toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is Deputy Wilfong coming back to work?

Call it intuition, second guessing, esp whatever but I had this awful feeling yesterday that the sheriff is going to turn Deputy Wilfong back on us again. I have no empirical data, just a nagging suspicion that this is going to happen.

Why?

Well it has been a few months since Wilfong committed his five felonies. I don't know how long you can leave a person administrative leave even if you are not paying them! Our reports are that Sheriff Jonese is looking at this from a community perspective angle---that's high faluting language for looking at when the best time is to slip him back on the force without all those people who have scanners being aware. (That's a hard job in Pocahontas County)

We know that Jonese is embarrassed by this incident so he has to give the matter enough time to die down in the public eye. Then too he may have to wait a certain amount of time for the grand jury season to pass so that there is no chance that he will be indicted as soon as he gets back on duty. I think maybe three grand jury sessions have to pass to eliminate the risk of indictment.

Once that is passed he will be home free and won't have to be worried about being indicted on those crimes. Then he can continue on arresting people for misdemeanors and felonies.

Then there is the question of that "wire" that he has been supposed to be wearing when he asked for his old job back from Jonese. We don't know what Jonese might have said which he wouldn't want the public to know about. (Notice Jonese has had nothing to say about the matter)

So we are waiting!

Re: Is Deputy Wilfong coming back to work?

Is Wilfong coming back? Hmmm...... my gut says no. Jonese and Price knows there would be a lynch mob coming to their doors with pitch forks and torches. Plus, I got a little piece of information that says differently also. Will call you tonight!

Re: Is Deputy Wilfong coming back to work?

I smell litigation!

This whole mess smells. Jonese tries to protect Ben and Ben turns around and sues him. Then wires himself up and comes back to ask for his job. Donna runs from the mess by turning the matter over to Patrick Via who does nothing. Now she has been recused by the judge and can't do anything about the mess. Checkmate!!!!

I do wish that someone would get off the pot and take some action! Etater.com was the first to bring this matter to the public's attention and it would be nice to see this thing resolved in some manner.

You have heard of the sheriff in Mayberry who had no gun but even he had a deputy who had one bullet. Someone needs to help the sheriff grow a set of gonads.

Now here's a problem no one has thought about!

Etater.com has been railing about the crappy Civil Service Board we have. They don't know their head from a hole in the ground. They have little or no policy to back up any disciplinary procedure. The sheriff's office will be in a pickle if Ben looks at the rule book regarding how you discipline an officer. Sadly, you are going to see that what we said about the Civil Service Board is going to be right on.

There is a lawsuit waiting for a time to happen. You are going to find out what kind of "toons" you have on your Civil Service Board. I would be glad to expound on these problems but I don't guess anyone is interested!

I say pitch the Civil Service Board out on its nose!

Re: Now here's a problem no one has thought about!

you stated that the sheriff needed to grow something.let me ask you were you ever in the military ?if so did you ever have someone trying to kill you 24/7? if you have not said yes to both questions then you do not have a right to make that statement.also as you gloat so much about the fact that you are smarter than anybody in Pocahontas/Greenbrier/Randolph/etc maybe you should read up on what a county sheriff in WV can do and cannot do.just cause you think it should be done your way does not make it law

David is the sheriff, a former Marine Col. Where is his courage! Make the arrest! Get it over with! People are getting discouraged with him dallying around! Do it! Do it now! A sheriff is supposed to arrest felons!

it has been told to you time and time again that the sheriff did the right thing by turning the complaint over to another agency.(research this)any police dept that has a complaint aganist that dept staff member
will almost always go to a outside agency to investigate the complaint.so please find someone else to complain about.good thing everybody on here loves you somewhere outside of Pocahontas Co you might not get by with your comments have a good day

Well, then why won't this "hero" make the arrest?

because he is not doing his job. he will not get my vote because of it. i think if ben gets back on the force and trys to pull me over i would just keep on driving. in my book he is a crook not a cop.

The sheriff is tasked with enforcing the law whether the law breaker is friend or foe.

My opinion is still out David, maybe he is dealing with facts that not public knowledge yet.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!