toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
We have the corporation papers for the Stone Company

Note: You will remember that we raised the issue as to how a "full-time" sheriff could have a "stone company" without violating the law requiring a sheriff to be "full-time." The answer: He can't do both! He has to either give up being sheriff or give up the stone company.

David claims that the stone company is in his wife's name. Well, look no further. He is listed as a manager/member of the LLC. Need I do further research to prove to you how the "/" in that title means that a manager/member is both.

Both he and his wife are managers. Both he and his wife are members. A member is a manager. A manager is a member.

From County Buildings

Re: We have the corporation papers for the Stone Company

It just shows he is a member of the LLC. It doesn't say he runs the company or even works there.

Norman:

This is the same thing you mentioned on your previous “SLAM” threads.

Again, I raise the question to you. When did it become a problem to own and operate your own business?

If this is a problem, then I pose the concern to you.
Are you devoting the proper amount of time to your congregation at the church you pastor?

Pick the battles worth fighting. This is nothing more than a method to discredit an individual who gives more time in one week than you give to your church and congregation in a year.

It became an issue one week after he was elected. Notice that he formed the company a few days before he was elected, close enough to count but not enough to be noticed! I think we have a "character" question arising.

The only "character" issue is that you appear to have none.

And, Your point?

It doesn’t matter if it is 3 days, 30 days, 300 days, or 3000 days. It is still prior to being elected. Furthermore, he has a wife and three children and the election was never a guaranty victory. I applaud an individual who works to take care of his and his family financial obligations instead of waiting on government assistance which seems to be the Pocahontas County Way of Life (Normal Income).

Try looking long term Norman and consider that this business could turn into a very profitable venture that could produce several new (needed) jobs for the county.

Good answer. At one time Norman was a Teacher, Preacher and County Comm.dah!Lets get real here on this subject.

Can I asked what type of businsess is the sheriff in. Some of us don't know about this. Explain please.

OH yeah, I forgot- Norman was a fine preacher, a good teacher, and a everything else he did was jsut fine. Go blow out your horn. The man is trying to help this county in his own way. What have done for the county.

Sells native stone.

Country girl.Why don't you learn to spell and write.Yes Norman was good at all 3 social standings,and still is with ETATER. That is not what I was ans. to. It is the fact that Norman had 3 things a going and no one said anything about this.Now the Sheriff is no good because he has a stone selling buisness. Where do you live to not know what the business is the Sheriff and his Wife have

Who cares about if the sheriff owns or runs the business. He is making revenue and who knows he might have to hire a few people in the county. That would be great to hire a few people when unemployment is high.

The question that has been raised is one of common sense: if you have a full tank you don't have room for any more in the tank, if you have a glass full of pop, you don't have room for anymore pop. So what's the different when the sheriff is drawing "full-time" pay but only giving part-time service. He should at least rebate the amount of money he makes while working for the stone business. This would save the county money.

If he is "full-time" he doesn't have anymore time for a stone business. Let's not also forget that he was once if not still in the diaper business.

How many hours are in a "full time" job?
Full time jobs I have had has been 40 hours per week.

The same as you hot shot. Sorry my computer keys stick sometimes. I see no problems with the sherrif running a business. The man does his job.

What part of "full-time" don't you understand?

Alderman, either you got a law broke or you dont. Get done withit and stop dredging the dung

It's definitely broken!

than fix it!

Either he resigns or gets rid of the company! At this point, it is up to David!

Stinkwell Tater
The question that has been raised is one of common sense: if you have a full tank you don't have room for any more in the tank, if you have a glass full of pop, you don't have room for anymore pop. So what's the different when the sheriff is drawing "full-time" pay but only giving part-time service. He should at least rebate the amount of money he makes while working for the stone business. This would save the county money.

If he is "full-time" he doesn't have anymore time for a stone business. Let's not also forget that he was once if not still in the diaper business.

Why don't you leave this man alone Alderman? Have you ever seen him working the stone business? Why can't he be a part of a business and do nothing in it? There are lots of people that draw money from a business yet never lift a finger to participate. Sort of like you when you used to teach. And probably the way you are on etater, I'd say your preaching is about the same. The only thing you do well now is to stick you nose into other's business where it doesn't belong. Now you're pretty good at that. How do you know Jonese doesn't have other business that you aren't aware of right now too? They don't bother his work as sheriff. It just bothers you because you have a beef with him because he doesn't bow down to your wishes.

Go jump off a bridge somewhere Alderman and do us all a favor!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know why it is a big deal about him owning a business and doing his job as sheriff also. His wife is probably runing the business and he is just a partner in it cause in a LLC it works as a partnership. So just leave the man alone and let him run the county and also the business.

You are just mad because you do not have a good business. I wish David the best. GOOD LUCK!!!

I didn't make the law; that is Walt Helmick. Walt must have had a reason for requiring the sheriff to be full-time or he would have changed it!

alderman someone asked what you thought full time was.you still have not answered .how many hrs a day did you give your employer ? it is not up to you to demand anything in this county .I have been around different co.s that the Sheriff had other business interest and no one complained because he/she did their job.untill you run for sheriff and try it . back off.alderman do you really have that much hate in you?I have read that you are a preacher/pastor (unreal)

Stinkwell Tater
What part of "full-time" don't you understand?

I think the state law for a full time job says 40 hours per week.
When you were a teacher were you full time if so how were you a preacher?
If you are a full time preacher how were you alowed to teach or now have etater?

I do know the law says anything over 40 hours has to be paid overtime or are you changing that?

then...Lets gets David as sheriff! he will fix what alkire messed up... now... Look what he is doing it is wrong, we'll shut him down. Norman let me ask you this... what are you doing for work now? Hopefully it isn't state paid disability or welfare hmmm. Leave the man alone and let him continue working. He currently has one child in college and another in a few years. This recession is hard on everyone and anywhere you can make money you have to do it. Unlike you who farts nickels and wipes himself with twentys. Now who are you Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde.

Stinkwell Tater
I didn't make the law; that is Walt Helmick. Walt must have had a reason for requiring the sheriff to be full-time or he would have changed it!

Why do you keep saying the sheriff isn't working full time Alderman? Have you been on the beat with him to prove he isn't out and about full-time? Where is your proof?

You don't have any at all, just your big mouth running. When your mouth runs, your brain shuts down. Wait a minute, that is most of the time. Now it all makes sense.

Leave Jonese alone and let him be OUR sheriff, just like you said when you campaigned for him back last fall. You said he was the sheriff this county needed. Let him be that sheriff. Let him storm the shores Alderman. Wasn't that one of your comments?

Well wasn't it????????????????

as bad as alderman thinks this county is, I cannot believe that he still lives here.I cannot believe a man of god(preacher)can have so much hate in him,if things dosent go his way he attacks with words that can hurt or ruin someones life,I cannot believe that he is preaching gods word and acts in the manner that he does.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!!!!!

Is there proof Alderman is a real cirtified preacher? What school and summenary did he attend?Did he graducate? Maybe someone should get to the bottom of these questions.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!