toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Report Problems Thread.

This is the new report problems thread. Please post forum problems here or email e-tater@hotmail.com.

Re: New Report Problems Thread.

Cannot See Images

Good Morning Admin and Merry Christmas!

First of all, I apologize for my forgetfulness! I had previously asked you this question and I meant to save it in a folder...but, I forgot to do it.

If you would be so kind as to explain to me again I would deeply appreciate it. I cannot see the images on the posts. They just have a little green box in the upper left hand corner.

The answer you gave me before worked great, but as I said...I forget to save it.

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Keep up the good work you are doing in etater!

Have a beautiful and blessed Christmas!

Sincerely,

Debbie

Re: New Report Problems Thread.

Are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer? If IE, what version?

For firefox, at the top, click on Tools -> Options -> Content, and make sure that the box beside "Load images automatically is checked. If it is checked, click on Exceptions and see if anything is being blocked, ie Photobucket.com or TinyPic.com etc.
Also check to make sure that the boxes beside Enable Javascript and Enable Java is also checked.

For Internet Explorer, try this;
for Internet Explorer (I have IE7, others should be similar) click on Tools -> Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab.
Scroll down to Multimedia, and make sure the boxes beside Enable Automatic Image Resizing, Show Pictures and Smart Image Dithering are checked.
If you change anything, you need to restart IE for the changes to take effect.
If that didn't work, read on;
This is the advice from Microsoft.
Read more here; Microsoft Support

Quote: Microsoft

Method 1: See whether pictures are available on another Web site
Sometimes the link to a picture on a Web site is broken, and that is why a picture is not being displayed. Visit another Web site to determine whether pictures are being displayed correctly on it. If they are being displayed correctly, then there is nothing wrong with Internet Explorer. Instead, the Web site that you are visiting might be broken.

If you can view pictures on another Web site, you are finished. If you do not see any pictures or if you cannot determine whether the Web site that you are visiting is broken, try clearing your temporary Internet files by using method 2.

Note If you use Internet Explorer 8, try Compatibility View. To do this, start Internet Explorer 8, click Compatibility View Settings on the Tools menu, and then add the Web site that you want to view by using Compatibility View.

Method 2: Clear temporary Internet files
Clearing your temporary Internet files creates more space on your hard disk. If your hard disk is close to being full, this could affect your ability to view pictures on a Web site.

To clear temporary Internet files, follow these steps:

Internet Explorer 8

1. Start Internet Explorer 8.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. On the General tab, click Delete under Browsing History.
4. In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click to clear all of the check boxes except for the Temporary Internet Files check box, and then click Delete.
5. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Internet Explorer 7

1. Start Internet Explorer 7.
2. On the Tools menu, click Delete Browsing History.
3. In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click Delete Files.
4. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Internet Explorer 6 and earlier versions

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet files.
3. Click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
4. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Check whether you can now see pictures. If you still cannot see pictures, try method 3.
Method 3: Verify that the Show Pictures option has not been turned off
If the Show Pictures option in Internet Explorer is turned off, you cannot see pictures. To determine whether the Show Pictures option is turned off, follow these steps:

2. Click the Advanced tab, and then verify that the Show Pictures check box is selected under Multimedia.
3. Click OK.

Determine whether you can now see pictures. If you still cannot see pictures, try method 4.
Method 4: Enable scripting, ActiveX controls, cookies, and Java programs
Enable scripting, ActiveX controls, cookies, and Java programs to make sure that your computer is set up to enable Web pages to run the way that they were designed to.

To do this, follow these steps:

2. Click the Security tab, and then click Default Level (if it is available) for the zone that contains the Web page (for example, the Internet zone).
3. If you are using Internet Explorer 6, click the Privacy tab, and then click Default (if it is available).

Check whether you can now see pictures. If you still cannot see pictures, you must do some advanced troubleshooting. If you are not comfortable with advanced troubleshooting, you might want to check the "Next Steps" section for some other resources that you can use for help.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!