THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The time not to sing

Crap well im on a diet again. Seems that my reflux kicked in. When i sing gets weak and horse. 4 days not singing. But i started warming up fine then 10 min later
Voice weak horse. I had this before took me about a week and a half of not talking to get it back. Crap im so upset. When im singing i push down like im talking a crap takes the stress of the vocal cords. but then no edge. So then i try to be bratty and i get that edge. Upset can't sing have to wait. can pushing to hard down get you horse? I might be wrong becasue i don't feel my chords when i do that.

Re: The time not to sing

Wassup Spekky,
I haven't been ignoring you and didn't mean to cut you off so quikly the other night, but I don't even have time to talk to my wife ;) I'm so busy with this campaign and now I'm flying to Europe to do a show in France. When everhting settles down, we'll talk. and no the pushing donw can't hurt the cords or cause acid reflux....as long as you do it right and don't feel any grunting or pressure in the throat.

good luck man dam im upset have to take a vocal break till my vioce returns

Crap second week still vioce a little weak hard to talk feel phgem. ON diet allready. I don't think i have Nodes
I sound like i have a cold a freind says. But im not singing now. If i ever lose my vioce ill shoot my self.
Jaime says through the phone i sound fine. But my the end of a song my vioce gets weak and hourse. Waitin to go to docter but have to wait 2 weeks. explain how nodes sound. or polops. throught feels raw a little sore.

Sound like i have a cold maby becasue of eggs

Acid Reflux is a killer dude .. do not mess around with it, if you wake up in the morning with a wattery ear feeling, get to the doc's and get something for it, I take Nexium and my voice since taking it has been crisp and clear in the morning. For the longest time I would have to gargle with warm saltwater in the morning to have a clear voice just to warm up and sing.

This acid reflux can also affect your sinuses, ie lead to colds/sinus infections, etc ... it is a nasty cycle that all comes down and effects your voice by swelling the 3 chambers of your voice.

Hope this helps,

EdsMedSinger

why dont you try salt water spray! you should be able to get it from the chemist and what you do is spray it up your nose and leave it for a few seconds then give your nose a good blow and it will clear your sinusses! i havnt tried this yet but im gonna need to soon coz after ive started singing i get alot of phlegm when im practising my exercises

I have a section in Raise Your Voice dedicated to flushing the sinuses, (as well as Acid Reflux) If you own the book, you should check it out.

JV