toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My own personal failure as a human and how friends can really hurt you

This morning while at a revival service at my church I heard a great story about a man that I had never even heard of before. It truly amazed me and I really wanted to share it with everyone.

I also would like to say, the more I think about this man, John Harper and what he did for people he didn't even know is sincerely meaningful in my life now that I have been made aware of his love for his fellow people. I have been going through a very difficult time with someone who was supposed to be my friend and they turned on me out of anger because of something I did not do. One day they will probably realize that but I am afraid to say that I feel like no matter how good of a friend I think I have in someone they seem to hurt me in some way. This person has hurt me so badly in fact, that I have not been able to stop crying about it. I mean sobbing. How terrible to feel the way that I do. I feel for anyone who has been betrayed or hurt by someone they care deeply about.

With that being said, I also have come to the solidity of the realization that the saying of God never leaving or forsaking us is truer than ever. I do not hurt when I am in the Lords word or praying to him or whatever else I may be doing or thinking for the Lord. It is as if He is the only reason I can stop crying over my friend that has hurt me so deeply after almost 20 years of knowing them.

John Harper, as you will read, did so much for people that he did not even know! Then look at what some of us do to people we do know and are supposed to care about. It is a tragedy at best how we treat one another. Why can't people take Jesus' love, pour even the tiniest bit into themselves and utilize it instead of pouring more of the devil in them? I was told that I am too sensitive when it comes to my friends, and gullible and that there is NO such thing as a true friend. If that is so, then why do I feel so hurt and why am I hurting because of someone that I have always FULLY respected and trusted for so many years? Could it be because I thought they were my friend or could it be because I have always been honest with them and am in shock that a "so-called" friend could turn on someone that HAS taken their friendship so seriously to never betray them or hurt them? Probably both.

If everyone would just take a second and know that in God there IS happiness and that if it is His will that you are friends with this person, than he will open THEIR eyes. They will maybe even hurt because of the pain they have caused you. I don't know. All I know is that I do not want to be one of the people who do not care about others or their feelings. I don't want to be one of those people who disregard anothers pain so I just don't have to deal with the situation at hand. I was told, be mean and just don't care. Well I can't be that way because I don't particularly want to burn in hell because I let the ways of THIS world overcome me. I want to be with God one day in HIS world and THAT is why I can not be this bad person that I was told I should be to keep people at bay from hurting me.

The pain I feel from a mere friend hurting me, I can only imagine the pain that God feels when the people HE created betray him. It would be unimaginable. He sent His son to die for us so we could have eternity with Him and for people to ignore that precious gift for worldly things is beyond me. I will no longer forget what Jesus did for me.

I do hope that those of you that are not saved will get saved. You CAN NOT do this on YOUR time. When God is pulling at your heartstrings please take advantage of that before it is too late. You may make it down the road to home tomorrow after work and you may not. Please do not be caught in death without being saved and knowing Jesus as your savior.

Now, on to the story that I would like for all of you to know. There is a book out also about John Harper that I have ordered. It is called, "The Titanic's Last Hero". This man truly is a hero for the Lord. May God bless you all.

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/harper.htm

Re: My own personal failure as a human and how friends can really hurt you

What a wonderful testimonial link. Thanks for posting it.

Re: My own personal failure as a human and how friends can really hurt you

Thanks Caroline. I appreciate that. There is more to this story but I wanted to tell the other parts and how it made me open my eyes in so many ways.

John Harper lived in England and was asked to come to Chicago to Moody Church. He accepted which is why he was on the Titanic. He was coming to minister to the Americans.

D.L. Moody, a traveling shoe salesman, had started teaching underprivledged children about the Lord. His classes quickly grew, ranging from a saloon room size to over 1000!

On October 8, 1871, D.L. Moody was pastoring at his church and it is said, that he gave a question to his congregation to return 7 days later to answer and did not offer invitation. That very night, the Chicago fires swept through and killed hundreds of people. It is said that D.L. Moody, although continuing in his ministry felt guilty over not offering invitation for people to get saved that night as so many, even members of his church, were killed in the fire.

It is believed that John Harper, knowing this, felt he should try saving until the very last minute, which he did.

Now, I am not sure on a few things here, which I did say "it is said to be" or something similar. Until I get the book that was written about John Harper and am able to do a little more reading on the subject I will not state a couple of things as fact. Just information given.

I hope you have all enjoyed this story. I would enjoy your feedback if you care to share.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!