chippingnorton.net forum

THIS FORUM IS MODERATED  POSTS MAY BE EDITED
The webmaster will remove stupid, personal and off-topic posts.
His decision is final 

All Views are welcome.
Please be constructive and try not to crticise other people.
If you are comfortable in the Forum join the discussion.
If you don't like the Forum then don't stay around. 
Don't bother to post saying you don't like the Forum 
because thats really boring and nobody is interested
Posting under the name of a real person (not yourself) is not allowed.
Personal criticisms of recognisable people is not allowed.
Jokes or messages not understandable to everybody are not allowed.

NO ADS PLEASE (use the CLASSIFIEDS)
NO GRATUITOUS NAME-CALLING. NO PERSONAL INSULTS.
NO SWEARING OR DISGUISED SWEARING. NO LIBELS.

Posts such as "Hear Hear" "Well said" "Like he said" will be deleted

The use of the expression "Get a Life" is banned on this Forum.
Posts complaining about deletions will be deleted!
Have a nice day.     

Aug 5-We would be grateful if you didn't open any new threads or continue existing ones  other than that one relating to Gerry.

Index > Chippy Forum > The Soapbox > amy winehouse
Forum: The Soapbox
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
amy winehouse

i know she was not a chippy resident, however, i am sure she had touched some of our hearts with her talent. i know she had had her problems and difficulties. good bye such a sad sorrow you will be missed.

Re: amy winehouse

Drink and drugs were her downfall along with keeping the company of druggies like Blake Fielder; we have seen for our selves the effect druggy scum can have just look at matty pratley and his victims. The question is - we can all see it building up so what can we do to stop it?
Compulsory drug tests?
Enforced rehab programs?
More resources (not less as at present) for the police and social services?
More drug sniffer dogs routinely deployed in a variety of areas?
I dont have the answers but i can see it happening.

its a shame that it may come down to that. the talent is now lost. however we all have a choise on what we do. she decided to choose drink and drugs and people who had an influence on her. i'm sure that they all had the desired effect at the time, this prooved to be wrong.

this is not to condone drink and drugs, she could be highlighted as a wasted life, however, the pleasure she gave to millions is now what she leaves behind.

Great voice, bad friends . Reminds me of Billie Holliday or any other of those great but 'fragile' artists that didn't have the right people (or common sense) to guide them. RIP.

very sad, such a young age. always was a strange person though. rip.

A great shame this has happened although it came a sno surprise. Even an oldie like me thought she had a great distinctive voice - I am sorry this has happened and hope it will be a warning to others.

yer will teach people to not do drugs or drink wayy to much

Wondering if this was any other person whether they would get the same sympathy or a serves themselves right

Quote: a
Wondering if this was any other person whether they would get the same sympathy or a serves themselves right

Very true.If this wasnt Amy Winehouse know one would care and people would be saying its their own fault. She had a great voice and inspired many people, good or bad...However we speak of a certain drug addict very well known to CN and we never speak of him in a good way, so why just because she was famous and could sing, should we say its a bad thing?she chose her way of life and we could see many years ago that she wasnt going to be here for much longer, a young life WASTED but hopefully this will be a big message to her fans out there. its the family i feel for not her.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com