THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Doubt about power push

hi.
i am making an exercise contained in RYV.

Is called "Useful Tip: Maintaining the Power Push and Expanded Ribs-"
I dont get it or is happening the opposite to me ..

Is where says to "Tighten the belt while tightening your stomach downwards. Again, if you release this
stomach tension, the belt should become loose."

Isn't the opposite? When i make the ppush i feel the
oposite - that area in the navel expand to the
sides and some part goes in. Its like going in and
expanding to the sides so the belt stays loose when
i make the push and when i not make the push the
belt stays firm. I dont get it or i am just wondering?

Resuming: The lowe bulge at the abdomen around the
navel must go in?? Is is this then i am wrong or
i am doing the opposite? Oh man

Re: Doubt about power push

You're overthinking it. The most important thing to do, is make sure that you're not taking in too much air. Try to think about all those times when you've gotten so pissed off that you screamed at the top of your lungs, and you were hyperventillating.

In fact, let me get you to that point: You are a pug nosed dweeb who eats curry with his nostrils because they have teeth in them.

Are you mad yet? If the answer is no, kiss my ass. If the answer is yes, proceed to the next step.

Which I probably can't tell you because it's copyrighted. Haa!

Keep practicing the hyperventillation, though, and you'll eventually pass out. So don't practice so much.

i am not mad so i'll have to kiss your ass and
make sure you are heavy because the rod can
make you cry haha

When you push down, the lower abs will go out a bit. Not as much as if you were purposely pushing your stomach out, but enough to hold the belt in place. That's the point of this tip-to get you used to the downwards sensation by keep the belt from dropping (by using the stomach as it is expanding)

JV

The belt also helps to make you look like a Nancy.

Thanks, Mr. Vanderaj!

*wink, hand salute*

Ahh this means if there's too much pressure then
the bet will fall?

thanks.

No it means that if you don't keep the pressure, the belt will fall.

JV