This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dunmore Daze

Re: Dunmore Daze

The Cass VFD sure can make a lot of NOISE if nothing else.

Cass fire dept.is good at their job...

And they are mighty friendly!

Has anyone heard anything about the child that got attacked by the dog at Dunmore Days? I heard that the dog is thaught to be rabbid. I can't understand why the dog has not been shot yet. All they need is the body of the dog, it doesn't need to be alive to test for rabies. It attacked a child, it should be shot even if it is not rabid. What if the dog excapes from the kennel they have it in and it attackes another child?

The dog is not Rabbid and the little girl is doing well, she was out in Dunmore today.

I am sure the little girl will recover much quicker than the adults who saw the incident. It affected the adults very deeply. Such a shame that it had to happen anytime, especially when so many people were enjoying the event in Dunmore.

The little girl is doing ok. She has gone home now.
The grandparents and great grandma will never get over the scare I'm sure. I was told that this same dog caused an incident at the Durbin Days. I don't think a place where there are a lot of strangers is a place to take a dog. Especially such a big dog.
If you can't go someplace without a dog - stay at home with the dog and you both will be happy and the people will be safer.

Maybe parents should leave the kids at home or put them on a lish. I have seen kids run into others, run in the street and run up to dogs get in there face and when someone tells them to get back they keep on. Most of the time the dogs lisen better than the kids do. What does the parents do most of the time they are not around the kids just run wild. I sometimes don't know who needs the A$$ whipping more the kids for not being good or the parents for not makeing the kids be have.

This is not just Dunmore Days it is everywhere Durbin Days Cass Days Marlinton Days State Fair and just out in plubic everyday places Wal Mart gas stations resturants etc.

So don't ALWAYS blame the dogs when someone will not make the brats mind and lets them run.

Please don't point fingers.This was a terrible thing that surely should not have happened.
Please let it be a lesson,cause it could have been a lot worse.
No.1 Do not take a dog to a event where there are strangers and a lot of people.It is very stressful for the dog !!
No.2 NEVER walk up to a strange dog.You may love THEM but they dont love YOU.AND above all teach your children to never attempt to walk up to a dog,big one ,little one,or grandmas.I am a dog lover,but I respect their nature.Any animal can turn on a person at anytime,dog,cat or any animal.And there is always a first time for everything.
My heart goes out to this child and the owner of the dog also.Again,it should not have happened.

This child was just two years old. She had to have 60 stiches from an incident that should never have happened. An event like Dunmore Daze is for families and a place to have fun. Your remark about putting kids on a leash showed your intelligence.
Not only did this dog not belong at this event but it was tied to the banister close to the door where everyone had to walk by while the owner was inside eating his dinner. It happened to bite a child - it could have been anyone walking by. Also, both of her grandparents were with her - she was not running around by herself. It was a good thing for if her grandfather had not manhandled the dog and got the child free - she could have been killed.

who was the little girl and whos dog was it

They were visiting her great grandma. Her home is in North Carolina. I believe the man that owns the dog lives in Arbovale and takes one of his dogs to public places often. There is nothing I can say to
explain how wrong I feel this is. It wasn't the dog's decision but the owner's decision to bring the dog to Dunmore Daze. He is responsible. Such a shame someone had to be hurt because of his decision.

I had my mom in a wheelchair and my dog on a leash and this guy had his dog and let the dog jump on my dog which was tied to my mothers wheelchair and did not try to stop the dog What does that tell you ?same guy at dunmore

I have seen this man and his dog at Cass many times. The dog is always left tied to the railing on the company store porch and the man is in the restraunt feeding his face. This is not the first person that one of his dogs has bit. In my oppinion this man and his dogs need to be put down. I am suprised that he is not on life support because it is plain that he is brain dead.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!