THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just outta curiousity...

Jaime did a review of Brett Manning's system.

Review of Brett Manning's Singing Success

I've got some material from Brett, but some of it conflicts with some of what Jaime teaches. For example, he says on a video I have that you shouldn't sing open throated. Jaime's method is what is called an "Open Throat" just like has been used in Classical/Opera for thousands of years - except he teaches you how to have an iopen throat in a matter of weeks versus months.
Brett's material/style seems to be more like Broadway/Show singing.

At least that's how it hits me anyway. I look at it this way - for me the goal was always to be able to have that BVig Full Operatic sound, but with the widest range possible - after years of my researching this type of material, I think Jaime's method is the one that delivers the most gain for the least effort.... making his the most efficient.

Tim

I think if you look around long enough, a LOT of the info out there conflicts with a lot of the info out there.
You kind of have to take what works for you and filter the rest out. My experience...

That makes sense, and thanx to Skully for the review. It explained a lot.

Techniques will vary. No technique will work for everyone. RYV is what I have discovered to help me hit full voice instead of falsetto. Brett and I do differ, but I support him totally.

JV

Hello there,
I tried different books and cd`s as well after takin` 30 hours with a vocal teacher.
All helped me here and there. I liked to see somethings from fifferent point of views. So of course some authors/teachers tell the same, but at one you don`t understand what is meant sometimes until you read it more clearly from another.

I also have the Brett Manning system and I like to have lots of different excercises to sing along with.
And Brett got a lot on his cd`s but actually didn`t tell too much about the background. Very less about breathing for example.

Jaime`s work is absolute fantastic and still goes on with this forum,new videos excercises.. on other systems you buy your thing and that`s it (and on requests to such thing you won`t get satisying answers..).

I`m seriously into cocal training since 1 and a half years and I like to learn always new things.

Greetz from hot Germany,
Red