toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Should we have a homeless shelter?

One school official wants to build a homeless shelter? For whom? 17 people are listed as homeless in Pocahontas County. 17.

Now homeless has a lot different meaning than you are used to! You are considered homeless if you are living with your grandmother! Or living in a trailer park!

The school is getting almost $2,000 per homeless child in a grant!

ACORN must have made a pass through the county! I wonder if Obama's kids are considered homeless because they live in an office buiding!

Re: Should we have a homeless shelter?

I have a son in a homeless shelter. There is no way I can take care of him (I work two part-time jobs and have just enough to pay bills). He has hit hard times. So for now homeless shelter is the best place for him.

Isn't it strange people don't want homeless shelters but the government will sent 13 trillion dollars to Iraq???!!!

Sad Mother how old is your son? I wish you all the very best and hope that things get better for you soon. God bless you.

You may not realize this but there are homeless people in this county now, and with the economy going the way it is there will probably be more. I think that a homeless shelter is a great idea for this area. At least there will be a place to go and get a bite to eat and a warm bed in the winter.

Also, Sad mother, I am really sorry that you are in that situation but if it were my kid, I just have to say the couch is always free and he could help out around the house, and hunt to help provide his food. There are also food banks like community action and they are always pleasant and willing to help.

Who would this shelter be for.Their is a differance between families needing and Drunks and Druggies neeking help.You think drugs are bad now put in the wrong type of shelter and see what you get!

Who would the shelter be for? HOMELESS PEOPLE. How confusing is that? People with addictions ("drunks and druggies") have families, and need help too. Please explain "the wrong kind of shelter" can you?

How about a shelter for the cold and heartless?

*What does the school do with the "$2,000 grant per homeless child" money ?

*A shelter is a great idea, I don't want to see anyone homeless, especially when Winter hits us. I predict more homeless people in this area in the days ahead. Jobs are not to be found.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!