toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friends of Pearl S. Buck

The Pearl S. Buck Birthplace in Hillsboro, WV invites community members to join “Friends of Pearl S. Buck.” Members receive unlimited free tours of the house. They are also are invited to the annual meeting in October where they hear the reports of committees, vote on the budget for the following year, and elect the board of directors, with more events to come as the group grows. Becoming a member is a great way to get involved and help shape the future direction of the Pearl Buck Birthplace.

To join, contact VISTA Stacie Gilmore at (304) 653-4328, stacie.gilmore[at]gmail.com, or secretary Ginger Must at the Hillsboro Library. Mail checks to The Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Foundation, P.O. Box 126, Hillsboro, WV 24946.

Yearly membership fees are as follows: Individual, $5 - $10; Organization (clubs, libraries, other), $15 - $25; Supporting, $25. Life membership: $1,000.

-------------
For more information about the Pearl Buck House visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pearl_S._Buck_Birthplace

Re: Friends of Pearl S. Buck

Good Going Stacy: I'll join!

check your detailed history. pearl buck was born in china.

Actually Pearl was born in Hillsboro. She lived most of her life in China. Do a search for Pearl Buck and check out one or more of the choices.

That's great Norman! If you mail your membership, shoot me an email and let me know, to make sure it doesn't get lost. Have you been on a tour of the house? If you're ever planning on being in Hillsboro let me know and I can show you the other buildings too, which aren't open for tours yet but should be soon. I want everyone to get a good sense of the organization so they can give us some ideas for improvement.

Have you had any luck with people joining?

Actually, I have never visited the home itself. I will take you up on your offer. Also, as I go through my newspapers taking pics, I keep in mind Pearl Buck. The Times has actually done quite a lot of Pear Buck stuff.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!