Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Crown Jewel of Pocahontas County

Re: The Crown Jewel of Pocahontas County

Not all of these pictures are of the Boy Scout camp,sorry to tell you that you were trespassing.

Nope!

What the heck are you talking about Mountain man. Which of these weren't on the camp? I don't see any that weren't taken from the camp. mostly from the main field or mess hall.

As always Norman never done any research the cabin at the upper end of the scout camp is private property and as never been a part of the boy scout camp. So yes Norman you were trespassing. And charges will be filed.

Yes, a scout camp, certainly the most impressive display that Pokie has to offer. Nothing draws the tourist money like a few cheap pavilions and some fields. Way more interesting then NRAO, Cass, the Highland Scenic Highway, Snowshoe, Falls of Hill Creek, Cranberry Glades, or any of the other countless local destinations.

Norman, did you get a brain scan after your stroke? If so, were there any results, or just a blank image?

Maybe I can get up there and get a picture of the no trespassing sign! Where is it? I assume you want me to leave that pic up so that you will have proof!!!

Do you need directions to where I live? I live on Beaver Ck four miles from Huntersville! Tell the police you sent them!!!!!! Also please send me your address so that I can have my paperwork served on your for false arrest. Do you own any property? I would be happy to own a cabin like that!!!

Folks, this is what we professional photographers have to put up with when we try to save a camp from being sold. There is always some idiot out there who thinks that we have some type of "inner sense" when we are taking pictures. And as Uncle Willy would be wont to say, "No harm, no foul."

xyz is talking out of their smartest end Norman. Don't let 'em rile you up. Everyone knows that it's just all talk.

Thank you Inner Layer. I am sorry that I don't have time to get back up to the scout camp today and get some more pictures of that cabin. Sometimes our energy doesn't match our potential. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. It is this type of idiocy that gets me excited! But I have too much to do to act on this.

How in the world can you go on private property with out the owners permission and do anything, thats why there are trespassing laws. You step over the line that why you said no harn no foul you shouldn't have been there.

How's those trespassing charges going xyz? Anything to report yet or are they still pending?

You work in the court house you tell me.

First of all, you have to know that it is private land!! 76 percent of Pocahontas County is public land! Secondly, you have to no that the owner doesn't want you to be on his/her land! The law requires Posted signs. That's why I asked you where the signs were. Thirdly, if you know the lay of the land as I do you would know that the same road across the Scout Camp crosses on into the so called "private" property with out demarcation. These are simple little things that professional photographers learn early in their career.

Trespassing is a crime of intent which means that you can't accidentally trespass. The land owner is obligated to provide sufficient signage to alert professional photographers that they are on private property.

You need to check with a lawyer on this matter. We have one who thinks he is a lawyer on the Tater staff. Or you might check with the prosecuting attorney.

Here's the law: (4) "Posted land" is that land upon which reasonably maintained signs are placed not more than five hundred feet apart along and at each corner of the boundaries of the land, upon which signs there appears prominently in letters of not less than two inches in height the words "no trespassing" and in addition thereto the name of the owner, lessee or occupant of the land. The signs shall be placed along the boundary line of posted land in a manner and in a position as to be clearly noticeable from outside of the boundary line.

LMAO!!! Sorry xyz but..... you're wrong. I indeed do not work at the courthouse! Nice try though. Wanna give it another go? Three strikes and you're out. Keep that in mind.

He's on the ropes, Inner Layer! In a battle of wits, it is unfair to fight an unarmed person. You could be engaging in verbal conflict with a moron. Be nice!

A side note: The sheriff saw me taking pics of his rockpile a few days ago. I didn't see him anywhere.

But were you on his land when you took them.

In the "right-of-way" That's a very important point!!!!! I have a telephoto lens with a right angle viewfinder!!!

Normy do you know who owns that land? And whether the owner has said anything about this pics? I do believe there is a trespassing sign on a tree on the way in. I can take a picture of it. This is going to go back and forth. Some will say he was trespassing others will say he wasn't but I know where private property on that land starts and I know where it ends so Norman............You were trespassing. If you don't think so. the one pic you took of the cabin from around the turn. That is private property. Didn't you ask the director where the property lines were?? Shouldn't you have went to the court house and looked up the deeds like a NORMAL EDUCATED person would of? I'll take it that you didn't ask. Can't argue with the truth can you Norman?

How in the heck did we get on Norman, arresting, and trespassing?

Unlike many of Norman's posts this one has merit, his purpose was to save the BSC for Pocahontas.

There are a lot of pressing issues for Poca. Jumping on Norman is a waste of energy. There are a lot of intelligent people in Poac.. Use your energies to make the Co. better.

Never doubt Norman's intelligence, it is just that he goes off on a tangent a little more often then the rest of us.
Also Norman, most of use need the reader's digest version od your post.

Please Do!

And Shiner thanks for the uplift! I do just want to save the camp.

But I am starting to get some bad vibes about this matter as if there is someone local who wants to see the camp sold! My crap detector has redlined a time or two during this discussion. Maybe somebody has a "vested" interest in seeing the 2,000 acres sold!!!

I was trespassing i admit it!!

Norman before you take one of your storming fits shoulded you talk to the owner and find out what he realy think about it.So far every one else is talking but I have never heard a word from who owns it. Norman do you know and are they local.

