to have H1N1 flu, based on symptoms and risk factors, such as travel to Mexico."

Many states found that only 1 - 2% of "probable" or "presumed" swine flu cases in fact were swine flu. It may be that because of all the hype and fear being spread by the media and government, people's heightened anxiety and fear of having the dreaded swine flu caused them to go to their doctor for a simple fever, headache, or runny nose, thus leading to a very large number of false assessments.

The numbers of swine flu cases thus appear to have been greatly exaggerated even before July. And as the CDC ordered states to stop counting in July, we have no way to make an accurate count now. Thus the numbers being used by the media and fed to people like President Obama have no reliable value and can be even further inflated, leading to even more fear and false claims of swine flu.

Consider also that with the CDC's claim of 100 deaths per day due to the regular flu, even if the figure of 1,000 deaths in the past six months due to swine flu were true, it is far less than death toll of even one month of the seasonal flu.

One claim used to promote fear is that the flu season is just starting. The public will be in great danger when the season soon kicks into full gear. Yet the flu season in the southern hemisphere, which has seasons opposite to the north, is now over, and the swine flu did not wreak havoc as predicted.

A September Reuters News article states, "The U.S. government said an analysis of the epidemics in Australia, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, and Uruguay showed that while H1N1 dominated the flu seasons there, it was only moderately severe. The pandemic did stress healthcare systems, but not for long."

Why would the CDC exaggerate the risk of this disease? According to the CDC website, "The federal government has purchased a total of 250 million doses of 2009 H1N1 vaccine." Remember that the U.S. population is about 300 million. The CDC has spent billions of our tax dollars to purchase these vaccines and obviously wants nearly everyone to get vaccinated. The drug companies have raked in billions of dollars in profits from this vaccine, even if a large portion of the vaccines is never used.

The government has also granted immunity from lawsuits to vaccine producers, so that those injured or killed by the vaccine may have no recourse for settlement. Maybe they learned from their mistakes with the 1976 swine flu scare, in which over 40 million Americans were vaccinated after government and media joined to pump fear out to the nation.

Only one person was confirmed dead from the actual swine flu in 1976, yet hundreds filed death claims and thousands filed claims for paralysis from the swine flu vaccine. The vaccine caused Guillain-Barre Syndrome, an acknowledged risk factor with the current vaccine. Don't miss the powerful CBS 60 Minutes video clip at this link showing blatant corruption and fear mongering in the 1976 swine flu scare.

Numerous top MDs and health professionals have publicly stated that our health care system and even our politicians have been seriously corrupted by the vast wealth of the pharmaceutical industry. The major media, which receives billions of dollars in advertising money from drug companies, has barely reported on this.

Read what Dr. Marcia Angell, former editor-in-chief of the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine, has to say about drug company greed and influence at this link. Here's just one quote from her powerful writing:

"The pharmaceutical industry has moved very far from its original high purpose of discovering and producing useful new drugs. Now primarily a marketing machine to sell drugs of dubious benefit, this industry uses its wealth and power to co-opt every institution that might stand in its way, including the US Congress, the FDA, academic medical centers, and the medical profession itself."

And here's a quote from an article by Dr. George Lundberg, the former editor-in-chief of the highly respected Journal of the American Medical Association:

"Efforts to control American medical costs date from at least 1932. With few exceptions, they have failed. The lure of economic incentives to provide unnecessary or unproven care ... drives many physicians to make the lucrative choice. Hospitals and especially academic medical centers are also motivated to profit from many expensive procedures. Eliminating ... waste could save $750 billion annually with no harm to patient outcomes."

The powerful pharmaceutical lobby has played a key role in causing U.S. health costs to be 50% higher than that of most other developed nations, yet as this MSNBC article states, "The United States is the only developed nation that does not have a comprehensive national health care plan, leaving about 50 million people without health insurance."

Now the drug companies are using their power and influence to get politicians and the media behind the lucrative, yet questionable swine flu vaccine. For lots more reliable information on strange manipulations involving the swine flu vaccine, click here. And see the box below for ideas on what you can do to further educate yourself and spread the word about the swine flu deception.

I have looked up the swine flu on many different Internet sites as well as news articles and health papers. I have also asked doctors, the swine flu is just another strain of flu, although it does last longer than regular seasonal flu it is not a virus that will kill you in itself. The fatalities are linked to ones that have a weakened immune system, usually those with lung problems, cancers and other factors. Yes, I agree that the schools should be shut down until the kids start feeling better, but the whole widespread fears are causing panic and should be stopped. The regular seasonal flu has been a problem forever, and yes people with it have also died, but just like swine flu, there are other factors that have caused the deaths. If you or your family has any flu symptoms then please stay home, get plenty of rest and fluids. That is the best cure for any flu. Also if you do have to go out in public wear a mask for the protection of others. Disinfecting your home and vehicle will help prevent others and from recurrences in the same home.

yada yada
Also if you do have to go out in public wear a mask for the protection of others. Disinfecting your home and vehicle will help prevent others and from recurrences in the same home.
wear a surgical mask and gloves out in the public to protect yourself. people will go out of there way to avoid you.

I haven't been feeling well does that mean I have swine flu?

Reply to 'From a health professional who would know"
The "professionals" are sending the tests off which they may not or may really be doing. Then it can take up to 2 weeks to get the results back.
At this point the child could have already died because they were "waiting on results."
By the time you do get the results then it's to late, how many others have been infected!
Would you tell the public or would it be another Pocahontas County cover up?
BTW you said "us" so we can confirm that you in fact work at the Health Department? R U still sending your children to school with no fear? Or are they "special" and have already had their vaccines against H1N1?

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!