Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Interesting Letter From Georgia about Donna Meadows Price

I am sorry that you didn't know what a cousin-in-law was. It seemed like a simple concept! In-laws are relationships by marriage. When the marriage ends the relationship ends.

The "simple concept" as you put it extends only to the immediate family of ones spouse, i.e. father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law.
A person and their spouse would also be a son-in-law or daughter-in-law.

There is no such thing as a cousin-in-law, aunt-in-law, uncle-in-law, grandfather-in-law, grandmother-in-law, second cousin once removed-in-law, etc.

Stinkwell I thought you were an educated man and a former school teacher.

Maybe in Pocahontas County, where so many people have married their cousins, these terms might best fit.

Because I am a patient person I will try once more:

What is a cousin in law?
Give me every way someone could be your "cousin in law" or cousin

Additional Details
okay so what would my aunt's husbands nephew be to me?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
A cousin is the child of your aunt or uncle or other cousin.

When the siblings of your parents have children, those children are automatically your cousins, and any children they may have are your 2nd cousins since they're a second generation and so on through 3rd and 4th for as long as they reproduce in your lifetime.

For a cousin in law, you basically marry someone whom has a cousin. So if you husband's parents had siblings, and they had children, then after your marriage you would be related to those children as "cousin in laws".

If you still don't understand, I shall be unable to enlighten you further. There are 2,590,000 hits on google.com cousin-in-law.

COOL FACE TOM

Stinkwell ....

You said "When the siblings of your parents have children, those children are automatically your cousins". That much is correct.

You went on to say," any children they may have are your 2nd cousins since they're a second generation".

That is not correct. Better check the second part out again.

1 2
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!