It really doesn't make much difference. I was conducting a photo graphic shoot and ashamed that the house in question was a "director' lodge of some sort and connected to the camp. I never really thought that anyone would mind me taking a picture of it. It is a pretty cabin.

Furthermore, if you know the layout of the camp you will know that there is a road that leads through the camp and "continues" on past the house in question. There is no demarcation to indicate that it is not a part of the Scout Camp. In fact, the camp, has a chain (which was down) and is effectively blocking access to the cabin.

No, I don't generally do background research on ownership of property. I assume that if someone doesn't want you on their property that they will have a sign to that effect. (This is not to say that when I enter a piece of property that I will see the sign unless it is well sited.

Are you the person trying to buy this place if it goes on the auction block?

The pictures of the Boy Scout Camp are nice, as well as the pictures of the cabin. However, that certian cabin is not owned by the BS. There are trees that have been marked as well as a fence that shows the property line between the BSC and this private property. That "road" you spoke of is not the right of way for the boy scouts or anyone else. It is private property as well. I don't want to see the boy scout camp closed anymore than anyone else here in our county does. So just check your resources more closely in the future.

It looks to me like he would take the pictures of that cabin off his tread since it is about the scout camp and I think everyone one knows the cabin is not part of the scout camp.

"Everybody"? I didn't!

BIG DEAL it is a pictuer of a nice little cabin.

Are you tring to hide some sort of illegal activy there and afraid it will show up in the picture?

So maybe I need to go up there are get another pic!!

Stinkwell did it look like anything was happen when you were taking pictures? Around here it is hard to tell who you will find doing who & who knows what.

CHIL PEOPLE JUST A JOKE
I already hear people getting upset

Norman why did u delete some of the replies on this subject? Did someone prove you wrong and you got affended and deleted them or did something else happen? Norman I have come to relize on here that anything someone writes about you and it's true, or they have a good point that you don't like you delete their posts. Whats this all about????

To Investigative tator

investigator tator
Norman why did u delete some of the replies on this subject? Did someone prove you wrong and you got affended and deleted them or did something else happen? Norman I have come to relize on here that anything someone writes about you and it's true, or they have a good point that you don't like you delete their posts. Whats this all about????

I'll tell you what it is about. Norman didn't delete the posts I did. Using the forum to make remarks towards someone, then answer the remarks continuously back to back under other names to make it look like others are answering and supporting your slanderous remarks about others is called trolling. I am glad that you can still check the posts under other persons computers "hmmm" or which other names you prefer to use to bash Norman. The fact is Trolling is Trolling and I don't allow it, no matter who the troller is trying to bash. Not only did you get your computer banned, you just now got your friends computer banned. Have a nice day and look forward to seeing which computer you decide to get banned next time. By the way, I'll save you a trip, I've already banned the libraries again for the same crap.

hey norman, finding the owner of the little cabin and interviewing them to get their feelings on the situation might just make a nice sidebar story . it may even open an important tid bit to what is going on up there noone knows about.then again maybe it wont ammount to a hill of beans,just thinking is all buddy. as far as the trespassing thing norman you are 100% correct. i dont know why anyone would even bring this up . how many times do you think some scouts horribly and illegally trespassed on that property(sarcassm). maybe you should check the jail house norman to see how many scouts are doing hard labor for trespassing there,lol.

Re: To Investigative tator

Thank you Moderator for all you do, in keeping E-Tater clean from all the trolling. Have a nice day.

If he kept it that clean he would take off the pictures of that cabin sence he knows it's not part of the scout camp.

xyz
If he kept it that clean he would take off the pictures of that cabin sence he knows it's not part of the scout camp.
To xyz, please don't be mad at me for asking, but why are you making such and issue about that particular cabin? Do you know something? That the rest of us don't? Well! If you do, do you feel like sharing it with us? So what if it isn't a part of the scout camp.

it is a nice little cabin......but i still think he was trespassing thats all i'm probably goin to say about this..

My crap detector keeps firing! What is going on? Is there some reason I should return to the site to see if I missed something that is going on?

SUPERGLIDE
hey norman, finding the owner of the little cabin and interviewing them to get their feelings on the situation might just make a nice sidebar story . it may even open an important tid bit to what is going on up there noone knows about.then again maybe it wont ammount to a hill of beans,just thinking is all buddy. as far as the trespassing thing norman you are 100% correct. i dont know why anyone would even bring this up . how many times do you think some scouts horribly and illegally trespassed on that property(sarcassm). maybe you should check the jail house norman to see how many scouts are doing hard labor for trespassing there,lol.

I think you have a point! My curiosity is running wild. Mountainman and XYZ are unusually bothered by those pictures!

Your crap detecter means you have got to go pottie. Did you ever contact the owner or are you just running your mouth. I know the owner and there has been no contact made, by the way Normie what distrist is that cabin in? I know do you.!!!!

It is a question of which the answer has no relevance to me and/or in no way stimulates my curiousity.

Nornam,I dont know you and I dont want to know you.This is my second post and the last.All I did is tell you that you had trespassed and you and your many personalites turned it into another one of your CRAP meets..Now go to the court house and ask Doland Irvine who pays the taxes on the cabin and keep me the H out of it..I only posted it to save you some grief.

I think you have a point! My curiosity is running wild. Mountainman and XYZ are unusually bothered by those pictures!

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!