toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
names of black mountain blugrass boys

what are the 4 names of these gentlemen in the black mountain bluegrass boys picture??

Re: names of black mountain blugrass boys

Dude Irvin, Harley Carpenter and Bill and Richard Hefner...

thank you paulette for the info. my dad worked in the area many years ago for ralph h. burns, and i remember him talking about the black mountain bluegrass boys and he was friends with richard hefner.

You're welcome.
if you go to cd baby, they actually sell a cd of their music.
Only bluegrass music i ever really enjoyed was played by these guys.

The Rock House in Marlinton might have copies of BLACK MOUNTAIN BLUEGRASS BOYS CD's.
They are still performing with Richard Hefner on Banjo and vocals and with Bill Hefner's son Jeff on mandolin and vocals. They will be performing @ Southern States in Marlinton for Pioneer Days Sat July 11. They also perform two Friday's a month @ The Sweet Shope in Lewisburg, WV.
Bill Hefner is still performing Gospel, country, bluegrass with THE HEFNER FAMILY.

HAVE ANY OF THE BLACK MOUNTAIN BLUEGRASS BOYS IN THE PICTURE PASSED AWAY??

Harley passed away several years ago.

Harley died back in the 90's, I believe and Dude in the 70's.

Now, I'm just guessing about the men in the new picture. I'm thinking the one standing on the right is a Shearer and the one neeling down in the center is a Mann. Am I close?

The CD that has the recent photo on the cover is also sold at WVMR. It is a digital version of old LPs. The station also has some newer ones; perhaps still have copies of Harley's last one with a somewhat different band. The new version of the band also has a couple of new CDs out. Also check at WVMR.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!