Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What Would Rocky Say About Mountain Removal in Pocahontas?--Bluefield Telegraph

Mountaintop mining devastates land
Bluefield Daily Telegraph

Would Sen. Jay Rockefeller allow “mountaintop removal” near his home and property in Pocahontas County? Of course not. Would he allow the water from the mining ruin the water in the streams and his drinking water become unfit for use? I think not.

Would he allow explosives to be used that would destroy the foundation of his home? He would be furious and bring lawsuits if that happened.

How would he feel if the earth removal cut off all the access to his family’s cemetery that had been there for three generations.

What would he think if he had served in the military through two wars and all he wanted to do was return home and live in his parents’ home only to be forced to leave it by the destruction caused by the mining, receiving no compensation, nothing. If our senator had been a soldier, would he have thought it was the way he should have been treated? I wonder. Does the senator know that there are more explosives to blow up our mountains than any other state in the union? Would that give him food for thought?

It takes a billion years for our mountains to be formed. Trees, foliage and fauna are lost that cannot be found in any other place in our country.

The mine owners, the politicians and the workers — all know that what they’re doing is wrong but they will get their “thirty pieces of silver.”

Land and mountains that should be part of our national forest, but when you fly over it looks like land desolate as the moon. Looking down in it, it breaks your heart and your tears will not go away.

Again, will Sen. Rockefeller allow mountaintop removal in Pocahontas county? You know the answer.

Ms. Nancy Jones

Kimball

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!