toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Have You Every Wondered About the People who are Guardian Ad Litem in this County?

One of the things that is coming out in my discussions and the emails is a question of who is being appointed the guardian ad litem's in Pocahontas?

A Guardian ad litem is a lawyer for the child in the middle of a custody dispute. He is appointed by the judge in the matter.

Unfortunately, the two main guardian ad litem's in Pocahontas County is Eugene Simmons and Marty Saffer. Eugene has actually lost his license once due to severe character defects and Marty Saffer's kids have had many run in's with the law.

Wouldn't you think that the judge would appoint someone to look out for the "best interests" of the kids who themselves as parents had looked out for the "best interests" of their own kids? Kinda logical isn't it?

But not in Pocahontas County!!! No, never! The courts pick the worst possible lawyer to be a guardian ad litem.

Just this day a lady reminded me of how they caught Marty Saffer in a lie in an MDT meeting. They challenged him to put the question to the rehab people on the telephone and they contradicted what he was saying.

We think that the guardian ad litems ought to read over the 10 commandments and study up a little. Maybe that would go well in one of those Continuing Legal Education Courses they are supposed to take.

Re: Have You Every Wondered About the People who are Guardian Ad Litem in this County?

Norman I have a dispute with you about Martin Saffer and his children. I do not know any of them, but I do know that not always do your children follow their raisings. You can not control kids after they get a certain age. They end up getting a mind of their own and unfortunately at times they are stubborn and make bad choices. Doesn't mean at some point they won't turn out good people and adults, but at the time they are sowing their oats so to speak. My parents did not drink at all and didn't even allow it at the house but when I got about 17 I thought it was the cool thing to do and I did it until I was about 23 or so. Partying was the way to go for me back then I thought. Now I look back and realize how ignorant I was and how well I hid things from my parents after I got a bit older. My parents were very involved with me and had to know everywhere I was. They would even call and check up on me. Guess I was pretty convincing back then and I tried to be. I would hate to think that someone would judge my wonderful parents that did everything they could to provide in every way they could because of bad choices I made growing up. You honestly need to stop trying to throw that type of stuff up at people to cause more problems for the parents. It is totally uncalled for. I am sure Jeffrey Dahmers parents didn't raise their son to become the sicko he turned out to be.

Re: Have You Every Wondered About the People who are Guardian Ad Litem in this County?

As the tree is leaning, so it falls!

Apparently, you don't live in Pocahontas County or you would know about Marty's boys, they are legendary!

The main thing to understand is that when you have failed with your own kids you ought not be trying to raise someone else's kids!

Frankly, I don't think Marty has any idea what is in the best interest of the kids!

I do live in Pocahontas County Norman. YOU may feel that he didn't do good by his kids, but may I ask who you are to judge that?

I am talking about poor folks who are losing their kids because of CPS; they are questioning the qualifications of a guardian ad litem!

I fully understand the parents concerns and agree with them questioning the lawyers provided. The only thing I did not agree with is you saying what you did about Saffer and his kids in the manner you did. It was out of line no matter how you look at it. There are many things that I agree with you on Norman but sometimes it is the way you go about things that are wrong. Anyway good luck to the parents in the matter.

Norman

I don't know whether to agree or not, on the one hand they may lack the knowledge and on the other hand maybe they learned from their mistakes.

It seems like that there is two sides to everything and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

By the way pan taught me that!

Norman your kids is never going to tell you , but I wonder what they realy think of you.

i have had both lawyers and i think thar saffer is the best lawyer in town he changed my life because he cared about how i could change for the better and help me in the long run norman you should know that just because young kids make mistakes that its not there parents falt i was rasied by great parents and made many wrong choices saffer is a great lawyer

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!