toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
police;

i heard the law reinforcement new town cop josh Vaughn and or sheriff has not been in the police academy and don't and cant give you a ticket...

would like to know;;

Re: police;

I do believe that people are being quite misinformed about this type of situation. When a police officer is hired, they have a year before they have to go to the police academy. They are a police officer. That is the position they were hired to do. They have a right to write you a ticket. Granted, one that has not been to the police academy should not be placed on duty by themselves until they do, but it happens and there is no law against it. I only know this because I have seen this type of thing on here several times and I have a brother in law that is a deputy in another part of the state and I asked him about how long after they are hired do they have to go to the academy. Remember, the academy lasts for so long and you can not just join in the middle of their training and classes so you have to wait to get in when they have availability.

After caling the head of the wv state police academy, this is what he siad. In any county the sheriff and a city or town police chief are the only ones that do not have to attend the academy. That is why sheriff Jonese will not have to attend. He was given authority to write tickets and arrest people when he was sworn in. As for the town officer, if they made him the chief he will not have to attend the academy. if not he has one year to attend.

They did not make him the chief of police in Marlinton, they just hired him as Town Cop

Well then he will have to go to the academy

wonder waht the town pays a town cop?

Starts out at 11 dollars an hour

Where they getten the money for all those new unmarked car's and how did the sheriff end up with 2??

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!