toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What happened with Wilfong?

We are getting mixed messages! First of all there is the suggestion that the indictment was delayed to "investigate" the "investigators." We do suspect that that needs to be done! The sheriff tried his best to get the state police to not handcuff Wilfong until the copy told him that he (the sheriff) was out of his league on this one.

Secondly, we are hearing that they plan to drop the whole matter. What's five felonies in Pocahontas County?

Re: What happened with Wilfong?

Not one thing is going to happen it will be put off, screwed up, mixed up, then it will just fade away. Unless YOU Norman keep it alive no one else will, most people in this county can not afford to be the bad guy in the good old boy system.Please stay after them THIS IS SO WRONG!

Maybe an investigation of the investigation would be the best for everyone. I'll tell you one thing: The people are getting tired of this crap! I'm feeling the urge to go write a few bad checks! Anyone else? HELL!!!! There's no penalty for it! What's good for the goose is good for the gander! Counterfeit a few! It's ok! It's no longer illegal! I am officially URGING people to go out and write a whole bunch of bad checks! Go buy a car! Hell! Buy a house, guns, campers, motorcycles!!! WHATEVER you want!!!!!!!!!! It's OK!!!!! Nothing will ever happen!

There is one thing that I do not understand in this whole alleged matter with Mr. Wilfong: If he did, in fact, alter a check for personal gain, which is pretty evident, then this is bank fraud by using a bank instrument (check) to commit a felony. This is a federal offense, so why was he not charged by a federal prosecutor and the evidence presented to a Federal grand jury in Elkins or Beckley. Can someone please explain this to me, as I would greatly appreciate it. Only in Pocahontas County could a person get away with such a deal.

Proof that Pocahontas County Isn't a Part ot the United States

Have you all forgotten about the Wilfong mess?

August 17, 2009
Three plead guilty to making fake checks
Advertiser

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Three people admitted in federal court Monday that they made and passed fake checks to about 30 businesses in the Kanawha Valley.

Paul Edward Webb Jr., 31, of Charleston; Toni A. Brown, 36, of Huntington; and Clarence Burgess, 38, of Ashland, Ky., each pleaded guilty to conspiracy to make and pass fictitious checks, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney's Office.

The three used a computer, check paper from an office store and old checks to create the fake checks, using routing numbers from City National Bank, Huntington National Bank, Fifth Third Bank and United Bank, according to the release.

The businesses that received the fake checks lost a total of $22,000, according to the release.

Webb, Brown and Burgess pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge John T. Copenhaver Jr. Each faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine when sentenced on Nov. 19.

HINT: THIS IS FEDERAL COURT. Why hasn't the Wilfong matter been submitted to the feds for an investigation. If Jonese doesn't have the gonads to do it; maybe the feds will.

Re: Proof that Pocahontas County Isn't a Part ot the United States

They at least used banks that existed at the time!

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!