Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wind Turbine Project Updates

Hi folks,

Just FYI wanted to update readers on very recent developments concerning the Highland New Wind Development, LLC wind turbine project adjacent to Camp Allegheny. There are 2 letters to the VA State Corporation Commission (SCC) and an SCC ruling to reopen the case:

1. Letter from Paul Hawke, Chief, American Battlefield Protection Program, United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service.

2. Letter from U.S. Congressman Nick Rahall expressing his concern over the wind turbine project.

3. SCC ruling to reopen the case.

Thanks, and take care.

DF
http://www.DavidMarchFleming.com/

Re: Wind Turbine Project Updates

Thanks DAvid. We are counting on you and Marty to Hold on to the "Mountain."

If you politition would keep your minds on real things intead of air space we all would be better off.I've been by the turbine in tucker co hundreds of times i don't see any thing wrong with them.the only thing i see you all ******** about is money.if you tax him then you need to tax the airplanes that fly over an the little planes at boyer.because the towers are in va not wv

Sorry, I don't see nothing wrong with the wind things. We need to keep our minds open. We need progress and this just might be the answer. Yes it need land around each one. Keep fighting things that in the long run might actually be useable. Quit fighting and help our people gets jobs local jobs instead of having to leve the county. We need our young people to stay and raise their families here. Times are changing and we need to change some to.

Let's say NO to the Wind project because it will destroy the sanctity of the view of a civil war battlefield and will be bad for tourism views--that seems to be the anti-wind crowd's theory.

So, to them, I say, let's just keep sending our money to the Arab's, Venezualen's, etc., who hate us and want to blow us up.

Let's not try to break from our oil/coal addiction.

Let's not explore wind/solar, other green ideas that will keep our money here and not sent to those who want us destroyed.

Hmmmm, preserving a view versus working toward breaking the oil/coal addiction--that's a tough choice. The commissioners who are now railing against the wind project need to get out of the past and look to the future. It's not all about tourism and if you believe it is, then Pocahontas will continue to suffer.

Isn't there more to this than debate over wind power

I thought there was an issue of one of the wind turbines being located on our side of the state line. Is anyone concerned about the U. S. Geological Survey line being crossed?

Re: Isn't there more to this than debate over wind power

For gosh sakes people its a wind turbine. They don't tear down the mountain to put them up. Get over your greediness and let them do something that could help us all. It isn't going to destroy anything. Get over it!

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!