toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update on Sheriff's Department

Our reporter has checked in with news that Deputy Cole is being "recertified" because he was stripped of his police certification in Kentucky after pleading his felony charge down to a misdemeanor.

The "recert" is a short cram course so that the sheriff can claim that his deputy is a "certified" WV officer. It does not mean that he has gone to the WV police academy for full-scale training. Think of it as a "cram" course. I am so glad he is not a doctor or an airline piolot!

Our reports indicate that Cole is not allowed to be a police officer in the state of Kentucky. I guess we have lower standards in WV! Maybe he will take the time to get his license changed to WV!

Isn't it nice that Col Jonese has such faith in his officers? I don't think Bob Alkire would have done this!

P.S. If you Marlinton folks thought your police officer was on duty in town last night, you might be fooled. We hear that he was investigating a break in at the Snowshoe Ski Barn.

Re: Update on Sheriff's Department

"We hear that he was investigating a break in at the Snowshoe Ski Barn."

Isn't that what the SS Security Dept. is for... oh...I forgot! I think now it they catch a robberey/breakin in progress - all they can do is give a very dirty look! Man, SS Visitors this year have no idea how dangerous it'll be there. If some drunks start a fight with your kids - who'ya gonna call?

Re: Update on Sheriff's Department

GHOSTBUSTERS

Who You Gonna Call?

Re: Who You Gonna Call?

I think that the sheriff is crazy if he thinks that he has enough officers to handle not only the many problems that are going on around our county but also the craziness that occurs at Snowshoe in the winter. Snowshoe Security has always been a big help in dealing with the things that go on up on that mountain. Now what are they supposed to do, sit back and wait the normal 2+ hours that it takes to get an officer from one end of the county to another? Then you have to factor in the slick roads in the winter as well. I think that he is making a huge mistake and it is all in the reasoning of money. Is the cash really worth it if someone were to get hurt or worse by someone that is fueled up on alcohol and drugs. What if the victim (God forbid) is a small child. When these people come on this mountain for vacation, most of them think that rules no longer exist. At least when security was allowed to carry weapons, they could protect themselves as well as the guests and workers. Does the sheriff not think that some of these people that come on the mountain are not armed. I remember when the bank robber was out doing her thing that yes she did have a gun. How long do you think it would have took the Sheriff to respond? She got away from security and it happened right beside their office. There has always been an officer on the mountain to assist the security, now they are definitely going to need more than one, so what is going to happen when a crime is going on in Marlinton or Durbin. Do the locals not matter when ski season is in? Please sheriff think about this a little more, the almighty dollar is not as important as someone's life!

I think the sheriff has everyone fooled he makes it look like Snowshoe just decided to take SS Securities weapons away but the fact is that it was his Idea and SS corperate went along with it. But he is trying to make it look like ss security refused to take off mounatin calls anymore such as the Ski Barn which if they were still allowed they probebly could have caught that robbery but the sheriff told them they could not handle criminal calls anymore just to call them. Which is his way of driving up the number of calls to get more man power and im not saying he doesnt need more man power in the county but he is going about it the wrong way and seems to be hiring the wrong people. the security on the mountain and county sheriffs dept had always worked together very well in the past.... So how does the old saying go if its not broke dont fix it. I feel for the employees and guest on the mountain who rely on those guys so much cause now there on there own.

Has anyone noticed what a good job the Sheriff is doing? I have and I'm glad he is in office. You people can't stand change - of any kind - give the man a chance to carry out his ideas. I feel safer because I know I can depend on him. He is at least trying to improve the system.

What bout Darla Pilands sexualy assault complaint?

What about Ben Wilfong?

What about Deputy Cole?

MINOR DETAILS STINKWELL

Do you think anything will be done? .......CASES CLOSED

The Cole case was in 2005, move on.
As for Darla, time to move past that one too. Cops have been getting away with crap like that in this county forever, it is NOT going to change.

Start picketing the county court house, start picketing when the tourists drive by 219/39. make some signs.

In today's Inter-Mountain there's and article listed about a seven yr. old cold case. It's of a woman who disappeared seven years ago. Her car was found in Webster County back then, but she was never found.

you all know if a new sheriff was elected and told to get rid of all the existing trash on the force we might get someplace

Sideshowbob, I have a question, and it doesn't pertain too this thread. Didn't you use to post under the name Bobby. The only reason I'm asking is, a short time before your last posting under that name. You stated that you were to be married. And that you would be going to Aruba for your honeymoon. I hope your plans unfolded as planned. And I hope life's treating you well!

hi snowflake we ended up spliting up she moved back to her home in orlando and as i understand has returned to russia ,there was a lot of age differance between us she didnt approve of my work life .and yes it was me i use the name sideshow bob now mainly because i few people whos names i wont mention gave me the nick nick name because of some of the events that took place in my life and home while i was living there aperently i gave people something to talk about because of my lifestyle.which of course i have changed here in the land of sunshine and orange trees and now live a very boring life .you seem to know me and the addmin knows me but i dont know who he or she is .or you .

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!