toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Don't Expect Much From the Grand Jury This Time--Donna's gone and J.L. is in charge!

That's right next Tuesday August 4 will be J.L. Clifton's big light to shine--Donna is out for an operation; J.L. will be seeking indictments. Why am I not surprised at this? When the going gets tought, Donna gets going!

Six months into office and she can't face a grandjury. Why?

Hardy County has one prosecutor and 23,000 people. Alone, that prosecutor does more than twice as much work with a budget half the size of Pocahontas County's budget. Donna has a full-time assistant prosecutor and twice the budget but just watch and see how little she accomplishes.

Why? You can't abandon your office as much as she does without reprecussions on the job.

We just got told to leave her office. It seems her secretaries have taken over. Of course, J.L. wasn't in sight. They didn't know anything about the special prosecutor we asked for. They said they didn't even have a copy of Judge Pomponio's most recent order.

Who are they going to try to blame this time for their failures?

Re: Don't Expect Much From the Grand Jury This Time--Donna's gone and J.L. is in charge!

Pocahontas County jury finds Dean guilty on multiple counts

Pocahontas County Prosecuting Attorney Donna M. Price has released the outcome of a jury trial conducted July 21 at the Pocahontas County Courthouse in the case State of West Virginia v. Travis S. Dean for crimes occurring Halloween night 2008.

A seven-count indictment was returned alleging four counts of breaking and entering, two counts of petit larceny and one count of destruction of property.

According to Price, on July 21 a jury was seated and the matter recessed for lunch. Upon return, the jury heard opening statements from the state and the defendant.

The state began its case, calling seven witnesses to the stand including Trooper 1st Class M.A. Agee, Dean's live-in girlfriend at the time the alleged crimes occurred, a witness from Halloween night and various business owners. Upon completion of the witness testimony, the state rested its case.

The defense called no witnesses. At this point, the defendant made a motion to dismiss count four, the breaking and entering charge alleging Pat's Beauty Shop as a victim. This motion was granted.

After a brief recess, the jury heard closing arguments of counsel and retired to the jury room to deliberate. The jury was out 29 minutes before returning with its verdict.

The verdict returned was guilty as to count one, breaking and entering into West Virginia Mountain Homes; not guilty as to count two, breaking and entering into The Flower Garden; guilty as to count three, breaking and entering into the Marlinton Community Thrift Store; not guilty as to count four, petit larceny from The Flower Garden; guilty as to count five, petit larceny as to the Marlinton Community Thrift Store; and not guilty as to count seven, destruction of property to Pat's Beauty Shop.

Re: Don't Expect Much From the Grand Jury This Time--Donna's gone and J.L. is in charge!

Stinkwell Tater
That's right next Tuesday August 4 will be J.L. Clifton's big light to shine--Donna is out for an operation; J.L. will be seeking indictments. Why am I not surprised at this? When the going gets tought, Donna gets going!

Six months into office and she can't face a grandjury. Why?

Hardy County has one prosecutor and 23,000 people. Alone, that prosecutor does more than twice as much work with a budget half the size of Pocahontas County's budget. Donna has a full-time assistant prosecutor and twice the budget but just watch and see how little she accomplishes.

Why? You can't abandon your office as much as she does without reprecussions on the job.

We just got told to leave her office. It seems her secretaries have taken over. Of course, J.L. wasn't in sight. They didn't know anything about the special prosecutor we asked for. They said they didn't even have a copy of Judge Pomponio's most recent order.

Who are they going to try to blame this time for their failures?

Imagine the nerve to go have an operation!!!! Shame on our prosecutor. Didn't you have some medical problems a while back Stupidwell? Is our prosecutor supposed to be above getting sick or needing time off? Just because YOU don't see her when you go to her office, doesn't mean she isn't there. I would lock the door and pretend to be gone when I saw your face coming if it were me.

It drives me crazy to see how you treated Donna before she was elected and how you treat her now. What a piece of work you are Turncoatwell. She was heaven sent and now because she doesn't call you or fill you in on her whereabouts, she's worthless.

I know, maybe they can blame you for their failures for sticking your nose into their business to the point it makes everyone sick, not just Donna.

Get off her's and J.L's backs (Jonese too while I'm at it) and let them do their jobs. I'm sure they are capable of doing it without your help Nosewell.

Thanks to the previous poster about the Dean case. Way to go Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.........................

Don't worry you will be singing a different tune come next Wednesday and I will be playing the piano!!

Imagine the nerve to go have an operation!!!! Shame on our prosecutor. Didn't you have some medical problems a while back Stupidwell? Is our prosecutor supposed to be above getting sick or needing time off? Just because YOU don't see her when you go to her office, doesn't mean she isn't there. I would lock the door and pretend to be gone when I saw your face coming if it were me.

It drives me crazy to see how you treated Donna before she was elected and how you treat her now. What a piece of work you are Turncoatwell. She was heaven sent and now because she doesn't call you or fill you in on her whereabouts, she's worthless.

I know, maybe they can blame you for their failures for sticking your nose into their business to the point it makes everyone sick, not just Donna.

Get off her's and J.L's backs (Jonese too while I'm at it) and let them do their jobs. I'm sure they are capable of doing it without your help Nosewell.

Thanks to the previous poster about the Dean case. Way to go Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.........................[/quote]

keep up the good work donna

How can anyone be on Donna's back if she is never there? As for J.L. he is moving up in the town fast. ESP. after getting woke up sleeping with his face down on the jailhouse desk. Isn't he so lucky?

Surely, J.L. won't bring up any dope charges on these people this time! Wouldn't it be better to wait until Donna can get back. The dopeheads are going to laugh him out of town!

Isn't he the same person who got into the evidence room and od'ed on the evidence?

I think that members of the grand jury will have a hard time indicting people for using dope when J.L. is the prosecutor bringing the charges.

Course, that may explain why Donna chose this time to go to the hospital. Maybe she is embarrassed? I know I would be!!!

Donna seems to disappear when she sees Norman coming. She was there and actually came out and spoke to one of my friends when she showed up and she sure didn't have to.

Is the prosecutor back yet?

She was actually there the other day and sent one of her two secretaries to give me a message!

Bluegrass

Thanks to the previous poster about the Dean case. Way to go Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.........................

keep up the good work donna [/quote]

Good Job Donna and crew.. The word on the street is that Donna prepared the indictments for JL. She is 6 days post surgery and typed the indictments. He just need to review the files and follow the instructions.

I can't believe the business of the prosecuting attorneys office is discussed to people in the public and on the street! Who from the prosecutors office does that?

Did she number the instructions sequentially?

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!