THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FALSETTO SLIDE

You are jumping ahead and not understanding. Reread my fiend:) With the falsetto slide, you want to slide all the way to the lowest part of your range. Yes I understand that it will break into chest, but if you work it right and keep it very soft pure and non-breathy, by the time you reach the note where you can't use falsetto anymore, you should be able to smoothly walk right into that low note in full voice. You see, the falsetto break will be lower than the full voice break, and your goal is to make that transition perfectly smooth and seemless. On the Siren, your break will be higher, probably around an E or F, whereas in falsetto, it may be as low as the G below that. So in essence, falsetto isn't for working through your actual break, because in falsetto you can seemlessly slide through that full voice break. Watch the videos, and it might take several read through RYV before it makes any sense. There is a LOT of material in there, but you'll get it :) It just takes time.

JV

well I read the book page by page but since my native language isn't English i guess I made mistake... at list I did one thing right- I drank 6 litres (about6 1/2 galoons) water . Wasn't that easy but it feels good, body don't drie out now.

Just a note, you CAN actually drink too much water.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

Yes you can drink too much water, but honestly, don't worry about that chemistry thing. You'd have to drink about 10 gallons a water a day to screw yourself up. I advise half your body weight in ounces per day, but 1 gallon certainly will not hurt you.

JV

My weight is 155 pounds and I drank 1 1/2 gallons. So I guess it's still healthy amount of water.

Jaime- you said "watch the videos"

WHAT videos?