Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lost Cemetery Found--Tenn Lady Donates New Stones for Civil War Dead

Re: Lost Cemetery Found--Tenn Lady Donates New Stones for Civil War Dead

I know where there is a man from the Civil burried. He is in a family cemetery with just flat rocks as markers. They know the name that has been passed down and which side he was on. Should he have a stone as well?

Yes, but someone will have to ante up the money!

THERE IS NO MONEY NEEDED AS LONG AS YOU CAN PROVE THAT THE DECEASED IS A VETERAN. LIKE A COPY OF HIS DISCHARGE PAPERS. THE GOVERMENT PROVIDES HEADSTONES TO ALL HONORABLE DISCHARGED VETERANS. I WILL HELP ANYONE WHO NEEDS HELP, JUST ASK!!!!!

Norman where is this at exactly? I'm taking it, by your sign it is in Huntersville somewhere?

Turn on the little road beside the Huntersville Store and go to the top of the hill; it will be right at the top on your right. Look for a set of steps. Follow path and you will see it. I figure there will be signs at Huntersville Days. I think there is going to be a memorial service.

Norman, how was the cemetery found?

Old timers up there reported it after the dedication of the Bradshaw cemetery the other year. Until the stones were put it there were nothing but depressions in the ground.

Now I will give you another tip: The most beautiful cemetery in Huntersville is actually the cemetery up the road behind the Huntersville store. It is worth the trip. I have pictures on line and have been up there several times.

They have the prettiest monument in the county. It is a sculpture of the trunk of large tree with a scrool haning on it and the anchor of a ship. I have a picture of it in another place.

That is an AWESOME Cemetary Norman!

Norman how do they know the names of these soldiers with just impressions in the ground? I think it is wonderful that they have been found I just wondered how they knew who was there for certain. Thank you.

It takes years of research,reading,knowledge.Haint that rihgt MJ.

That's Right!!!!

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!