toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is the crime of obstruction of justice being committed by the sheriff and the prosecutor?

The crime of obstruction of justice includes crimes committed by judges, prosecutors, attorneys general, and elected officials in general. It is misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance in the conduct of the office. Most commonly it is prosecuted as a crime for perjury by a non governmental official primarily because of prosecutorial discretion. Prosecutors and attorneys general however commit obstruction of justice when they fail to prosecute judges and other government officials for malfeasance, misfeasance or nonfeasance in office.--Wikipedia

--------------------------------------------

The Ben Wilfong matter continues to hang over the head of the sheriff and the prosecutor. We have reports that they both did not want Ben to be prosecuted for the five felonies he committed. AND HE HASN'T.

Ben was arrested but the sheriff had to be put in in his place by the arresting officers because he didn't want him put in cuffs.

Ben is kin to the sheriff's wife. Ben's mother works for 911. Is nepotism keeping the sheriff from prosecuting these crimes against the community.

Some folks will remember that we had the same process happening with Sheriff Alkire who wouldn't allow his son to be arrested for shooting in the town. He was finally arrested but only because the word got out in the community and such an uproar occurred that it couldn't be stopped.

But he still got off pretty much scot free. He got a pat on the hand and forbidden to have a weapon while on probation. He went on to become a city cop in Roncerverte.

Some folks will remember that I went before Judge Rowe twice to be allowed to seek an indictment against Alkire and Walton for obstruction of justice charges in the matter. Twice Judge Rowe turned me down.

I AM ASKING FOR SOME FOLKS TO SIGN ANOTHER LETTER WITH ME ASKING THAT SHERIFF JONESE AND PROSECUTOR DONNA MEADOWS PRICE BE PRESENTED TO THE NEXT GRAND JURY FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

Will you sign on with me?

to be continued.....

Re: Is the crime of obstruction of justice being committed by the sheriff and the prosecutor?

Notable examples

* President Bill Clinton was impeached by the United States House of Representatives in 1998 for obstruction of justice charges based on allegations Clinton lied about his relationship with Lewinsky in a sworn deposition in the Paula Jones lawsuit. This made Clinton only the second U.S. president to be impeached after Andrew Johnson. He was later acquitted by the Senate.

* President Richard Nixon was being investigated for obstruction of justice for his alleged role in the cover-up of the break-in at the Watergate hotel during his 1972 re-election campaign. Although it is widely believed that Nixon had no foreknowledge of his re-election committee's "dirty tricks" campaign against Democratic presidential candidates that led to the break-in, he was aware of it after the fact and paid money to keep the participants quiet.

* Former Vice-Presidential adviser I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice in March 2007 for his role in the investigation of a leak to reporters that named a CIA agent, Valerie Plame. His prison sentence was commuted by President George W. Bush in July 2007, just before Libby was about to serve a two and a half year prison sentence.

* Conrad Black was convicted of obstruction of justice in July 2007 for removing 13 boxes containing financial records from his office in Toronto after it had been sealed by a court order, returning the boxes a few days later. Black claimed he had taken the boxes because they contained personal items.

Also obstruction is a federal matter as well!

Obstruction of justice is the frustration of governmental purposes by violence, corruption, destruction of evidence, or deceit.1 It is a federal crime. In fact, federal obstruction of justice laws are legion...

My offer

I am offering to write a letter to Judge Pomponio, the chief judge of the circut, asking to go before the grand jury to present the question of obstruction of justice against the sheriff and the prosecutor. But I need to have the backing of some more people in this matter, people who aren't afraid to sign a letter of request. I'll do the talking but I need to know that there are folks behind me on this matter.

It is time for the people of this county to start insisting that justice be served by our local officials. I don't care if Ben Wilfong is kin to the sheriff's wife, I don't care if his mother works for the county; if he breaks the law, he should be charged!!!

Re: Is the crime of obstruction of justice being committed by the sheriff and the prosecutor?

Will this work? I believe so! I believe that we have an honest judge in Judge Pomponio. I believe that he will do what is right.

Is there any doubt in anybody's mind that Ben Wilfong committed five felonies? Not mine!

Furthermore, I have the rock solid proof that he did this. A special prosecutor was appointed to prosecute him, Patrick Via, but you haven't heard a word from him about this matter and one grand jury has just passed and I don't think he even showed up.

Judge Pomponio wants to be a good judge. I went before him on Sept 11 with my proof that Dr. Law and Alice Irvine misappropriated the golf money and he is allowing a special prosecutor to conduct an investigation. (Again the prosecuting attorney's insitute appointed Pat Via.)

But Judge Pomponio has done something very special for me, he has said that if Patrick Via doesn't choose to prosecute the case that I can make the presentation to the grand jury myself. I will be more than happy to do that.

I really don't expect Via to do anything; he didn't with Ben so why should he start now. So I am prepared to go before the grand jury and ask for an indictment of Dr. Law and Alice Irvine.

It is time for the people of this county to rise up and let it be known that justice is blind and that the big people are going to prosecuted along with the druggies.

I am tired of seeing pictures of law officers in the Pocahontas Times arresting the dopeheads who have themselves committed felonies when they, themselves, out to be in the prep walk too!

Assisting an offender to avoid trial!

Section 3 outlaws acting as an accessory after the fact, which occurs when “one knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or
assists the offender in order to hinder his or her apprehension, trial, or punishment.”

Source: http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34303.pdf

Ben's crimes were also federal crimes!

Here is the Federal Statute

18 U.S.C. 3 (“Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact. . .”).

18 U.S.C. 4 (“Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both”).

I. Whoever in any
a. declaration,
b. certificate,
c. verification, or
d. statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under Section 1746 of title 28, United States
Code, 391
II. willfully subscribes as true
III. any material matter
IV. which he does not believe to be true is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.392

“Wherever, under any law of the United States or under any rule, regulation, order, or requirement made pursuant to law, any matter is required or permitted to be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the sworn declaration, verification, certificate, statement, oath, or affidavit, in writing of the person making the same (other than a deposition, or an oath of office, or an oath required to be taken before a specified official other than a notary public), such matter may, with like force and effect, be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the unsworn declaration, certificate, verification, or statement, in writing of such person which is subscribed by him, as true under penalty of perjury, and dated...

Re: Here is the Federal Statute

CALL THE FEDS, YOU JERK!

Re: Here is the Federal Statute

Good luck Norman. Its an uphill battle your fighting, but justice has to start somewhere. These people need to come up with some answers or 'pay the piper'!

Don't give up, remember--
THE LONGEST JOURNEY STARTS WITH THE FIRST STEP!

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!