toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is the Sheriff's Office Doing Background Checks on New Hires?

Would like to know?

Re: Is the Sheriff's Office Doing Background Checks on New Hires?

Good question! It seems our sheriff hires some as soon as they get out of jail. Should these people have access to records and etc.? I don't think so!! What is he thinking?? He already knows something of their background, and it doesn't seem to matter.

Wouldn't it be easier to hire these deputies before they are released from jail? That way you would already have their picture on line and wouldn't have to take another picture of them! Plus you could have a cruiser at the jail to take them home!

A Public Opinio Poll

Should Deputies Be Hired...
Before they are released from jail
After they are released from jail.

pollcode.com free polls

Re: A Public Opinio Poll

Atlanta Police Recruit Criminals

It's getting harder to tell the cops from the robbers in Atlanta:

More than one-third of recent Atlanta Police Academy graduates have been arrested or cited for a crime, according to a review of their job applications. The arrests ranged from minor offenses such as shoplifting to violent charges including assault. More than one-third of the officers had been rejected by other law enforcement agencies, and more than half of the recruits admitted using marijuana.

Re: A Public Opinio Poll

As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation; and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and to be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed both in my personal life and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of the department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that which is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duties.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held as long as I am true to the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession - law enforcement.

Actual Code of Ethics-as it applies to corrupt agencies:

As a Law Enforcement administrator, my fundamental duty is to ensure my own future, I will safeguard the lives and property of my police administrator buddies and administrative superiors and to protect my department against oppression or intimidation and lawsuits.

I will do whatever I **** well please and if anyone looks to me to be an "example" that's their own stupidity. In the face of danger, scorn or ridicule I will beat the **** out of anyone if I have the opportunity (if no-one is looking). Until then I will harass anyone who would dare offend or challenge me.

I will protect and never reveal any corruption that I see about my superiors because they will then ensure my career will progress.

I will allow my personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence all my decisions. I will compromise with anyone willing to pay me off to keep my mouth shut and I will not report the crimes of other police officers and I will engage in corruption if it protects my accomplices.

My badge is my symbol to hide behind; to use to bully others and intimidate the weak civilians that were stupid enough to come into contact with me and not understand my motivation.

I will achieve these objectives and ideals, or face bring framed by my department; dedicating myself before my superiors (who think that they’re God) and sacrificing those that are below me that refuse to adopt corruption as they cannot be trusted.

I was not meaning the position of deputy...there are others, just out of jail, hired for jobs of some sort.They can be seen dashing around in the courthouse....check on those too.

I guess you are talking about the community service people!

Norm,I just realized the sheriff hired his cousin in the sheriff office, as secretary! I wonder how that happened? He sure takes care of his own!

Name please!

I believe this is his first cousin, his mothers niece I think she is married to a Woodell,lives in Green Bank beside the Artist Gallery .

Stinkwell Tater
Name please!
Renae

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!